CORMIER: "If I decide to take Jon Jones down 100 times I'll take him down a 100 times

did you ask him after the fight if he decided to actually taking him down?

maybe he was just faking it and only decided it when he actually landed in the fight

be smart bro

He clearly tried many times and only got one because Jones tried a guillotine.

C'mon broslice, there's no need to rub it in. DC already got a beating tonight.

To be fair I (and I'm sure most people) expected Cormier to get more than 1 takedown. I knew Jones had great TDD, but I didn't expect him to do as well in the wrestling department as he did...especially in the earlier rounds when Cormier was fresh

a lot of people overrated cormier based on his highlight reel. Barnett is a big dude but he's a sub grappler, not someone known for his sprawl or TDD. Hendo since pride has outwrestled Rich franklin and who else? He got grapple fucked by Jake Shields. Now Cormier dominated the two of them, but that should have still left a big question mark. It's not like he tossed Rashad or JDS around who are both notoriously difficult to takedown

Ouch. ***** got worked. "So you are a wrestler? I bet I could take you down" 99 of 100 times :)

Daniel is definitely eating crow right now. He really let me down. Honestly though, it didn't look like he was going for takedowns during the first 3 rounds before he gassed.

He was wrong about the takedowns. Alexander did a lot better than DC in my opinion. I was surprised at how quickly the tide turned against DC. He looked broken in his corner after the third. Give Gus the rematch, Anthony Johnson isn't going to beat Jon Jones.

DC just decided to take him down once...worked his game perfectly on Jones!

Ben Askren must be feeling like a piece of shit right now because of that failed Matt Riddle joke.

He was wrong about the takedowns. Alexander did a lot better than DC in my opinion. I was surprised at how quickly the tide turned against DC. He looked broken in his corner after the third. Give Gus the rematch, Anthony Johnson isn't going to beat Jon Jones.

Neither will Gus, I'm certain of it.

Ben Askren must be feeling like a piece of shit right now because of that failed Matt Riddle joke.

Ben Askren ‏@Benaskren
Hey @JonnyBones you may be the best 205lber in the world, but I know all you really want is the fans love. Sorry you'll never get it.

LOL

Ben Askren ‏@Benaskren
Hey @JonnyBones you may be the best 205lber in the world, but I know all you really want is the fans love. Sorry you'll never get it.

LOL

Look at the threads and posts in this forum right now. Jones has true fans, unlike most of DC's, and made a lot more tonight. He has more fans than Askren could ever dream of having.

Look at the threads and posts in this forum right now. Jones has true fans, unlike most of DC's, and made a lot more tonight. He has more fans than Askren could ever dream of having.

I know, DC fans today are the same Gus/Anthony Fans tomorrow, i don

apparently he did not decide to take jones down 100 times.

* I thought about making this exact thread. Thanks TS. I have another thread up and a gif request so I appreciate you making this one for me!!

Back