Cormier can't control his emotions, thus he is draining himself...........

When Jones walks in the cage he should look at Cormier and say you suck, and Cormier will be nuts

haha....he probably will say that to him....after the touch gloves if you want from the ref.

I love how Shertards always know what's inside a fighters mind.

I love how Shertards always know what's inside a fighters mind.
Thanks for the compliment ''sherturd''. Anyway, was an opinion about an observation I made (and I'm guessing most people observed Cormier was pacing like crazy on the stage). Plus, if you remember past interviews you know that stress tends to get to Cormier and it wears him down. HE HIMSELF SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He talked about what was going on inside his mind and body. Don't know if he was lying or not but that's what he said. Next time you try to be a wise ass try to come with an argument. ;)

I don't think he was anything that drained him because he wasn't shaking when he grabbed the microphone from Rogain!

Cormier is just more motivated and taking the fight more seriously.

Actually, from the body language, I noticed that JJ already knows he is going to be broken because he wasn't even upset, which means he accepted his defeat! That's just my observation! You know how you have a hungry lion pacing in the zoo, and then there is a lazy lion, who would you get close to?

Yeah, I agree. The beef is so fake and it's obvious that they like each other. I just wish I wasn't the only one who saw this.

I also see it. At the ufc Q&A media day in LA it became very obvious that they actually like eachother. They were having a lot of fun together. I still think that Cormier is doing a very good acting job and thats why many people buy the beef.

Thanks for the compliment ''sherturd''. Anyway, was an opinion about an observation I made (and I'm guessing most people observed Cormier was pacing like crazy on the stage). Plus, if you remember past interviews you know that stress tends to get to Cormier and it wears him down. HE HIMSELF SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He talked about what was going on inside his mind and body. Don't know if he was lying or not but that's what he said. Next time you try to be a wise ass try to come with an argument. ;)

It wears him down to the point of winning every round of every fight he's been in. You're right people should be very concerned about this lol.

I also see it. At the ufc Q&A media day in LA it became very obvious that they actually like eachother. They were having a lot of fun together. I still think that Cormier is doing a very good acting job and thats why many people buy the beef.

you'd be surprised how many around here would call you retarded for even considering it. Just shows how gullible people are though I never considered most MMA fans to be the most accurate thinkers.

Stress is part of the game do you think Jones is not stressed?No doubt he is so nervous all the fighters get nervous but some of thenm displays it and some of them not...We are talking a 15-0 MMA fighter and 2 time olympic wrestler,So you need to worry aboput something different

DC only wrestled in one Olympics...

As a martial artist the most important is to stay in control of your emotions. Looking forward to smashing someone is one thing but after watching the weigh-ins, Cormier went completely crazy pacing up and down the stage (whereas Bones looked quite relaxed). I think at least 10 percent of his energy will be drained before the fight start, during the walk-in and the wait for Jones (and of course the hours/night before the fight). If I were Jones I'd wait as long as possible, let Cormier go crazy like he went crazy during the weigh-ins. Being pumped is one thing, but I think you're going to need all your energy saved up for that fight. He'll be pacing up and down the cage a few billion times before Jones arrives.

If Cormier doesn't finish it in round 1 or round 2 Bones will run through him in the later rounds. Just an observation. I could be completely off. However, I don't think so.

Yawn.

Heard all this infantile claptrap before.

GSP was going to lose to BJ Penn in the rematch because he couldn't control his emotions, same for Anderson in the Sonnen rematch, same for a thousand other big fights.

Some fighters smile and shout things, some fighters prowl and brood, some fighters talk crazy to the media and need restrained, some fighters stay quiet and look away...

Everyone is different, and no demeanour or approach is 'right' and another 'wrong'. DC may fight better when he is fired up, JBJ may come out too relaxed and complacent, it could be the opposite of what you're saying, so let's just watch the match-up in the cage and leave all the amateur psychology crap out.

Stare downs are for the fans. He was selling the fight. You think that little display where Jones was turned to the audience and DC was turned the opposite way wasn't planned?

Cormier has lost too much weight, he looked about 155 at weigh ins. damn he is gonna get smashed to bits. he made a big mistake losing his fat, if it aint broke dont fix it. had Cormier before but now I seen how lean he is.. I'm going with Jones wish ease

Stare downs are for the fans. He was selling the fight. You think that little display where Jones was turned to the audience and DC was turned the opposite way wasn't planned?

Maybe, but why would we think that everything is planned?

Cormier should have NEVER been a TV talking head as its clear he's a nice, articulate guy and that don't jive well with this hot-tempered bloke he's frontin.

Fighting a 5 round fight is probably roughly equivalent to running 26.2 miles...Cormier pacing was equivalent to more like 10 meters. Sorry, but it really is as simple and clear as that.

Emotion is control. They are the mechanisms of control of the self. They are also the mechanisms of destruction of the self. One who harnesses them, can do great things.

" I think at least 10 percent of his energy will be drained before the fight start" WOW, priceless, first time a human being is able to measure the energy drainage with precision, I love some Sherdog's posts

During the interview with helwani the other day, dc said that is part of his and his coaches' strategy; they want him to be like a caged animal by the time the fight starts. I'm pretty sure they know how to get the best out of Cormier, so I will defer to them on that one rather than acting like I know better, a la ts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back