1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Cormier can't control his emotions, thus he is draining himself...........

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Raziel82, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Raziel82

Raziel82 Brown Belt

As a martial artist the most important is to stay in control of your emotions. Looking forward to smashing someone is one thing but after watching the weigh-ins, Cormier went completely crazy pacing up and down the stage (whereas Bones looked quite relaxed). I think at least 10 percent of his energy will be drained before the fight start, during the walk-in and the wait for Jones (and of course the hours/night before the fight). If I were Jones I'd wait as long as possible, let Cormier go crazy like he went crazy during the weigh-ins. Being pumped is one thing, but I think you're going to need all your energy saved up for that fight. He'll be pacing up and down the cage a few billion times before Jones arrives.

If Cormier doesn't finish it in round 1 or round 2 Bones will run through him in the later rounds. Just an observation. I could be completely off. However, I don't think so.

2. eon001

eon001 Red Belt

I actually think that's a fair observation. I actually see him seizing up quite a bit n this fight. Having to deal with all he pressure might effect him badly.

3. Mr. Fresca

Mr. Fresca Thanks for playing

Anyone who has wrestled at his level must have some serious composure. But he does seem to genuinely hate Jones whereas Jones is just trolling him. I'm hoping that he can set the emotions aside and stick to his game plan.

4. yekmurat

yekmurat Silver Belt

Stress is part of the game do you think Jones is not stressed?No doubt he is so nervous all the fighters get nervous but some of thenm displays it and some of them not...We are talking a 15-0 MMA fighter and 2 time olympic wrestler,So you need to worry aboput something different

5. RepairManManMan

RepairManManMan Banned Banned

I disagree.

It's not draining, it's fueling. Some people need to be calm and collected to perform, this is why Jackson makes Jon Meditate between rounds.

Cormier on the other hand, seems like the opposite. He seems like a guy who can snap at any moment, and If I was his opponent I would be afraid.

6. He's hyping up the fight man. Once that cage door closes he'll be good to go. Both of these guys will be. You don't get to their level otherwise.

7. Raziel82

Raziel82 Brown Belt

Well you're not Jones or a professional fighter are you? ;)

Fueling can be draining, especially if it's done too much before the fight.

Look at it like studying. Some people study so freaking much that they go completely blank during the actual exam/test. Too much of anything is bad in my opinion. Too much training, too much hate and so on.

8. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

Yea, he got pissed at Cummins and wrecked him in a few seconds, as if he were nothing but a pile of cumin seeds.

9. RepairManManMan

Idk what you mean. Are you a professional fighter?

Can you give an actual example of what you mean?

10. trumpet

trumpet White Belt

He's about as stressed as Tyson and Lewis were in 2002 when they infamously brawled, bit and cussed each other out to sell the fight. They hugged and kissed after of course, admitting it was all hype.

11. RepairManManMan

Yeah, I agree. The beef is so fake and it's obvious that they like each other. I just wish I wasn't the only one who saw this.

12. Bogeyman

Bogeyman Electrical Cord Belt

I think so too, he's obviously very wound up. I was surprised at that video of the fighter meeting. He's bacally screaming across the room at Jones and Jones is sitting there like "yeah whatever".

It'll be interesting to see how this effects him, he was very cool headed (as far as I remember) before the Cummings fight and he really dislikes Cummings.

13. delbosque

delbosque Brown Belt

I don't read anything into it. When that bell rings, nothing matters except what's going on inside the cage.

14. Mesos

Mesos Blue Belt

Jones is just as worried. The difference is that he hides it.

15. Elysianwing

Elysianwing Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt

Faulty premises lead to faulty conclusions. Not everyone handles pressure and/or stress the same, some are buried beneath it and others use it as motivation to fly above it. Cormier seems like the latter, imo.

16. Raziel82

Raziel82 Brown Belt

Was referring to you being afraid of Cormier. I think it's natural to be afraid of your opponent. Jones however is a professional fighter whom already fought several legends. My bad, needed to explain that.

And no, never been a professional. Never even fought MMA. Only tournaments I have ever been in are Taekwondo, and I actually sucked at it. Took my a while to notice my upper body is ten times as agile and strong as my legs. So went in the wrong line of business. :p

17. Mesos

Mesos Blue Belt

Before the fight with cummings cormier was going just as crazy this one. But during the fight he ended up looking even more extra serious in the fight. I think this will be same way.

18. Raziel82

Raziel82 Brown Belt

If you put it like that your premises could be false as well. ;)

As you said, it's your opinion. I gave mine. Already stated it doesn't have to be true, but like you I have a certain feeling about it. Cormier looked way too wound up. Already in Berserk mode.

19. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

UFC on FOX 7: Henderson vs Melendez Post-Fight Pr

20. Elysianwing

Elysianwing Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt

They could be, but they aren't. It is a fact that different people handle similar stress-stimuli differently.