Cormier calls out Frank Mir for fight on Fox and then Jones.

Righteous Jon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Looks like Cormier will get his wish imo, I think 2014 will see a new LHW champ too.

Looks like Cormier will get his wish imo, I think 2014 will see a new LHW champ too.

lyoto-machida-300x300.png

:icon_chee

He said he already signed the contract so I think it's not really calling out someone I'm sure he's guaranteed the fight

Ha ha, that would be an old champion. You cheeky bastard. Can you imagine the fight between Cormier and Machida though? That would be awesome.

Personally i think that fight would last under a minute ending with machida unconscious
Cormier vs sonnen or janes , now you're talking

Ha ha, that would be an old champion. You cheeky bastard. Can you imagine the fight between Cormier and Machida though? That would be awesome.

We still haven't seen Cormier vs someone who's as fast or even faster than him.

Cormier would probably beat my boy, but I'd give Machida a big chance.

Hahahaha....

Now that Chael talked his way into a title shot with Jones, everyone is trying to lol.

Please people, even if by some miracle Cormier makes it to 205, Jon Jones would finish him in under 3 rounds and make it look easy in doing so lol. DC is a fantastic freestyle wrestler, but that means nothing when you're standing across from the monstrosity that is Jones lol.

We still haven't seen Cormier vs someone who's as fast or even faster than him.

Cormier would probably beat my boy, but I'd give Machida a big chance.

If Cormier drops down to LHW. It's safe to say he's actually gain speed. Pretty fast for a fast dude.

Hahahaha....

Now that Chael talked his way into a title shot with Jones, everyone is trying to lol.

Please people, even if by some miracle Cormier makes it to 205, Jon Jones would finish him in under 3 rounds and make it look easy in doing so lol. DC is a fantastic freestyle wrestler, but that means nothing when you're standing across from the monstrosity that is Jones lol.

cormier's wrestling > jones's wrestling, so he wouldn't be worried about the clinch like most of jones's opponents

If Cormier drops down to LHW. It's safe to say he's actually gain speed. Pretty fast for a fast dude.

Gaining speed doesn't automatically mean that he would have a speed advantage though.

The speed of LHWs are overall superior to that at HW esp. Cormier's opponents to this point in particular.

Personally i think that fight would last under a minute ending with machida unconscious

I don't know this janes, but she must be one huge woman.

Thought Cormier looked like shit tonight. He missed so many openings in top control (that he kept losing) that it blew my mind. Marquardt looks like shit so far too.

I respect both these guy's games and I've been calling for them to make waves once they cross over. Hopefully tonight is just a case of them looking past their opponents. Both look very pedestrian.

cormier's wrestling > jones's wrestling, so he wouldn't be worried about the clinch like most of jones's opponents

It's not as simple as whose wrestling is better though. Cormier isn't going to be able to outwrestle, or really out-anyhting, JBJ while he is under constant threat of brutal kicks, punches and elbows, and the most dangerous submissions in the LHW division. Jones will dominate DC from pillar to post. Easily.

no...I suspect even Cormier would have difficulty taking Machida down. And he sure as hell wont light Machida up standing.

but he will likely be a very small lhw.

he cannot cut a lot of weight safely so he will have to lose size and weight and do a minimal cut to fightat lhw.

Gaining speed doesn't automatically mean that he would have a speed advantage though.

The speed of LHWs are overall superior to that at HW esp. Cormier's opponents to this point in particular.

I concur. I'm Daniel's case, I think his relative speed would translate well. His bodyfat can only improve at this point.

Even if Comier's wrestling is better than Jones', i doubt the difference is enough to make up for the striking and submission difference. I think Jones takes it without too much trouble.

It's not as simple as whose wrestling is better though. Cormier isn't going to be able to outwrestle, or really out-anyhting, JBJ while he is under constant threat of brutal kicks, punches and elbows, and the most dangerous submissions in the LHW division. Jones will dominate DC from pillar to post. Easily.

Throwing Kicks against Cormier is the most idiotic you can do, even if your name is Jon Jones.

Back