Media Corey Sandhagen: Sean Shelby just talked to me in the back. I'm still 1 fight away from the title

Wonder how much weight he cuts. He looked huge compared to TJ, almost the same as Conor pretended Nate was after he got finished.

Doubt it. He just lost the #1 contender fight...

The most solid kind of contract there is.

Tj is probably gone for 6 months to a year depending on his knee. Sand could fight in 2 weeks if ufc needed him to. But lost the fight.
<LikeReally5>

Last edited:
Book him against Sterling when Yan regains the title. Co-main in the Yan-TJ card.

Aljo via choke in 88 seconds.

He needs to be more aggressive, but smart going forward. He can't allow himself to get Jon Fitch'd like he did last night. He made no effort to stop TJ from cuddling with him against the cage. You never know when the judges are gonna award that style of fighting.

As he should be, fight was too close (though he won but needs to make so adjustments) for him to take a major stock loss. BW has plenty of killers you could match him for an absolute cracker of a contender bout .

TJ could be out for an extended recovery, in which time Cory could get another win but needs to be a good one, Font for instance. It was a close decision almost a toss up depending on judges. Depends on when UFC needs Cory to help out a card, if he does Dana a favor can help standing.

Eh this loss and his complete failure against current champ I'd say more like a few fights but we all know ufc is a clown show and records/rankings don't matter anyway.

It's just strange. There's champs who lose their belts who fall further down the pecking order. Sandhagen is a fun fighter though, so I get it.
Maybe he fights for cheaper and doesnt complain for now. Havent seen any comp data recently so not sure. But that is usually a good way to get fights.

Corey looks rough! Swollen eyes, broken nose, multiple cuts, bloody mouth, GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL NOW!

One fight away from the title would mean his next fight is for the belt, which is obviously not going to happen.

Looks like a preflight interview.

Good. No reason to penalize him for losing to a hug-stall offense from Dillasnake.

Lol delusional Corey SALThagen can’t handle a loss… I guess that’s why he hasn’t bothered getting better in wrestling since Sterling destroyed him.

Go learn some grappling fundamentals and get in the back of the line.

<BidenShutIt>

TJ got his first title shot one win after a loss.
He was supposed to fight Takeya Mizugaki until Assuncao got hurt. If Cory wins his next fight they might make him a backup for the title. Injuries can happen at any moment, so who knows, he might get lucky.

Back