Media Corey Sandhagen: Sean Shelby just talked to me in the back. I'm still 1 fight away from the title

Does this mean tj is fighting for the title next then Corey gets the winner?

Does this mean tj is fighting for the title next then Corey gets the winner?
it means corey has to win one more fight to challenge for the title, sounds like a title eliminator. I don't know how likely it will be, but we'll see. If he delivers an exciting knock out, they probaly rush him to the title shot, especially if its not tj or aljo. If its tj or aljo, he probably has to win one more. especially against aljo since he was dominated and submitted early. He hasn't showed he can handle the wrestling pressure well. Old TJ still was able to pressure him rather easily.

UFC are really giving him every chance to succeed. He got embarrassed by Aljo, yet still managed to fight the number one contender in his next fight out against moraes. Now He loses to TJ in a number one contender fight, and now they probably want him to fight Font in yet another number one contendership bout.

I guess if he loses that one he'll move up and fight max for number one contender spot at FW

UFC are really giving him every chance to succeed. He got embarrassed by Aljo, yet still managed to fight the number one contender in his next fight out against moraes. Now He loses to TJ in a number one contender fight, and now they probably want him to fight Font in yet another number one contendership bout.

I guess if he loses that one he'll move up and fight max for number one contender spot at FW
Dana White Privileges

Wait til Sterling-Yan plays out. If Sterling somehow wins, Sandhagen beating Yan would be huge

Dana White Privileges

It's just strange. There's champs who lose their belts who fall further down the pecking order. Sandhagen is a fun fighter though, so I get it.

It's just strange. There's champs who lose their belts who fall further down the pecking order. Sandhagen is a fun fighter though, so I get it.

Me too, I like Sandhagen a lot. When Cory beat Frankie, he could’ve used his Dana White Privileges to leap frog Aljo for Yan, but in an interview he stated that Aljo deserved the shot. You won’t find too many people that will do that….

He’s a fun fighter but one of the flattest personalities on the roster. I mean, Edwards is awkward but still somewhat likeable. Sandhagen doesn’t even register.

Not saying he shouldn’t get opportunities because of that - just pointing it out because you are all saying Dana loves him and typically, Dana likes personalities as much as he does finishers.

He’s a fun fighter but one of the flattest personalities on the roster. I mean, Edwards is awkward but still somewhat likeable. Sandhagen doesn’t even register.

Not saying he shouldn’t get opportunities because of that - just pointing it out because you are all saying Dana loves him and typically, Dana likes personalities as much as he does finishers.
Cory def has personality. Did you listen to the JRE episode with him in it?

But what happens when you can't cut to BW and have to fight at a weight class up? O'malley vs Sandhagen, book it now.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

26mrq35v67p61.png

I'm glad for him. Even tho I was rooting for TJ because he kinda was the underdog, it's hard to say that he truly 'lost' that fight. He gave away too much, but at the same time did the most real damage tho ripping TJ's knee and hurting him a couple times. He should indeed be just one good top 5 win away from the title. Didn't lose or gain much stock.

Back