Continuing egg yolk discussion

This study also made the news in my town's paper.

I thought the egg yolk debate had been settled but this made me doubt it a little bit.

So is it fair to say that it IS harmful, or at least not great, for older people (45 years +, more or less) and people with weight and/or heart problems?

It's not fair or correct to say that.

I just hate how there is always a Dr. that has to refute it. Is that study not good enough for them? That followed a LOT of people for a long period of time. Researchers are weird that way. Some researchers never have enough "evidence". I read an article that pissed me the fuck off once about a woman discussing how omega-3s may not be as good for us as they thought. The biggest argument she used several times was "there is not enough evidence to support this".

Well, it's not necessarily just the direct fault of the person in-question (Doctor, Nutritionist, whatever). The problem goes a bit deeper than that, there's a reason pretty much ALL of America was and in many ways still is on a "low fat" kick. Visually, it makes sense. Eat fat, get fat. Eat cholesterol, get cholesterol. How many people actually study lipid and glucose metabolism specifically? Mostly just the scientists in those fields, and there's bevies of evidence they have. Problem is outside of their own publications, you won't see a lot of it unless you know which places to go to. It's akin to that there's arguably an ivy league education sitting in any City Library, but how many people have it in them to comb through all that? And without the guidance, it's easy to get confused.

It's pretty amazing how many dogmatic notions exist about this field that either defy biological function, or themselves were based on faulty evidence to begin with. At the end of the day it's pretty much impossible to convince someone of something they don't want to believe. So the way I see it we can simply relay the information, and let the chips fall where they may in terms of what decisions people make.

Well, it's not necessarily just the direct fault of the person in-question (Doctor, Nutritionist, whatever). The problem goes a bit deeper than that, there's a reason pretty much ALL of America was and in many ways still is on a "low fat" kick. Visually, it makes sense. Eat fat, get fat. Eat cholesterol, get cholesterol. How many people actually study lipid and glucose metabolism specifically? Mostly just the scientists in those fields, and there's bevies of evidence they have. Problem is outside of their own publications, you won't see a lot of it unless you know which places to go to. It's akin to that there's arguably an ivy league education sitting in any City Library, but how many people have it in them to comb through all that? And without the guidance, it's easy to get confused.

It's pretty amazing how many dogmatic notions exist about this field that either defy biological function, or themselves were based on faulty evidence to begin with. At the end of the day it's pretty much impossible to convince someone of something they don't want to believe. So the way I see it we can simply relay the information, and let the chips fall where they may in terms of what decisions people make.

This goes both ways though. I am sure there are people that would say the same exact thing about your opinions in the zero carb diet thread.

There's a difference, though, between what happens in actual biological function, and an "opinion" thereof.

I eat 6 Large HBEs per day and I've never felt better.

I always buy the jumbo size, about 50% of the time I'll get a double yolk.

It's like hitting a scratch-off.

Back