Continuing egg yolk discussion

Ring Shark98

Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is an article that was written in my local newspaper yesterday:

MDs rebut egg 'propaganda'

Just posting this for interest sake. I don't necessarily agree with it. My family has heart disease, but I feel I am FAR more healthy than any of them ever were. I eat lots of veggies and am very active, so I still eat my yolks.

Hmm. Just when they ok the yolk, this shit hits the press.

facepalm-statue1.jpg

The yolk is where the baby chicken lives :(

when i cook up some eggs i allways take the yolk out, it tastes nasty and the white bit is pure lovely

i am lucky i guess

DONT EAT THE BABY CHICKEN :(

Once again, cholesterol in the heart is not made of dietary cholesterol. It's made from dietary glucose in the liver. This is just the same old incorrect dogma being repeated. This article is highly irresponsible as well, equating consuming of eggs to smoking? Very shameful.

I thought this myth was completely debunked a decade ago.

when i cook up some eggs i allways take the yolk out, it tastes nasty and the white bit is pure lovely

i am lucky i guess

If you want plain ol boring egg whites then buy JUST egg whites instead of wasting the yolk, which is the best tasting and most nutritious part of the egg.

Once again, cholesterol in the heart is not made of dietary cholesterol. It's made from dietary glucose in the liver. This is just the same old incorrect dogma being repeated. This article is highly irresponsible as well, equating consuming of eggs to smoking? Very shameful.

No doubt hey. I like how if there is a worldwide accepted theory now, there are always a small handful of doctors who refute it. And it makes the news lol.

Theres always somebody who has to oppose.

If you want plain ol boring egg whites then buy JUST egg whites instead of wasting the yolk, which is the best tasting and most nutritious part of the egg.

Nding on where you get your eggs and the price it might be cheaper to just get a regular carton of eggs and toss the yolks

Nding on where you get your eggs and the price it might be cheaper to just get a regular carton of eggs and toss the yolks

True, and people can do what they want, but I can't stand waste so it bugs me. To me it's kind of like killing a deer for the rack and wasting the meat. You like the sport of hunting, but don't like venison. Bigger scale but same principal.

i am lucky i guess

I really hope this guy got the dubs because of this post. Not eating the yolk is a crime here in the D&S.

lol, I wanted to point out that one of the doctor's that did the study said this:

"I advise my patients with vascular risk to keep their intake of animal flesh -- anything with eyes, a face or a mother, so it includes chicken and fish -- to four ounces every other day," he said.

What a JACKASS.

Here is a link: Eggs worse than KFC Double Down | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

EDIT:

Here are some more gems from this douche:

In order to show harm from egg yolks in healthy people, "you need to follow them a long time, and you need a lot of them," he said. "Diabetics have a high enough risk that you can show harm in a smaller number in shorter time.

"The half-truth is that eggs are OK for healthy people. The problem is there aren't all that many Canadians who aren't at risk of heart attacks and strokes; eventually, it's a matter of age."

Single egg yolk can double coronary risk: study

The guy is making HUGE assumptions based on absolutely nothing. He is assuming why diabetics that eat eggs seem to have more heart attacks and it isn't even a valid assumption.

Last edited:
^ It's obvious the guy wants to make headlines. If you were to ask him the biological mechanism for egg yolks causing CHD, he wouldn't be able to.

I like how the focus of the article was not "here's why dietary cholesterol from eggs is bad," but rather, "look how much cholesterol eggs have!"

Sad.

I like how the focus of the article was not "here's why dietary cholesterol from eggs is bad," but rather, "look how much cholesterol eggs have!"

Sad.

The sad thing is that the papers are eating this shit up because it stirs up controversy. One study that I quoted was even headlined with"

"Single egg yolk can double coronary risk: study"

without pointing out that it only seems to doubles the risk (according to one study) in people with diabetes. AND that study came out in the fucking 90's...it isn't even a new study. AND it is right in the fucking abstract of the study and it only doubles the cases of CHD in men and seems to increase the chances in women by 50%. I am sorry I am swearing but I just can't stand bad science.

I love my whole eggs, usually 4 large everyday.

I feel bad for the idiots that dont eat whole eggs because of the lack of real world knowledge.

Just shows how ignorant and stupid people can be and always will be.

I just thought I'd point out that I eat eggs like no-one's business, and my cardiovascular health is legendary.

Eat your yolks :)

Yeah, I have 2 whole hard boiled eggs every day at coffee break, and then usually one when I get home and then one more before bed.

I eat a shit ton of eggage.

I just thought I'd point out that I eat eggs like no-one's business, and my cardiovascular health is legendary.

Eat your yolks :)

This is a fantastic quote.

You can find very cheap whole entire 5-gallon vats of just egg whites at most baker supply stores. If that's your concern, do it big, do it Costco-style. Otherwise, there's zero reason to toss the yolks.

Back