Contender Series 2021: Week 1

Whose everyone having? At first I was thinking Leonardo Damiani & Azamat.

Too bad Lorenzo Hood pulled out. Last time he won against a guy with a winning record was 2014.

Hopefully AJ Fletcher isn't the type too keep himself in shape all year. Short notice and all. His record is a bit padded.

Anyway too late to do any tape.

I like Altamirano a lot vs Candelario. Looks solid, just won the LFA title against a tough out in Smith, even if Smith was a late replacement. Candelario's fought once in 4 years, and his record is super padded besides that DWCS opponent who was a kinda 1-dimensional bjj guy, and that was a close fight.

Wish Fletcher's line got a little more juiced because I kind of like Damiani here. Damiani's gonna be tough to put away and Fletcher seems like he can gas pretty quickly even if he's the more powerful guy

Haven't looked into Azamat that hard, but an undefeated Russian who's beaten 2 UFC vets vs a middling guy in Scheffel, I'm just gonna assume he wins here.

I like Altamirano a lot vs Candelario. Looks solid, just won the LFA title against a tough out in Smith, even if Smith was a late replacement. Candelario's fought once in 4 years, and his record is super padded besides that DWCS opponent who was a kinda 1-dimensional bjj guy, and that was a close fight.

Wish Fletcher's line got a little more juiced because I kind of like Damiani here. Damiani's gonna be tough to put away and Fletcher seems like he can gas pretty quickly even if he's the more powerful guy

Haven't looked into Azamat that hard, but an undefeated Russian who's beaten 2 UFC vets vs a middling guy in Scheffel, I'm just gonna assume he wins here.
That BJJ guy was Aldo's BJJ coach though, pretty legit all things considered. What's Altamirano's game like? Heard he can be too comfortable off his back which might be a death sentence points wise against Candelario here.

That BJJ guy was Aldo's BJJ coach though, pretty legit all things considered. What's Altamirano's game like? Heard he can be too comfortable off his back which might be a death sentence points wise against Candelario here.

Pretty solid striker, high volume kicker and throws a lot of leg kicks. He can get a little too comfortable on his back, but held his own for 5 rounds against a high caliber wrestler in Smith. He'll likely try to keep it standing, but he'll go for a takedown opportunistically.

Whose everyone having? At first I was thinking Leonardo Damiani & Azamat.

Too bad Lorenzo Hood pulled out. Last time he won against a guy with a winning record was 2014.

Hopefully AJ Fletcher isn't the type too keep himself in shape all year. Short notice and all. His record is a bit padded.

Anyway too late to do any tape.

Based on your betting patterns only taping you do is wiki capping so I think u got enough time if they dont have a WIKI page then sherdog capping

The only issue with Altamirano in this fight is his TDD sucks.

Azamat by Dec is +460 on my book and it goes as high as +530 on 5D.

Is it that likely he gets the finish!?

Same with the Diego and Joan Fight.

+550 - +600 for their DEC lines at FW.

Last edited:
Based on your betting patterns only taping you do is wiki capping so I think u got enough time if they dont have a WIKI page then sherdog capping

Nah bruv, I got work and uni. Not an old fart like you. Can't spend several hours watching tape for DWCS.

Nah, it's why I have such shrewd watchers like you and everyone else. To converstate with. Wins in the UFC and padded record are both very useful though.

If you watched Lorenzo Hood and thought he was legit than you outta watch less tape. Love you Guessie.

Azamat by Dec is +460 on my book and it goes as high as +530 on 5D.

Is it that likely he gets the finish!?

Same with the Diego and Joan Fight.

+550 - +600 for their DEC lines at FW.

Azamat+Scheffel are LHW's with very high finish rates, and 5 of Scheffel's 6 losses are by finish. I'd say it's pretty likely.

Lopes & Brito are both finishers too, but I think if I were to pick between the two for a decision line I'd go with that one.

Apparently Azamat was signed to the UFC a couple years ago but took a 2 year suspension on a doping violation. That was before his last 2 wins though, so maybe it doesn't mean much?

Also, here's a vid of him destroying Ion Cutelaba in whatever this is

fletcher, candelario, murzakanov and u1.5 for murzakonov for me tonight.

Playing Brito and Altamirano each individually parlayed with Murzakonov and Murzakonov ITD as well as Murzakonov ITD straight!

Nah bruv, I got work and uni. Not an old fart like you. Can't spend several hours watching tape for DWCS.

Nah, it's why I have such shrewd watchers like you and everyone else. To converstate with. Wins in the UFC and padded record are both very useful though.

If you watched Lorenzo Hood and thought he was legit than you outta watch less tape. Love you Guessie.

I wasnt saying anything bad about that Just saying and lol what I Wiki/Sherdog tape just like u I have never watched a 2nd of so called tape stop getting so butt hurt

Gianni best bet: Joanderson Brito, he said he's willing to bet him up to -150
he also likes o1.5 rounds @ +110

He also thinks there's value on Scheffel @ +360 and like his chances to win if the fight goes over 1.5 rounds

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back