Consoles ruin EA UFC game: sub 1080p hardly 30 FPS

Hmmm

Something fishy is afoot. It says the performance is actually better on the Xbox One. I know Zuffa and Microsoft had deals in the past (selling PPVs through Xbox Live and whatnot), wonder if there's any sort of deal between them to get some sort of parity or even advantage over the PS4 version, since every other game has experienced the opposite.

Sorry, but the consoles are not at fault for not running this game at 60 fps, rather the developers in this case. EA is shit. The fighters on screen with some shitty audience graphics are not taxing.

Given the history of UFC games and EA, I'm sure there's a laundry list of flaws with the game and the resolution is at the very bottom.

I love my pc. But I prefer my fighting games on a console. Seems like a lot of negatives people are mentioning. Is the game rly this shotty? Still can't wait to play!

Sorry, but the consoles are not at fault for not running this game at 60 fps, rather the developers in this case. EA is shit. The fighters on screen with some shitty audience graphics are not taxing.

This, if you can't make a fighting game run at a decent framerate, imagine if the same devs tried to make an open world game. LOL

hacks.

I love my pc. But I prefer my fighting games on a console. Seems like a lot of negatives people are mentioning. Is the game rly this shotty? Still can't wait to play!

I can look past most of the flaws, I've enjoyed the demo but an MMA game is always gonna get butchered on a MMA forum unless it's almost exactly like real life.

the console is plenty powerful, sounds like they just had shitty programming

its not like other more taxing games than 2 characters and a small environment are choppy and low-res lol

Has nothing to do with the console. Fight Night Round 4 ran at 60 FPS.

Yup. EA suck dick.

Hmmm

Something fishy is afoot. It says the performance is actually better on the Xbox One. I know Zuffa and Microsoft had deals in the past (selling PPVs through Xbox Live and whatnot), wonder if there's any sort of deal between them to get some sort of parity or even advantage over the PS4 version, since every other game has experienced the opposite.

I've seen ads for UFC PPVs on PSN as well, doubt this is the case.

And as others have said, framerate and resolution are not intrinsically tied to hardware power. Any device that has an HDMI output can display 1080p 60fps. The framerate is in inverse proportion to the amount of graphical detail and utilization of the processor(for things such as AI, physics). In this case, EA opted for more graphical fidelity over a higher framerate, and prioritized certain aspects over resolution when it came to graphics. Now, I don't see anything about the game's visuals that would require it to run at sub-1080p on the PS4 when you have games like Second Son running at that native resolution, and with a slightly better framerate as well. This is probably just a case of incompetent optimization, and I also suspect the team developed the game around the relatively inferior Xbone hardware and didn't bother to make use of the PS4's additional capabilities.

All that said, I don't think it's necessarily fair to crucify the developers for not doing the best job when it came to the technical side of things. The game was developed by a relatively small branch of EA, and they certainly didn't have anywhere near as much programming manpower, as, say, Dice. If they opted to direct their resources towards researching the sport and its fighters and trying to recreate it in game form from a design standpoint rather than make the game look and run as efficiently as possible, I can't say I'm unhappy with their decision. Hopefully future iterations will see a significant increase in performance as developers become more confortable with the next gen hardware.

Last edited:
It's a demo though. A developer said they went through finetuning this past month so I don't want to make a final conclusion until the retail version tells me that the X1 performs better than the PS4 version aswell.

Hopefully that Reddit dev doing a Q&A can elaborate on the resolution aspect.

XBone dragging everyone down with them.

Consoles ruin a game that's only released on consoles. Makes sense.

I can look past most of the flaws, I've enjoyed the demo but an MMA game is always gonna get butchered on a MMA forum unless it's almost exactly like real life.

This with some emphasis.

If there is really a problem is EA guys is the cause because even though the game has extremely high player realism Its not a complex scene. You manage your poly count, texture size and shaders you really should not have any problems. I get the feeling the programmers dropped the ball. But seeing that this is a demo its possible that it still has code issues.

Back