Considering all aspects, what is the most brutal & impressive Uppercut ever thrown in a UFC fight?

I can't believe I'm the first one to post this:
RespectfulGreatCurlew-size_restricted.gif
I mean, OP literally mentioned it.

I'll explained what I mean by all aspects:

Nganou's uppercut KO of Overeem was like out of a movie, and Reem was in another dimension for what seemed like hours. But, Overeem didn't have a chin by then.

JDS uppercut KO of Werdum was so brutal. Werdum was in the process of leaning forward, his chin went right into the punch. It was also exciting because JDS was an unknown and a huge underdog (+500).

Rumble uppercut KO of Glover. First punch he landed that was it. I remember thinking before the fight "Glover is durable, this will end differently". Glover started immediately moving forward with both hands up with a lot of head movement and still.. Was Shocking! Not human. I think this is number 1

Gustafson uppercut KO of Glover was also Beautiful because it was a repeated strike like 3-4 times consecutively

Hunt uppercut KO of Nelson. It was such a beautiful set-up. He flicked the jab many times knowing Nelson ducks down setting the uppercut. He missed the first one. The second try face planted granite chin Nelson

What about Jeremy Stephens uppercut KO of RDA? That was a crazy coming from a mile away almost like slow motion. RDA had to put metal plates in his face because of the damage.

What do you think?
Ngannou's probably still wins, because it was so horribly telegraphed, but still landed, flush, with all that frightening power.

And, "by then"? Reem never had a chin. Ever.

I'll explained what I mean by all aspects:

Nganou's uppercut KO of Overeem was like out of a movie, and Reem was in another dimension for what seemed like hours. But, Overeem didn't have a chin by then.

JDS uppercut KO of Werdum was so brutal. Werdum was in the process of leaning forward, his chin went right into the punch. It was also exciting because JDS was an unknown and a huge underdog (+500).

Rumble uppercut KO of Glover. First punch he landed that was it. I remember thinking before the fight "Glover is durable, this will end differently". Glover started immediately moving forward with both hands up with a lot of head movement and still.. Was Shocking! Not human. I think this is number 1

Gustafson uppercut KO of Glover was also Beautiful because it was a repeated strike like 3-4 times consecutively

Hunt uppercut KO of Nelson. It was such a beautiful set-up. He flicked the jab many times knowing Nelson ducks down setting the uppercut. He missed the first one. The second try face planted granite chin Nelson

What about Jeremy Stephens uppercut KO of RDA? That was a crazy coming from a mile away almost like slow motion. RDA had to put metal plates in his face because of the damage.

What do you think?
Good list. Ngannou's on Reem and Stephens' on RDA stand out for me

Probably Hunt - Nelson considering who it knocked out

Come to think of it, Hunt from 5 years ago would've been a tough stylistic match up for Ngannou. A guy who hits as hard as him, has a god-level chin, and a long kickboxing career dating back to the golden age of K1. He can't take Hunt down either as his TDD was getting pretty crazy near the end there. It'd be a much tougher version of the Lewis fight.
Very good call. That would be a hell of a match-up (and could have, a couple years ago, derailed the Ngannou train). Alas, that ship sailed, like you said, about 5 years ago.

Toes curled. Legit looked like he was in a coma.

I know the word shadow realm gets thrown around alot, but reem went to the afterlife for a few minutes legitimately lol

Reem is one of the most durable guys out there. Been on the end of some brutal KO’s and showing no signs of any lasting effects. I hope it stays that way

Back