Conor's steamrolls entire LW division outside Khabib

conor1.gif

When I hit people they don't fuckin' move.
- Conor McMario John
Fucking cardio destroyed him

If he's still serious about this sport he should destroy 4-5 contenders in a row in 2019.

Tony and Kevin Lee get dropped in every other fight they're in. To hope that you can survive Conor's lefts and come back to win is dumb.

DP is still the same glass jaw. He got kod by the most similar fighter to Conor not long ago- Michael Johnson. Went neck and neck with Alvarez. Clearly not up to Conor's level.

Gaethje is a stationary target for the straight left.

Nate accumulated too much damage and is ring rusty. CONOr finishes him this time.

Cowboy doesn't have basic footwork. He gets kod into next dimension.
Khabib is the worst match up for him, but Lee and Ferguson will fuck him up if it ever hits the ground. I'm pretty sure Lee gets him down before getting KTFO, and then Conor gets fucked from there. I give him a better shot against Tony because he's not as strong or as dominant a wrestler as Lee. Connie has a good chance against the rest.

I agree. Ferguson and Lee would be his toughest match-ups outside of Khabib, but I can definitely see him winning both of those as well. Gaethje, Diaz, Poirier, Cerrone, Barboza, Pettis, Iaquinta, etc. all get beat easily.
If he remembers that he's an All American wrestler, he beats McTAPPER, with relative ease.
This
gettyimages-513971508-1024x683.jpg

If he doesn't get sloppy, he can beat Connor

When did he stun Mayweather? You're making shit up.

Give me a round. He did NOT even hurt Floyd.

SophisticatedFrenchGannet-size_restricted.gif

Don't be facetious, we all know Conor had the uppercut in round one that's one of the better shots anybody's landed on Mayweather in his 50 fight career.

People on Sherdog have this weird mentality that the end result erases everything else a fighter did in a fight.

So, you’re saying he can beat everyone but the one that matters most?

It’s like bragging you almost won the lottery

I think Conor will have to cut down to FW to steamroll anyone. I think he will have a losing record at LW if he continues to fight there.

LOL. No.

That's quite a bold statement considering that Conor, so far, has 4 fights against lightweights in the UFC (and lost to Joe Duffy at LW outside of the UFC, although that was a long time ago). He lost two by submission and got outboxed in both these fights. Won a rematch by razor thin decision against a guy who appeared to literally quit after the 3rd, and won one fight by TKO and claimed the belt.

Guys with great wrestling, an ability to mix up striking and grappling, and a full training camp are likely to beat him in my opinion. They just have to not get drawn into boxing matches or be mentally affected by all this childish BS that McGreg does and says before the fight.

Tony Ferguson, Kevin Lee, Nate Diaz and Al Iaquinta, in my view, could probably win against him.

Unless you're running in chin first that left is the stuff of hyperbole and fanboy daydreams.
And calling cowoboy for bad foot work and implying conor has good foot work is laughable.
Eddie gets dropped and hurt in every fight - he was tailor made for conor.

Gordo pretty much slayed the thread. Nothing to add more.
Maybe that Conor is just not big enough for LW for his style to work how it used to. Not strong enough and does not have the insane reach advantage he had over most FW. He muscled a lot of dudes down in FW, he did have serviceable TDD, but not small part of it was that he was giant for the weightclass.
Close the thread. :cool:

SophisticatedFrenchGannet-size_restricted.gif

Don't be facetious, we all know Conor had the uppercut in round one that's one of the better shots anybody's landed on Mayweather in his 50 fight career.

People on Sherdog have this weird mentality that the end result erases everything else a fighter did in a fight.

He took that shot easily. Conor is feather fisted compared to boxers

His fanboys make him sound hes unbeatable and his haters make him sound like he's CM Punk.

vs Khabib - it’s still 40/60 for me

vs Nate - 50/50

vs Lee - 60/40

vs Tony - 70/30

vs Cowboy - 80/20

I agree that he “steamrolls” Poirier and Justin but I wouldn’t swear by the outcome vs the other guys, too many variables.

I stopped reading at Lee.

Lee would do to Conor what he did to Barboza except Conor wouldn't tough it out he'd give up his neck.

Tony beats him, Lee beats him, Iaquinta beats him, Cerrone beats him, Barboza would be a good fight,

People are WAY underestimating Conor now. He beats everbody in LW not named Khabib Nurmagomedov. Conor has the unfortunate luck to be in same era with the Greatest Lightweight ever to compete in MMA.
#KhabibBLESS

If he's still serious about this sport he should destroy 4-5 contenders in a row in 2019.

Tony and Kevin Lee get dropped in every other fight they're in. To hope that you can survive Conor's lefts and come back to win is dumb.

DP is still the same glass jaw. He got kod by the most similar fighter to Conor not long ago- Michael Johnson. Went neck and neck with Alvarez. Clearly not up to Conor's level.

Gaethje is a stationary target for the straight left.

Nate accumulated too much damage and is ring rusty. CONOr finishes him this time.

Cowboy doesn't have basic footwork. He gets kod into next dimension.

Raging Al would have his way with him.

TS is more delusional than PROlogic.

Back