Conor's next fight: Only opponent that makes sense is...

...Dustin Poirier.

Imho the time has come for the rematch.

Jorge is fighting Usman next, so that ship has sailed for the moment.

Khabib seems dead serious about not giving Conor the next TS off of his Cerrone victory (and thank goodness for that).

There is no way in hell Conor is going to fight the Justin Gaethjes or Dan Hookers of this world.

Dustin is a bigger name than those, a good stylistic matchup for Conor. Most importantly, he is a legit top LW, so nobody can deny he deserves the next TS if he beats Poirier a second time.

Thoughts?

Absolutely not.

It's not that Dustin isn't ranked or anything, but realistically Conor has like 2-3 MMA fights left in him, that's the reality of things.

He is a superstar like no other and to waste one of those 2-3 fights on an opponent he already slaughtered is just silly.

My guess is that Conor's last fights will be against either one of these guys: Nate, Masvidal, the WW champ, Khabib, Ferguson.

He's probably end up fighting 2 of them + a boxing match and then retire.

Just Conor fans trolling
He warrants a rematch with Khabib as much as Wilder does with Fury

If it was anyone but Conor, everyone would be claiming Khabib is ducking a real challenge to fight a guy he already destroyed for easy money

All Conor hating aside, I think he is a fantastic fighter. However, that fight was not close and I don't care for bullshit excuses. I doubt any fighter is really 100% going into any fight after 10-12 weeks of hard training

Beating a shot cowboy has really got everyone major excited

Khabib meanwhile has just destroyed Dustin and is fighting a guy with a 12 fight win streak in April

Conor should earn his shot by fighting either Dustin, Justin or Dan!

for the record I think he beats all 3

hurtful, IMO

<mma1>

might smash Pacquiao in between now and then brah lol

aye, are you in Scandinavia? Were you lining up to fight a Sherdogger in a gym IRL about six months ago?

I am in norway. No sherdogger wanna fight me bro

Dana has already stated that Conor is fighting the winner of Khabib / Tony, so, sorry pal that is the only fight that makes sense.

{<Mcgoat}
I dont believe this exactly, i believe he's fighting khabib. weather khabib wins or loses.

He chooses legends he can beat. Dustin fits that mold and you can argue that is more of a "legend" than Cerrone.
You can also argue the earth is flat. Doesn’t make it even a little bit true. Are you joking? Lol

Dustin has absolutely NOTHING for McGregor.
1st tike he crumbled from the punches in what 2 minutes?
And NO, Dustin isnt the only who's gotten better and skilled since then. I think McGregor has done pretty well for himself since then so dont use the whole "Halloway improved so much since the 1st fight" bullshit excuse.
HUGE IF TRUE

If Conor loses a fight before getting the winner of khabib/Tony, the UFC loses millions. They want that money. They want that fight.

...Dustin Poirier.

Imho the time has come for the rematch.

Jorge is fighting Usman next, so that ship has sailed for the moment.

Khabib seems dead serious about not giving Conor the next TS off of his Cerrone victory (and thank goodness for that).

There is no way in hell Conor is going to fight the Justin Gaethjes or Dan Hookers of this world.

Dustin is a bigger name than those, a good stylistic matchup for Conor. Most importantly, he is a legit top LW, so nobody can deny he deserves the next TS if he beats Poirier a second time.

Thoughts?
When has Conor made any sense?
Defending titles makes sense.
Ever seen him do that?

Let conor sit on ice and face the loser of khabib vs tony

Conor will wait for the winner of Khabib vs Tony. I think that’s a big mistake, though. Sitting for too long hurts Mcgregor, the man needs to stay active. His title shot will happen by late 2020 and that’s too much waiting.

Conor Ko Dustin ages ago:
"Dustin got nothing for Conor even now"

Khabib sub Conor :
"Conor 2.0 destroy khabib

Forget about welterweight..... he hasnt fought one yet.
Him and his team are currently seeking out an opponent at McGregor weight ( 2 lightweights that dont have to worry about weight cut ).

Diaz 3 is not even on table cause Nate ( like maz) has grown into a welterweight frame.

Absolutely not.

It's not that Dustin isn't ranked or anything, but realistically Conor has like 2-3 MMA fights left in him, that's the reality of things.

He is a superstar like no other and to waste one of those 2-3 fights on an opponent he already slaughtered is just silly.

My guess is that Conor's last fights will be against either one of these guys: Nate, Masvidal, the WW champ, Khabib, Ferguson.

He's probably end up fighting 2 of them + a boxing match and then retire.

Look, not that I necessarily disagree with you but you are making a LOT of assumptions here.

Also whatever happened to being very active and fighting 3 times in 2020?

You can also argue the earth is flat. Doesn’t make it even a little bit true. Are you joking? Lol

You are right, arguing that the earth is flat wouldn't make it true. If you can explain me why I am wrong, I am all ears. Give it a try, I might end up agreeing with you.

Look, not that I necessarily disagree with you but you are making a LOT of assumptions here.

Also whatever happened to being very active and fighting 3 times in 2020?

Absolutely, that's all I can do as a civilian :)

As for being very active... dunno man, not the first time someone has lied to himself.

It's probably very hard to stay active in MMA when they are offering you more than 100mil for a fight in a relatively safe boxing environment against a tiny 43 year old boxer.

If I had to chose between:
a) getting hit 20-30 times by an old boxer for 100+ mil
b) getting elbowed on the ground by a bigger younger Degestani that hates me for 50mil
I'd go with a).

Who knows what will happen next... maybe this is all just tactics to get Khabib on board for the rematch. Maybe he really has a hard on for the Khabib rematch. Dunno....

We'll see...

Conor ....... fighting a guy he literally deaded befor . ..... in a ALL RISK no reward fight. Conor fights Gaethe before Dustin at least theres some reward there.

Conor will wait an see if pull outs for the Beeb ferg fight. If it goes without hitch then Conor likely has trilogy fight with Nate.

Back