Conor's brilliant uppercut

i for one am outraged herb didnt stop the fight then and there when khabib stumbled backwards after that landed!

RedUnfinishedFalcon-max-1mb.gif

I have a feeling this has been edited in some way.

The lead upper cut is just to create an angle for the straight left. He had the angle why didn't he fire the left?

I'd feel ashamed posting something like this when the guy I'm boasting about got his ass handed to him.

man goes to show just 1 moment can change fights. perhaps if he was a little less tired or scared he could have followed that with a left & dropped him with a quick flurry eddie style

Yeah he leans the same way for straight left as right uppercut , classic double fake.

Ala, khabib double leg / overhand right lean

I think he's done.
He's got a massive bankroll and was drunk at the press conference. Fire is gone.
Still, will always be a great. 'Moved the needle' for MMA (whether or not in the right direction is arguable).

So you're saying Conor's brilliant uppercut can very slightly phase a "glass-jawed" lighweight?
<{fry}>
OK, I guess it's Conor vs Lesnar for the HW title next.

Meh, so he landed one punch and it was not his strong side. Conor has no right hand (sad).

His more impressive strike that landed was the one knee in the beginning against the single leg.

It seems he and SBG just expect their opponents to drop like flies from his left cross and have few other alternative weapons. They can’t keep living on the Aldo and Alverez performances.

Interesting he didn't follow up with a left. That's a basic southpaw combo that Conor usually does. Feint the straight, into a lead uppercut that puts him in the T angle, then a straight down the pipe. Conor even had perfect placement for it, watch the feet.

he could have followed it with a left cross. missed opportunity.
I don't know if Khabib has the skill for it, but it looked like he had his left ready to counter and that's why Conor didn't throw it

Conors uppercut is the most overrated punch in mma history. It's shit, has terrible technique and never hurts anyone. The only reason people think it's good is because conor talks about it all the time

looks like he went too but khabib threw the hands in front and he decided against

He was just hesitant. he wasnt the same conor. its because of all the shit he spoke before.
stick to the truth and you will be fine. Truth gave Conor confidence before in his other fights... he became all about the money. he turned false. False was his undoing. Khabib was the truth.

If this fight was for his first belt, the left cross would've been as fast as the one that caught Alvarez. The problem was, that Conor was thinking in the fight. You cannot think in the fight, or else you will be too slow and hesitant. just do.

Interesting he didn't follow up with a left. That's a basic southpaw combo that Conor usually does. Feint the straight, into a lead uppercut that puts him in the T angle, then a straight down the pipe. Conor even had perfect placement for it, watch the feet.
Gassed and the uppercut had nothing on it.

After 7-10 mins Conor is mostly down to throwing arm punches lol, even in the Floyd fight where there was zero grappling except Conor hugging Floyd's back.

Bizarre for a LW.

Punches don't matter when you're exhausted.

He uses it to set up the left-cross, first you split the guard and “pez-dispenser” the head, then its on a “tee” for a straight cross.

Conor never had his left lined up to follow that up with. Fail.

If you want to see a brilliant uppercut...?

Insert Ngannou dieded Reem gif

Back