Conor will look like an average striker against Khabib

Yeah that was a dumb statement by TS. Conor's kicks are what gassed Chad, though his detractors will tell you it was all because of the 2 week notice
yep.

Chad pre-fight: I'm always training and 100% ready
sherdog post: Chad was on a 6-month hunting trip (it was 3 days)

Chad pre-fight: no excuses
sherdog post: Conor had a full camp and chad didn't (overlooking that Conor was training for a stand up fighter not a wrestler).

Nate pre-fight: Just got back from Cabo
sherdog post: Nate was in cabo drinking tequila for 6 months pre-conor fight
reasonable posters: Nate is on 20k/20k and could only stay in mexico for 2 days because even Mexico has better living conditions compared to stockton.

It's like 'hater chinese whispers' in here sometimes.

Guys you dont know Dagestan's history. Those guys are different and tough as fuck they have strong mentalities. Khabib will take him down, punch him and than submit him 1st or 2nd round whenever he pleases.

Is he ..... yeah ?

I’ll bet you he knocks him out faster than he did Chad Mendes ?

Threat of td will stop conors kicks or limit them taking away a huge part of his striking - unless he wants to lose

Rewatch the mendes fight - conor throws 2 spinkicks and gets taken down in seconds

His next few kicks are allowed and then used as a setup for a take down where he spends the rest of the round on his back

The threat of takedown will be huge and playing on his mind the entire fight - if mendes can do it - khabib can too .
Hence my first sentence. Conor does not need kicks to hurt Khabib.

Khabib has to wrestle at any chance he gets.

The takedown threat is REAL. Khabib makes every good striker seem average, even though hes not a great striker himself. Barboza is arguably just as good as Conor on the feet, and Khabib pieced him up when they were on the feet and outstruck him handily.

Conor is going to look like a completely different fighter on the feet. He will not be able to use his kicks because that will get him taken down. He will have to solely rely on his hands and the takedown threat will throw him off as it does everyone else Khabib fights.

Barboza got knocked down from Cowboy's Jab.

Conor would KO both of them on the same night with the pop in his hands.

The takedown threat is REAL. Khabib makes every good striker seem average, even though hes not a great striker himself. Barboza is arguably just as good as Conor on the feet, and Khabib pieced him up when they were on the feet and outstruck him handily.

Conor is going to look like a completely different fighter on the feet. He will not be able to use his kicks because that will get him taken down. He will have to solely rely on his hands and the takedown threat will throw him off as it does everyone else Khabib fights.

Ummm no, barboza is not even remotely close to conor in striking....And barboza's main weapon is kicking, which can lead to takedowns...conor's main weapon is punching...completely different..they are completely different standup fighters...and conor is light years ahead of him...

How many of conor's fights have you seen? Seems like not very many....his kicking is only used to set up his main weapon...and lately, he has cut way back on his kicks...sticking only to very basic kicks...he won't need any kicking with khabib...

Conversely, khabib will look like an average grappler. Tentative to engage, overreacting when he gets hits, and anticipating the inevitable.

How many more Conor hate threads are you going to post before the fight, TS? You've already created like a dozen. You're pathetic.

A huge difference between Conor and Barboza is, Barboza shut down when someone pushes forward and wilts under pressure. He also isn't as accurate, slick or anywhere near the counter striker that McGregor is and their fight IQ is world's apart. Barboza has amazing striking technically along with speed, power, size and athleticism but he's not comparable to McGregor where it counts.

Regardless, Conor's cardio is bad and I've seen the man give up in fights before mentally. I've seen him make excuses to convince himself psychologically. I'm interested to see what happens if Conor spends one round on his back getting pounded out like an old rug... he'll be gassed after that, beaten and bloody...he won't be able to walk away every two punches with his hands on his hips to take a breather like vs Nate.

when has conor ever given up mentally? Considering he's only lost 1x in the ufc and that was at 170lbs...and you seem to forget that mendes took conor down, but he didn't gas out at all..in fact he got up and had all the energy in the world and preceeded to ko mendes...and khabib doesn't have the boxing nate has...

Guys you dont know Dagestan's history. Those guys are different and tough as fuck they have strong mentalities. Khabib will take him down, punch him and than submit him 1st or 2nd round whenever he pleases.
Lol..what a stupid narrative

Comparing Barboza to Conor shows you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

I see a lot of people claiming edson being as good a striker as mcg an I feel like I must be missing something...
What else does mcg have to his game that makes him so much more accomplished / what did edson ever achieve in his career to put him alongside mcgregor ?

Back