Conor vs Khabib rematch...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am curios to know why Khabib does not give Conor a rematch?

Fact is, of all the fighters, Conor did well and tons of money to be made on the re-match and so it would make sense because they have history. Specially now with the recent tweets between Conor and Khabibs teammate Abdullah.

I mean yes Conor lost but Conor is a bad dude. I mean he DID beat Dennis Siver who is like one of the best fighters in the UFC and legend in Germany. Denis came to Germany from Russia when he was 16 years old and he even brought his family with him. He had judo/sambo experience and took those lessons and learned Taekwondo/Karate based kickboxing hence those beautiful spin kick KOs.

Because Conor had next to nothing for Khabib at 229. Immediate rematches in title fights are suppose to happen if the fight was very close, the win is disputed, or the loser was a long time champion with many title fight wins. Conor doesn't fit any of these 3 categories and only had Dana White privilege going for him.

Because Khabib faces tougher competition in sparring.
Conor is not even a top 10 LW. Why would Khabib come out of retirement to fight him? Makes no sense.

You see, people. McG tweets a bit and he gets attention.

I am curios to know why Khabib does not give Conor a rematch?

Fact is, of all the fighters, Conor did well and tons of money to be made on the re-match and so it would make sense because they have history. Specially now with the recent tweets between Conor and Khabibs teammate Abdullah.

I mean yes Conor lost but Conor is a bad dude. I mean he DID beat Dennis Siver who is like one of the best fighters in the UFC and legend in Germany. Denis came to Germany from Russia when he was 16 years old and he even brought his family with him. He had judo/sambo experience and took those lessons and learned Taekwondo/Karate based kickboxing hence those beautiful spin kick KOs.

Because the fight proved that Conor wasn't on his level. A rematch isn't warranted.

Because Khabib faces tougher competition in sparring.
Conor is not even a top 10 LW. Why would Khabib come out of retirement to fight him? Makes no sense.

Motivated, sober, energy efficient, non-broken leg Conor would be a different story.

Apparently he's not concerned with money & he hates making weight. Otherwise even with the belt off the table Khabib vs McGregor in Moscow would be the biggest event in mma history. One that he's sure that he'll win, gives him "30" and for all that cash? Makes sense to me too.

Because Conor had next to nothing for Khabib at 229. Immediate rematches in title fights are suppose to happen if the fight was very close, the win is disputed, or the loser was a long time champion with many title fight wins. Conor doesn't fit any of these 3 categories and only had Dana White privilege going for him.

Honestly I don't even agree with the third one myself. Immediate rematches should be reserved for legitimate controversy, points of contestation regarding the bout, and unanswered questions. I don't think there should be some arbitrary number of title defenses at which point you become a "dominant champ" and get blessed (no pun intended) with the right to a free rematch, no matter how soundly you were just beaten. Go beat up a Top 5 contender or two and earn it, champ.

Conor suffers mentally till this day from not being able to have that rematch, he thought like everyone else Khabib was going to bend the knee to what Dana wanted but he didn't and stuck to his word of not giving him a rematch. The mental suffering of the coke filled, drunken Irishmen not being able to get that fight back has been a pleasure to watch and it shall continue to be as Conor hasn't gotten over it yet and sometimes small joys like that from a degenerate like Conor are worth more than a large sum of money. Khabib beat the Irishmen both physically and mentally and that's all she wrote.

Conor's ego was to large to lose his title to Khabib and earn another chance at Khabib while his father was still alive.

Khabib wouldve done it under one condition, defending against gsp before his father passed away.

Khabib hates Conor and doesn't want to honor him with a second chance even if it means lots of dollars. In fact I believe turning down the money is a powerful statement by Khabib to say "fuck you and your money". Conor usually has a power over his opponents, he can dictate who gets a rematch and who doesn't. Khabib is the only one who's ever turned him down and that's a powerful psychological W. Conor will yell coward all his life but Khabib is killing him with his integrity.

Too risky. Losing to Conor would be apocalyptic and Conor can KO anyone. Cut to 155 was death for him.

Not the best troll job but not bad either, got a few people.

The Siver bit was lols.

Back