Conor vs. Khabib - Casual Fan Analysis

And why should we care about analysis from a guy who knows jack shit about the sport?

A fighter allowing another fighter to land shots on them seems like a good strategy to you? Why not block them or use some head movement?

I am going to do you a solid and strongly suggest that you never use this tactic if you ever choose to fight unless you are facing a 12 year old little girl or an old lady, everyone else's shots, you should attempt to block or dodge if possible.

Seriously though, what possible advantage would there be in intentionally eating the shots on a technical level?
What's better? Eating a jab, keep it standing and being perhaps able to land something big yourself or getting bullied on the ground without any chance?

The milliseconds it takes to block or move out sometimes are enough to loose balance enough and get taken down.

But you clearly didn't see that in the fight.

So never do me a solid again, they suck.

Last edited:
What's better? Eating a jab, keep it standing and being perhaps able to land something big yourself or getting bullied on the ground without any chance?

The milliseconds it takes to block or move out sometimes are enough to loose balance enough and get taken down.

But you clearly didn't see that in the fight.

So never do me a solid again, they suck.

Lol, don't take my word for it. I am sure you will be just fine. Have a good one.

Just for fun if you ever have the opportunity to speak with a coach about this, you should.

Lol, don't take my word for it. I am sure you will be just fine. Have a good one.

Just for fun if you ever have the opportunity to speak with a coach about this, you should.
I never said it was a good strategy, nor did I say I would do or recommend doing it.

Doesn't change the fact he decided to do this in his fight and stuffed takedowns by doing it which seemed to be more of a thread to him than being permanently jabbed on his bloodied nose.

There are plenty fighters and coaches who decide to take certain punches or kicks to get in range for their own/ their fighters offensive. But I'm sure you already know that.

If not you can always ask your coach ...

I never said it was a good strategy, nor did I say I would do or recommend doing it.

Doesn't change the fact he decided to do this in his fight and stuffed takedowns by doing it which seemed to be more of a thread to him than being permanently jabbed on his bloodied nose.

There are plenty fighters and coaches who decide to take certain punches or kicks to get in range for their own/ their fighters offensive. But I'm sure you already know that.

If not you can always ask your coach ...

I shouldn't have come off as offensive when I made my initial statement to you. And yes, I do know a bit about the subject but that doesn't matter. I got the impression that you were applauding this as a good strategy. I actually don't care. Sorry for wasting your time.

Conor is not the champion so it's Khabib vs Conor.

I shouldn't have come off as offensive when I made my initial statement to you. And yes, I do know a bit about the subject but that doesn't matter. I got the impression that you were applauding this as a good strategy. I actually don't care. Sorry for wasting your time.
All good. I never saw it that way but more like his last try to still be somewhat in the fight without being smashed to bits on the ground. Good day to you.

I swear I will fall out of my chair if Khabib straight up catches Conor standing, I dont care how ugly it looks, and finishes him with strikes.

Thats about the outcome I couldnt be happier about. I already know Khabib can prison rape Conor at will. Id love to see everyones reaction, although chances slim to none, Conor fall to strikes to a grappler.

Back