Conor vs. Khabib - Casual Fan Analysis

c0rbin9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm bored, so here's my non-technical, high-level overview analysis of Conor vs. Khabib - the factors I'd consider if I were a betting man.

On paper, it looks like a textbook matchup between a striker and a grappler, each highly specialized in their respective disciplines. However, I think McGregor's wrestling and jiu jitsu is underrated, so much so that his grappling is probably better than Khabib's striking. In other words, Khabib will have more of a disadvantage standing up than McGregor will have on the ground. For that reason I'd assign maybe a 66% chance to McGregor, 33% to Khabib - he's just a little more well-rounded.

That said, Khabib is 15-20 lbs bigger than McGregor, and that's significant. So one could argue that the matchup is closer to 50/50.

Really it's impossible to predict and will be a great matchup. I've been a McGregor fan since his second UFC fight with Max Holloway, and hope he wins, though watching him demolish elite fighters like they are unranked amateurs has gotten a little monotonous. Khabib's momentum is at an all-time-high right now, and victory over him would be huge.

Ask Raging Al what he thinks about the Beeb's boxing...

<13>

Quit reading after this....Do you have evidence of this ?

tenor.gif

Conor gonna teep that tummy and make him wanna poopoo. Then he will feint the poopoo kick and go up top and put him to sleep.

Conor having better grappling than Khabib's striking with no evidence provided makes it a 66/33 fight for him and that's basically the whole analysis? That's not how MMA works, this is why casuals shouldn't post analysis.

I feel like there a more ways for this fight to wrong for McGregor than Khabib. The time off for McGregor will be a factor too. Khabib's style is awkward, and his most underrated ability is that he is very hard to hit. Not sure which way I'm leaning on this one yet, but it should be a treat.

Conor having better grappling than Khabib's striking with no evidence provided makes it a 66/33 fight for him and that's basically the whole analysis? That's not how MMA works, this is why casuals shouldn't post analysis.

Except it’s undeniable fact, albeit it isn’t saying much.

Casual fan here, who the fuck are these guys? where is Brock?

Ask Raging Al what he thinks about the Beeb's boxing...

<13>
I believe Al decided to eat Khabibs jab so he would be able to stuff the takedowns better in the later rounds.
Can't wait to see how Conor and Khabib will deal with each others offense.

I'm bored, so here's my non-technical, high-level overview analysis of Conor vs. Khabib - the factors I'd consider if I were a betting man.

On paper, it looks like a textbook matchup between a striker and a grappler, each highly specialized in their respective disciplines. However, I think McGregor's wrestling and jiu jitsu is underrated, so much so that his grappling is probably better than Khabib's striking. In other words, Khabib will have more of a disadvantage standing up than McGregor will have on the ground. For that reason I'd assign maybe a 66% chance to McGregor, 33% to Khabib - he's just a little more well-rounded.

That said, Khabib is 15-20 lbs bigger than McGregor, and that's significant. So one could argue that the matchup is closer to 50/50.

Really it's impossible to predict and will be a great matchup. I've been a McGregor fan since his second UFC fight with Max Holloway, and hope he wins, though watching him demolish elite fighters like they are unranked amateurs has gotten a little monotonous. Khabib's momentum is at an all-time-high right now, and victory over him would be huge.

You are right, judging by your analysis, you are a casual fan with non technical knowledge. And this is your claim meaning to give the impression of a neutral opinion and then out yourself as a Conor fan.

Yes, you should bet on Conor. If enough Conor cultists do then maybe there will bet worth making come fight night.

I clicked on the Snapchat story of people(casuals) talking about this fight and it was so fucking cringe

where is Brock?

I can tell you where he ain't; he ain't in the HW rankings. But he's getting a shittle tot.

On topic, def looking forward to Khabib-Conor, should be an awesome fight. I like both guys; no idea who I'm pulling for.

Who cares about a casual’s shit analysis?

[<cena1}<WellThere>

Except it’s undeniable fact, albeit it isn’t saying much.

Hey, there you are. Don't see you around much unless there is a conor thread. 2 year account with over 11,000 posts. I have to ask, are all 11,000 about Conor? It is a shame your boy was hiding under his bed for so long, we missed you.
It's not weird to be all about a dude rather than the sport. Good to see you back. Until October anyway.

I believe Al decided to eat Khabibs jab so he would be able to stuff the takedowns better in the later rounds.

It was more than that. Al said that he had real trouble finding Khabib because of 'his strange russian boxing style', adding: '...and I hit everybody'. Al's boxing is his strength, so I found that interesting.

But yeah, Conor is a sniper, so we'll see how that adds up.

It was more than that. Al said that he had real trouble finding Khabib because of 'his strange russian boxing style', adding: '...and I hit everybody'. Al's boxing is his strength, do I found that interesting.

But yeah, Conor is a sniper, so we'll see how that adds up.
Yap, I agree. He gave him much praise for his "strange" stand up and got jabbed up. Let's see how Khabib does against a very good counterstriker with better distance management.

A fighter allowing another fighter to land shots on them seems like a good strategy to you? Why not block them or use some head movement?

I am going to do you a solid and strongly suggest that you never use this tactic if you ever choose to fight unless you are facing a 12 year old little girl or an old lady, everyone else's shots, you should attempt to block or dodge if possible.

Seriously though, what possible advantage would there be in intentionally eating the shots on a technical level?

Khabib is 20 lbs bigger tham McGregor?

Do you have a source for this?

Conor resistance is so funny with their antics. It's like every OT guy is so bored with their own game that they take every opportunity they can to come into the heavies & talk their BS with their over the top exaggerations & incoherent logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back