Conor vs Gaethje is the fight to make

Turkleton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
this is the fight that needs to happen right now.

both men are super exciting fighters that never had a boring fight in their careers and it would be an absolute war.

Gaethje is on a 3 fight winning streak with 3 consecutive 1st round KOs and he hasn't fought since september 2019 and doesn't have a fight scheduled right now.

Conor got out of his last fight with literally zero damage and a fight with Gaethje would be an absolute war.

make it happen Dana!

I agree it's the perfect fight to make right now, but mostly because Gaethje is an easy match stylistically. Conor would demolish him inside a round, which would bring even more hype for a match against someone like Masvidal, or the winner of Khabib vs Tony.

Conor would make this fight look easy like he did with Cerrone. Inside 2 rounds because he is much better tehnical.
But it's good fight and I agree that Conor needs more time in Octagon before Khabib. With Gaethje he would get it and after that fight noone could tell that he doesn't deserve rematch with Khabib. This is good path for Conor.

Makes a lot of sense.

So don't hold your breath.

Conor would besmirch Gaethje and I hate Conor

no chance they are risking conor losing a fight right now. its khabib time again...

I personally dont want any of Ali's clients getting the next fight with Conor... Id rather not enrich that little rat

Gaethje can get it later in the year or next year

Masdival would pay 5 times more.

If Conor doesn't take that fight I will lose any good will he earned by his performance yesterday, which was impressive but it was only Cerrone.

Khabib is not going to fight him and Conor seems to realize he's not ready for that himself. Masdival is the next biggest thing unless he don't have the balls anymore. Khabib did a number on him.

A guy who uses his face for a punching bag won’t last long against Conor......this fight will never happen.

Conor would make this fight look easy like he did with Cerrone. Inside 2 rounds because he is much better tehnical.
But it's good fight and I agree that Conor needs more time in Octagon before Khabib. With Gaethje he would get it and after that fight noone could tell that he doesn't deserve rematch with Khabib. This is good path for Conor.

I would like to see this fight but I would lean towards Gaethje. He has good standup defense if he wants too. He also has a lot of power in his hands. He also uses low kicks better than anyone to setup his hands. He also has some high level wrestling if he wants to go there.

I do not think Conor will risk fighting Gaithje before he gets a crack at the winner of Khabib vs Tony.

Too much risk for a small reward. I highly doubt they would make this Conor next fight.

In terms of sport I agree. Won’t get it though but ideal for me and UFC is if they take a gamble on this sequence of events.

Conor v Gaethje in March. Conor wins
Khabib beats tony.
Masvidal beats Usman around July
Conor beats Khabib around September
Conor vs Masvidal NYE card BMF LW v WW champ.
lots has to work but if that gamble pays off that end of year card destroys PPV even with ESPN+

no chance they are risking conor losing a fight right now. its khabib time again...
Khabib vs Tony fight is in april so that fight isn't gonna happen any time soon.

Conor literally took zero damage in his last fight he can and will take another fight before that

Hard to get excited for since many people have referred to Gaethje as "Homer Simpson" because of his tendency to eat shots. Also getting finished by 2 guys Conor finished with ease. I just feel like Conor would make it look even easier than the Eddie fight. Masvidal fight is much more interesting to me.

I would like to see this fight but I would lean towards Gaethje. He has good standup defense if he wants too. He also has a lot of power in his hands. He also uses low kicks better than anyone to setup his hands. He also has some high level wrestling if he wants to go there.

I do not think Conor will risk fighting Gaithje before he gets a crack at the winner of Khabib vs Tony.
You don't understand what you're watching man. Gaethje would be far easier than Cowboy. Not that Conor would certainly win more impressively, but Cowboy at least had the chance to just drag the fight out into the later rounds, use grappling, etc. Gaethje will do what he always does, try to box, and get tagged. The difference with this fight is that Conor will come at him like a demon, sprinting, and hurt him quick.

I agree that if Conor wants to stay busy Gaethje is probably the best choice while awaiting the outcome of the title fight.

Apart from being more durable than Donald he's is a absolute showcase fight for Conor, it'll look a lot like the Eddie fight, it'll only last as long as Justin is willing to be embarrassed for.

Back