Conor vs. Cowboy - My Two Cents

Conor has a longer reach than Cowboy. If he can tag Nate Diaz and drop him 3x, he can definitely finish Cowboy.

Conor is like 20cm shorter, you need to factor that into the reach differential.

I wonder if the taller fighter Cowboy can keep him down after a takedown.

When Conor knows he's about to get TKO'd, he panic wrestles and/or gives up his neck, so it's submission loss and his retard fans can continue living with the delusion of him being the greatest striker ever.

You think Cowboy is going to win tonight?

You think Cowboy is going to win tonight?

I wouldn't rule it out, Conor will have a significant size disadvantagr, yet he's carrying more muscle that will tire him out even quicker than usual.

+ His finishing rate above 145 is low, his deadly left hand is nothing but a myth 170.

None of this matters though when Cowboy takes a dive.

Reach has to be understood in relation to height. Having longer arms is one thing, but substantial height advantage can mean one has far more leverage to lean forth and back.

This is the worst take I’ve seen for this fight literally . There’s no way in hell to compare Diaz pressure and Cerrone . Diaz May have an immortal chin while Cerrone throws combinations. Diaz can box and roll with shots , Cerrone can’t. Lol are people even like being realistic. Cerrone best option is leg kicks body kicks . No head kicks . Cerrone is not barboza, kicks will not be flying he sets them up with punches , unfortunately he is going to get pressured . And throw a lazy strait to set up his kick and get blasted

I did not say Cerrone was a pressure fighter like Diaz. I said his slow starting has to do precisely with him being a distance oriented technical striker who fights from mid-long range and uses straights, jabs and kicks, and that this is why he needs to find a groove before he can land, as opposed to someone who simply pushes forth. When Cowboy loses it is because generally he gets pressured early preventing him from finding a groove.

I then said that Conor might have difficulty generating his usual pressure-counter-strike strategy given the size discrepancy, and that his capacity to bully is diminished against bigger fighters, as he himself admitted.

You sure have a lot of nerve to criticize someone's take with such putrid reading comprehension skills.

Cerrone is saying that he wants to stand and bang, but I don't think he's that stupid. If he really wants to win, then he'll have a good game plan to take advantage of his size advantage. He'll use his kicks and stay out of range to try and tire Conor out. Take it to the later rounds and then see what happens.

Hope you are right ts, but until the fight we can only speculate.

I wouldn't rule it out, Conor will have a significant size disadvantagr, yet he's carrying more muscle that will tire him out even quicker than usual.

+ His finishing rate above 145 is low, his deadly left hand is nothing but a myth 170.

None of this matters though when Cowboy takes a dive.

Yeah he’s got a chance, but I have a feeling Conor’s boxing has improved a bunch and he assaults Cowboy with pressure and severe body shots.

I did not say Cerrone was a pressure fighter like Diaz. I said his slow starting has to do precisely with him being a distance oriented technical striker who fights from mid-long range and uses straights, jabs and kicks, and that this is why he needs to find a groove before he can land, as opposed to someone who simply pushes forth. When Cowboy loses it is because generally he gets pressured early preventing him from finding a groove.

I then said that Conor might have difficulty generating his usual pressure-counter-strike strategy given the size discrepancy, and that his capacity to bully is diminished against bigger fighters, as he himself admitted.

You sure have a lot of nerve to criticize someone's take with such putrid reading comprehension skills.
Slow start is a myth . U sound like a mma dude who is just repeating shit u heard from Luke Thomas or joe Rogan , Cowboy is not a slow starter cus he is fucking sleepy !!! It’s becuse it takes him a minute to register his opponents rythem . Ur telling me a guy who gives different reads in and out is going to have a hard time with someone who waits to get reads ? That makes no fucking sense . Diaz is a fighter who isn’t making reads !!! He is just spamming 1s and 2s and willing to get hit !!

Slow start is a myth . U sound like a mma dude who is just repeating shit u heard from Luke Thomas or joe Rogan , Cowboy is not a slow starter cus he is fucking sleepy !!! It’s becuse it takes him a minute to register his opponents rythem . Ur telling me a guy who gives different reads in and out is going to have a hard time with someone who waits to get reads ? That makes no fucking sense . Diaz is a fighter who isn’t making reads !!! He is just spamming 1s and 2s and willing to get hit !!

I just said that the reason why people say he is a slow starter is a misuderstanding, and that the reason why people say that is because his style is one which requires distance gauging as opposed to blunt pressuring to find range. So I basically agree with what you said.

You sound like an illiterate moron that doesn't know how to understand how to read and likes to disagree to play tough guy online for no reason.

Cowboy has all the tools to destroy Conor

Just depends if he shows up mentally and follows a gameplan which mixes up everything up and use his subs

I see conor via ko 1st
Cowboy just not turning up
Cba watching the fight
Will catch highlight on youtube

Its a very bold prediction, and a thorough break down, yes you will get some flak from others for it, however i appreciate these kinds of conversations. Since this fight was announced, i had put all my "eggs in the basket" for McGregor. Personally i don't rush judgement here, but this is a picture perfect match for McGregor, for i feel he has two things which give him an advantage over Cerrone...age and speed. Cerrone is of course the much more "experienced" fighter, however he does not perform very well in such an important match historically. An unorthodox fighter like Cerrone gives him an edge over most, but McGregor is a counter-puncher and will have patience, i see the first round as a feel out process for the first 2 minutes.

Cerrone strengths however are his brilliant jiu-jitsu and his kickboxing. The latter skill set i believe must be utilized against McGregor to take away his power, it will come from the hips and legs. If this fight goes anywhere near the 4th and 5th rounds, i will be very surprised. The latter rounds will favor Cerrone, unless McGregor has improved on his cardio, which is yet to be seen. The most underappreciated skill for McGregor is his TDD which i believe will be the most important aspect of this match, which is why i am calling it for McGregor.

My prediction is Conor McGrgeor winning by devastating TKO with Cerrone being pummeled in the guard by McGregor against the fence in the second round.

Thank you for the breakdown.

Cerrone is known to be a 'slow starter'. This I think has to do with his style and biotype: he is a lanky, long ectomorph fighter who fights at long to medium range at best, and needs to find his distance to land his most effective strikes, straights and kicks. But finding one's distance can take time. He is not a pressure fighter, and fighters who succeed at beating are generally those that are able to close his range and pressure him before he gets comfortable. It works sometimes, like with RDA and Till, and doesn't in others, like with Hernandez and Al. I really wish he would use his grappling, but I feel he won't for fan-service, which is a shame.

Conor is a strange beast. He is traditionally known as a pressure counter fighter, which sounds like a contradiction. He leans back and waits for the counter straight and hooks from behind, leaning back with a low guard, similar to a karate stance at times. But he was also able to look for the counter punch while moving forward relentlessly because for the majority of his run he fought at FW where he held a significant size and reach advantage, and where he could bully his opponents. When he faced Nate, he had much more difficulty bullying the longer, bigger man, and he himself admitted it. He doesn't deal well when he's being pressured, tends to lose his relaxation and wastes energy. I don't think he can have consistent success against fighters his own size, or bigger.

I was a bit shocked at the height and size difference in the weigh ins. It's pretty significant. And I think he is not going to be an easy target for Conor to find. He evidently needs to head hunt early on, but I am starting to think he is going to be just out of Cerrone's reach trying to overextend, and Cerrone is going to quickly stop him in his tracks, possibly to a TKO or KO victory. The size is going to be a bigger factor than in the Diaz fights, unless Cerrone throws his methodic approach and goes brawl mode, in which case it's a coin toss.

I'm picking Cerrone by TKO round 1.

Though I don’t agree with a TKO necessarily, the reason I give Cowboy any chance is because Conor must punch upward which ruins his punch path, making this harder. Cerrone always has a chance, it based on his desire to fight smart.

Cowboys the biggest company man employed, hes not going in here to win....

I'm going to pick Cerrone by ko. One of those fights that either could end it fast though.

Conor beats him at 155 but don't know what he's thinking taking Cerrone on at 170.

Cerrone will win whether it's KO, Sub or Dec.

Lol dude wtf

ppfrmxmnks6hoeuulnmv.gif
he wasnt out and was even actively pressing forward to return fire at Floyd. sometimes when you really need to catch your breath its easier with your hands down. Gomi utilized this technique often.

ref robbed Conor and every fan of a real conclusive ending

I'm going to pick Cerrone by ko. One of those fights that either could end it fast though.

dude. so conor destroyed him lol. is cerrone not a legit 6'1.

Back