Conor vs Bisping?

How would a small but a powerful puncher do against big feather fisted fighter? I think Conor would KO him in the 3rd but curious to know how he would need to get past Bispings reach?
Well Conor has the reach advantage, but Bisping has been putting away a lot of people lately. I'd say Bisping via submission (Banana Split) late in the 3nd.

At Least high 80's
Giving Conor 10-15% chance. +450 to +550 if you consider the juice. We see odds like that all the time. Keita Nakamura was a much bigger underdog than that last night, and he nearly won. I'd take Conor at those odds.

MMath or not this did happen and it is in the realm of possibility just like how Serra beat a prime GSP.
So let's unpack what you have spun here. You think Conor beats Bisbing because sherk beat a young Diaz and Serra beat a young GSP? Neither of which were as small compared to GSP and Diaz as Conor would be to Bisbing. A 45er/55er does not bear a top ten middle. Especially when Conor does not have the wrestling needed to takedown the much much larger opponent.

So let's unpack what you have spun here. You think Conor beats Bisbing because sherk beat a young Diaz and Serra beat a young GSP? Neither of which were as small compared to GSP and Diaz as Conor would be to Bisbing. A 45er/55er does not bear a top ten middle. Especially when Conor does not have the wrestling needed to takedown the much much larger opponent.

He hasn't once said he thinks Conor beats Bisping. He wants to discuss the matchup though.

Bisping vs. Conor in size: Bisping is 4 inches taller with 1 inch of reach, and would likely be cutting 15-20 pounds, while Conor would probably be close to the 185 limit.

DIaz vs. Sherk in size: Diaz is 7 inches taller with 9 inches of reach. I don't know how much Sherk used to cut but it can't have been a lot. Sherk would be a stocky featherweight today.

GSP vs. Serra in size: GSP is 4 inches taller with 8 inches of reach. Again, don't know about weight.

Now, I personally think the Diaz/Sherk and GSP/Serra size differences are more severe than Bisping/Conor. But that doesn't even matter. The point is whether or not the difference is close enough to be worth discussing. And obviously that's the case. You (and most people) put too much stock into weight classes. Maybe in part to justify their existence.

Dude, BJ fought freakin Machida at heavyweight! BJ is smaller than Conor. Conor has versatile striking and Mike does not. Conor has insane punching power, Bisping does not!

Bisping has reach, decent cardio and good work rate vs Conors punching power, diverse striking and movement. This is a compelling match and its not out of the realm of impossibility.

Also, Cung is 5,10 while Conor is 5,9. Difference is, Cung is old when he fought Mike and Conor is young and in his prime if they were to fight and Conor has room to put on more size and makes himself even more explosive and dangerous!

I'd love to see that fight. Conor would need to stay at a distance because he'd be in big trouble pinned against the fence. But if he would be able to keep it standing, it would be very interesting to see what would happen.

Back