Conor Underrated On Sherdog?

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I never thought the day would come but I honestly believe Conor has become somewhat underrated here (apart from his delusional nuthugger fans)

Let's not forget he KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds, beat Holloway, Porier, Alverez, Mendez, 170 Diaz etc

Dudes still a top 5 lightweight. Yeah he got his ass beat by Floyd and Khabib but both those guys are undefeated in their respected sports.

I think a motivated Conor vs Tony would be a great fight (once they sort out their out of cage issues).

What did you expected? Fans are just bandwagon jumpers.

X fighter wins: Wow he is awesome! future GOAT! Best ever!
X fighter loses: He sucks! He was overrated anyway!

Yes he's very good and people have short memories.

His run was incredible. That Aldo KO is still my #1 holy fook mma moment.

Underrated my ass. When untolled numbers of clowns proclaim a fighter the true GOAT. And his name is McGregor...

tenor.gif

Nope, properly rated as a fringe top 5 LW now like he always was.

he's been simultaneously underrated and overrated for years

right now he Is incredibly underrated to almost ridiculous levels

1. Khabib
2. Tony
3. Conor
4. Gillespie
4. Poirier

Those are my top 5 in terms of skill level

Underrated my ass. When untolled numbers of clowns proclaim a fighter the true GOAT. And his name is McGregor...

tenor.gif
literally nobody outside of people trolling / reaction seeking proclaim him to be the goat. Someone like yourself who takes everything so seriously Is the reason why people keep saying it, lol

Overrating cheaters and underrating top fighters pretty much the lifeblood on this forum.

He's rated right where he is. He's in the most stacked division in MMA with fighters who hold the most skills. Him going forward he's going to have wind losses and his record will be spotty, granted he's fighting people he belongs fighting. I think he'll be competitive against most of the LWs but will lose to most of wrestling oriented fighters. I think Poitier and Cowboy.

beating a 190 pound Nate Diaz, contrary to popular belief was his toughest fight and best win.

Did you know that elephant newborns can weigh up to 200lbs? That makes them the biggest babies on earth besides MMA fans.

I think McGregor is properly rated currently, fanboys aside. He is top 5-ish LW with somewhat underrated ground game, abysmal cardio for the weight class, quite good hands but not great power at LW.

Also we've never seen him in a lot of different situations, just the cherry picked fights, playing at his strengths. So we woudn't know if McGregor won't gas in the first round against the high tempo of Tony. Also Gillespie's lays and prays him 30:27 any day of the week.

For me personally Connor is one of the very good fighters in the sport, but certainly not a great and not a GOAT of any kind. A lot of cherry picking, a lot of what ifs. I respect him for taking his horror style match in Khabib, though, I was sure he would duck him, but he didn't.

He's been underrated since his 1st loss to Nate.

People hate him so much it effects their views of his skills.

I hate Khabib but i don't think he's not highly skilled. Conor haters are irrational.

I think McGregor is properly rated currently, fanboys aside. He is top 5-ish LW with somewhat underrated ground game, abysmal cardio for the weight class, quite good hands but not great power at LW.

Also we've never seen him in a lot of different situations, just the cherry picked fights, playing at his strengths. So we woudn't know if McGregor won't gas in the first round against the high tempo of Tony. Also Gillespie's lays and prays him 30:27 any day of the week.

For me personally Connor is one of the very good fighters in the sport, but certainly not a great and not a GOAT of any kind. A lot of cherry picking, a lot of what ifs. I respect him for taking his horror style match in Khabib, though, I was sure he would duck him, but he didn't.
quite a reasonable assessment there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back