Conor Underrated On Sherdog?

Half of sherdog think he's the goat and the other half think he's a no good bum. There's not much room for nuance here unfortunately.

he's been simultaneously underrated and overrated for years

right now he Is incredibly underrated to almost ridiculous levels

I think most haters rate him bro, just think it's likely he's lost heart.

He was great at 145 and so far very good at 155 but probably lost something

I think that's fair Imo.

I never thought the day would come but I honestly believe Conor has become somewhat underrated here (apart from his delusional nuthugger fans)

Let's not forget he KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds, beat Holloway, Porier, Alverez, Mendez, 170 Diaz etc

Dudes still a top 5 lightweight. Yeah he got his ass beat by Floyd and Khabib but both those guys are undefeated in their respected sports.

I think a motivated Conor vs Tony would be a great fight (once they sort out their out of cage issues).

I would agree. The problem is, he doesn't fight often enough these days to prove it.

beating a 190 pound Nate Diaz, contrary to popular belief was his toughest fight and best win.

He got the decision (rightly, but close), but head to head, I give Diaz the edge.

Conor has the skills and iq to beat Diaz by decision, but I can't imagine him putting him away.

I do think it's his greatest win too.

Not because Diaz has underrated abilities or size. But because it was the one Time he really had to dig deep and win a war. He looked gone in the third, yet he came back strong in the 4th.

He dismantled Eddie and Aldo, but I reckon this is the win he will look back on as his best.

He couldn't lose Diaz again and to be fair he won under immense pressure.

I personally didn't like the running but it is what It is.

"Beating"

uuw4iKBZuerqU.gif
13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif
RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif
efd4PI9JM812w.gif
opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif
GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

<Oku02>
It’s so funny Conor got beat up by a Diaz that alone makes Conor gatekeeper level

He's literally 160 walking weight. I don't think he can do anything more at LW

Conor was never any good and never drew a dime.

Khabib said he was #1 easiest fight in ufc. Even barboza and al iaquinta real brooklyn gangster resisted harder.

1-1 at LW in the UFC.
1-1 with Nate Diaz.

Conor is rated in exactly the right place here.

Beating Aldo and Eddie were good wins though.

he's a good featherweight

he's a mid of the pack lightweight

Dudes still a top 5 lightweight.

I don't doubt it. The problem is, he is not active. Yes, he should actually FIGHT other contenders to prove he belongs to the very top.

I think a motivated Conor vs Tony would be a great fight (once they sort out their out of cage issues).

I agree. The problem is: it should have been the next title fight after Conor defeated Alvarez. Instead, Conor chose not to defend his title, then go on to do a boxing match then attacking a bus etc. :confused:

He's a good fighter.

Yes, I would even say he's a very good fighter.
Just not the GOAT his fanboys try to depict him.

We saw him face adversity, and he proved to be vulnerable. And then he is not fighting frequently enough other LW contenders. He fought one LW before his title shot (1-1 against him), he beat Alvarez, and then he lost against another LW (no shame in that, Khabib is a beast). And that's it. This is his LW carreer.
Fight some of that Ferguson, Gaehtje, Lee, Barboza, Iaqinta, Poirier bunch, or even a Cerrone or Vick or Felder or Gillespie... than we would have a better understanding of Conor's true value.

I think McGregor is properly rated currently, fanboys aside. He is top 5-ish LW with somewhat underrated ground game, abysmal cardio for the weight class, quite good hands but not great power at LW.

Also we've never seen him in a lot of different situations, just the cherry picked fights, playing at his strengths. So we woudn't know if McGregor won't gas in the first round against the high tempo of Tony. Also Gillespie's lays and prays him 30:27 any day of the week.

For me personally Connor is one of the very good fighters in the sport, but certainly not a great and not a GOAT of any kind. A lot of cherry picking, a lot of what ifs. I respect him for taking his horror style match in Khabib, though, I was sure he would duck him, but he didn't.

Thanks, that's a fair assesment.

Underrated? He is 2-2 above FW in the big leagues and hasn't won a fight in close to 2 and a half years ffs.

He got the decision (rightly, but close), but head to head, I give Diaz the edge.

Conor has the skills and iq to beat Diaz by decision, but I can't imagine him putting him away.

I do think it's his greatest win too.

Not because Diaz has underrated abilities or size. But because it was the one Time he really had to dig deep and win a war. He looked gone in the third, yet he came back strong in the 4th.

He dismantled Eddie and Aldo, but I reckon this is the win he will look back on as his best.

He couldn't lose Diaz again and to be fair he won under immense pressure.

I personally didn't like the running but it is what It is.
i dunno about the edge, at best It was a draw. Clear first round, he was knocked down 3 times In the 2nd and dominated 3 and a half minutes of the round so there's no real way you give him that round In spite of rallying at the end.

At best you could argue that one of Nate's rounds was a 10-8, while also winning the 5th..making It a draw. If it were a fight to the death, Conor probably dies.So there's that, lol

But yeah, to me that was his greatest win for sure. Others he beat might have had better resume's but that version of Nate was probably the toughest fighter he'd fought up until that point. Prior to that, his ego was out of control and thought he could just go In there and knock anyone out, even a Diaz brother. Which is the reason he lost the first, put on a lot of stupid weight attempting to add to his power and blew everything trying to finish him. At which point he was a sitting duck. Having to make that adjustment to go 5 rounds against a guy with an Iron chin, who's capable of walking through all your shots and continuing to come forward like a zombie.

In retrospect, allowing the Nate fight to happen at 170 pounds was a bad move. It was an indication of his confidence and also cockiness / arrogance and allowed Nate to be a far more formidable foe than he would have been at 155 pounds. At the same time, having a big fight for the first time In his career really brought something out of Nate I feel. As Is often the case, the biggest fights / matches In sports will cause an athlete to break through Into a different level of their potential. By all accounts, It was a perfect storm..but I don't think people take all this Into account typically so neither Conor or Nate will get the credit they probably deserve.

I believe It was a calculated, strategic move from the Diaz camp. they petitioned for the weight and made full use of It. It would be silly for him not to utilize every possible advantage In the biggest fight of his career so I think It's a bit odd that people can't possibly believe Nate actually went Into that fight big. No shit he did..and why wouldn't he.. lol. That's mostly the reason why I believe It was his biggest win, size matters. Winning a fight while likely being outweighed by 10-15 pounds If not more matters and It adds far more credibility to the fight and win than If it had happened at 155.

Anyways, all that said..who really gives a shit.

Last edited:
I think most haters rate him bro, just think it's likely he's lost heart.

He was great at 145 and so far very good at 155 but probably lost something

I think that's fair Imo.
Well, I'm just speaking on how he's been rated since he "made it". He's a polarizing figure who's always been simultaneously overrated and underrated depending on the person. Pretty much the norm when it comes to these sorts of figures across sports

But yeah, good chance he's lost a bit of that fire that got him to the dance. Pretty common thing In sports, when you've reached the top of the mountain It can be hard to continue with the same level of drive and passion that got you there. Some athletes like Floyd, Lebron or whoever are able to do so by moving the goal post and creating a new mountain to climb. Whether It's greatness, money or whatever.

Whether Conor's able to capture that same fire again remains to be seen. Won't really know until his next fight or two

Incorrect. He was 171 lbs in the cage against Khabib.
Well, he was noted down as 160 when police apprehended him few days ago. So he's 160 out of training, while Kebob is like 200 out of training. No wonder his cardio blows

Back