Conor the next Forrest Griffin?

Gonzaginator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's hope he doesn't end up like Forrest but the hype, the support the UFC throws behind him, the way he's being promoted and the way he comes out of nowhere you can't help but compare him to Forrest. I think he's more skilled and has a bigger mouth (Forrest was actually likeable). Now he gets to fight Aldo. Reminds me of the Griffin/Silva matchup. :D

You're right the similarities are astounding....

Griffith is in law enforcement.

The Great Conorholio is just in enforcement.

what if conor has no talent and is getting by by heart alone?

this thread has really got me thinking.

If Conor is a blown up slow LHW with virtually no striking besides a leg kick and BJJ that is oversold, then yes they are very similar.

terrible analogy. forrest had no chin, no KO power, no killer instinct. and he never really had all that much hype either. not to mention forrest wasn't great at anything in mma besides cardio.

Forrest was an every man who won fights he maybe shouldn't have, and lost fights he probably shouldn't have. He was also not very polarizing and openly honest... for example there was a rumor he would have to fight Jon Jones:

"I hope not! That guy is scary."

Conor, in the same position, would probably say

"He's a peasant and unworthy, I should fight for the title, I should fight the best, he is not the best, I tink different, I move different" etc etc

Conor is a salesman and a showman, Forrest helps you move your furniture into a new place; he's the every man.

people liked forest for who he was and because he was always kind of an underdog

people hate conor because he's the GOAT and they're mad they didn't realize it from day one

Racist thread. Just cause they're white and of Irish ethnicity. Real low, TS.....

Back