Conor still the only figter to...

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt BJ Penn fought in three weight classes too ?

Within a single year?

Of course, the stat is misleading anyway, since the "welterweight" fight was just a pair of lightweights who didn't cut weight that night.

Beating those three within a year is impressive. That being said, he cuts a ton of weight to get to 145 and Dana allowed him to do things that other fighters had not been allowed to previously. If BJ had his way he would have fought from LW to HW but unfortunately Dana is a goof.

He used an IV to make 145, 155 was his natural weight class that he ducked for years, then he fought 155 fat Nate at 170.

When you look at his record at 155 and 170...

First fighter 2 win belts in 2 different weight classes, and not attempt to defend either<36><DC-Champ>

Hard to defend the first belt when the guy in your gifs goes and stubs his toe 2 weeks before a major PPV and pulls out, forcing the UFC to strip Conor to avoid making Holloway/Pettis for the interim interim FW title.

First fighter 2 win belts in 2 different weight classes, and not attempt to defend either<36><DC-Champ>
Wasn't really his fault he was stripped though, they took the 145lb and 155lb off him, he fought the guy who would have been his first challenger anyways at 155lb and lost so it doesn't make a difference.

Not a calendar year, mind you...

But anyway:
Conor still the only figter to...

... be ranked at #3 (LW), while his last win was more than 3 years ago...

Hard to defend the first belt when the guy in your gifs goes and stubs his toe 2 weeks before a major PPV and pulls out, forcing the UFC to strip Conor to avoid making Holloway/Pettis for the interim interim FW title.
Forcing? Conor was rightfully stripped. He hadn't fought at 145 since beating Aldo, and it had almost been a year since he did so when he beat Alvarez. So, it would have been close to 14-15 months, at the earliest, before a potential move back down to FW would have been feasible.

After the Alvarez fight, then the Mayweather talk started. He chose the money fight, and I don't blame him. But, him not defended and being stripped of both belts was his choice. Not the UFC. He came back and fought who would have been the #1 contender at LW, and got destroyed anyway<{hughesimpress}>

Well he lost that one. The win at 170 was the 2nd Nate fight which was a full camp fight (Nate Diaz 170.5, Conor McGregor 168) but your point remains.
Fair point, you're right. Point remains that it's not like he moved up to WW and fought a WW. Nate was a LW at the time.

Yep, raping people is pretty beast like.

he fought 0 welter weight, if you think nate diaz is a welter weight ...
Conor might be fighting Cowboy. Do you think cowboy would take money to throw the fight? He's near retirement and there is more to gain for lose for both the UFC and him/

Love him or hate him
Conor was a beast
I hope he still returns in style

View attachment 680911
It's only fair to call this an achievement. He had a great year or two of a career - agreed. Flash in the pan but it was a BIG flash. More like an explosion in the pan.

Motherfucker was cooking with gunpowder for about a year or 2.

Then allegedly swapped it for a whiter powder that provides a more internal explosion.

Then allegedly risked going to jail due to an oversized head on white powder.

But he did have an amazing run back when he was challenging for titles. One of the most entertaining and exciting.

I'm sure Royce Gracie had wins against more weight classes than 3 in a year. Also, Nate wasn't really a WW. He has always been a pretty large LW.

I'm sure Royce Gracie had wins against more weight classes than 3 in a year. Also, Nate wasn't really a WW. He has always been a pretty large LW.
He has the same frame as Nick, was 180-182for his last two fights. Was bigger against conor, especially the second time

Nick has Fought at 160 too but these guys are welterweights who just drained themselves to make the weight.

They're 6 feet with a 76 inch reach, way better suited for welter

He has the same frame as Nick, was 180-182for his last two fights. Was bigger against conor, especially the second time

Nick has Fought at 160 too but these guys are welterweights who just drained themselves to make the weight.

They're 6 feet with a 76 inch reach, way better suited for welter

He's was a big LW and he wasn't fighting at WW when he took the late notice fight against Conor. Granted, he is bigger than Conor. He's just not very large for a WW. I remember there was a lot of question about whether or not the fight would be at LW or WW. I think they just went with WW because Nate didn't have time to cut.

He's was a big LW and he wasn't fighting at WW when he took the late notice fight against Conor. Granted, he is bigger than Conor. He's just not very large for a WW. I remember there was a lot of question about whether or not the fight would be at LW or WW. I think they just went with WW because Nate didn't have time to cut.
He walks around pretty big outside of camp, even during those times.

If you look at pictures of them together, he's the same size as Nick. His body filled out more over the last few years, he was basically a toothpick just to make 155. Even said that he basically has to just eat plants to make the weight. Like I said his frame is much better fit for welterweight. He was 182 in his last two fights but looked closer to 190 against mcgregor the 2nd time.

Prob not the biggest ww on the planet in terms of mass, neither was Nick. But he's a welterweight. Colby also weighs just over 180 in the cage I believe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back