• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conor says his performance against Eddie Alvarez was the best in UFC history

Cain vs Lesnar has to be up there. Or Cain vs Giant Silva was scary as fuck.
Cain got taken down and hit a bunch of times prior to Lesnar gassing hard and then getting his ass handed to him. It was a good performance, but it wasn't flawless or the best ever. The Bigfoot fight certainly fits the bill though. That was scary.

Forrest’s chin being gone made that performance unfortunately.
Im not sayin Anderson wouldnt have won anyway,but Forrest def could have shown more than he did in that fight. I was dissapointed by his performance when I was watchin it. I think he would have lost to anyone that night

It's definitely up there.

Silva Griffin surpasses it.

A very forgotten one is Joe Lauzon vs Gabe Ruediger.

I bet Conor - I just knew . 99% of all fighters were picking Alvarez and Conor was the -175 favorite. Alvarez and Bisping are 2 former UFC champs where sucess was based on timing and circumstances. It just wasn't what it appeared to be. Look at Eddie's fights leading up to RDA fight and then after Conor loss. Eddie was on other side of career ( unlike bisping- I consider Eddie a legend , on the whole).

Conor had an unbelievable run so I cant take everything away from him but he too- was in the right place against the right opponent on many occasions.

I cant get the 2nd Diaz fight out of my mind when I think of Conor. The first fight- shit happens - upsets take place - fighters overlook certain opponents ( the fact that he tapped in a half second kind of opened my eyes).
Nate is a career gatekeeper. If Conor was truly the goods , that second fight shouldve went Conors way( fairly easily)with proper preparation. That fight was a draw.
Conor has educated hands and good power and he has sat on that complacent staple.

Definitely up there considering who Eddie was at the time. Nobody trashed him like that before, even now.

Eddie is a much better fighter than Forest, and I am a way bigger Anderson fan.

It was a hell of a performance to be honest, arguably top 10 but the very best? Not quite there yet buddy

Best performance ever?

Still Silva > Griffin.

Almost nothing will surpass that in my eyes.

The fact that Griffin was zonked put on Xanax and moving like he was underwater takes a little away from it for me.

Forrest’s chin being gone made that performance unfortunately.

Key word in the thread title is performance. Anderson put on a clinic and did it in style. If that was acting, he would have won five academy awards for it. It was pristine.

Big Nog getting his arm snapped against Mir when he was almost out from punches, and Anderson triangle Chael after five rounds of getting the shit beaten out of him are far superior by orders of magnitude.

Special mention Nog surviving two tomb stone pile drivers from prime juicy Bob Sapp is up there too, but that was pride.

Yes the guys getting beat up fort several rounds and coming back to win are the best all round performances. I think you don't understand what TS means.

Big Nog getting his arm snapped against Mir when he was almost out from punches, and Anderson triangle Chael after five rounds of getting the shit beaten out of him are far superior by orders of magnitude.

Special mention Nog surviving two tomb stone pile drivers from prime juicy Bob Sapp is up there too, but that was pride.
Those are comeback wins, and the absolute furthest thing from best/flawless performance ever. They were great wins, don't get me wrong, but not what is being talked about. The winners of those fights looked like they didn't belong in the cage for a lot of it

Cain vs JDS (II) was probably the saddest I have felt for a fighter while watching a fight. JDS is such a nice guy and really showed his heart that fight (unfortunately?).

This is one of the most impressive/dominant performances that I don't think has been mentioned yet. Cain was on another level when he was healthy.

xdIucYgg.jpg

Champ vs. Champ in MSG while going up in weight to face the lightweight champ w/ Hall of Fame credentials.

The general talk surrounding the fight was that Alvarez's wrestling and boxing would give Conor major problems. Eddie would have a full camp and do the things that Chad Mendes was unable to do.

Conor made Alvarez look like he didn't belong in there at all.

Looking back, it may just be the best performance in UFC history.

Dillashaw vs. Barao I was my top pick for a while. Barao was pound for pound during the time.
Bones vs. Shogun is a close second.

Woodley-Till was pretty flawless. 0 significant strikes by Till I'm pretty sure.

To me, when Silva made Griffin look like a clueless drunktard is still the very top performance ever in UFC.
Also Jones defeating Shogun was truly impressive, as was BJ defeating Hughes.
THOSE were top performances ever, both for the shown quality and the level of the opponents.

Conor matches up very well against Eddie. It is Conor's best performance, but their are dozens of better performances in MMA. Big Nog vs CC comes to mind. Right out of a movie the way he stole it from CC; in contrast to Conor/Eddie, CC was a very tough matchup for Big Nog- much better striker and hard to take down.

Not all that impressed with Silva/Griffin to be honest- Griffin fought a really dumb fight swinging wildly, and was the perfect matchup for Silva.

It's up there. And Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

Back