Conor picked Nate out of respect for the Diaz bros

Picked Nate out of respect, disrespects him? And why is Conor picking his own fight, isn't that Dana's job???

Nope, Dana is done with all that bullshit. He's out there living the good life, getting fat with Serra. It's been obvious since they let Conor hold the podium alone.

Tbh I hope Nate doesn't buy a bunch of shit with his money. Fuck man invest it and pay your taxes.

What a load lol. He picked him becasue he knew he was smoking weed and eating Cheetos. Not only dd he pick him, he wanted him to come in at 155 off less than 2 weeks notice to get an even bigger advantage lol.

he wanted the fight at 155 because that is the weight class diaz fights at currently..? i assume since the diaz bros are known for having great cardio and being triathletes he thought nate would be in shape. and after nate couldnt make weight he said fuck it and gave him welterweight? how is that trying to get an advantage lol dude is a game fighter and just wants to fight stop hating

Or he could leg kick Connor until all that Portal movement training means nothing. I'm just saying anything is possible in a fight.

love cerrone but people said aldo would annihilate his legs leading up to that fight too and we all saw what went down there. nate's boxing is arguably better than mcgregors and if this fight goes to the ground it could be very interesting given diaz' bjj as well

And they say mma fighters don't hand pick opponents LOL

To be honest with you I would have picked Nate too.

Who in their right mind would want to fight Khabib? Aside from being undefeated in his career, the dude was manhandling RDA.

Ferguson has been active and is a great, big, physical wrestler. Definitely would not pick him.

Then you have Alvarez who has been able to point-wrestle decisions from world class guys with relative ease in Gilbert and Pettis. He's also pretty world famous for being able to take punishment and keep rolling.

All of those are bad options. Khabib is a cartoonishly bad option.

Nate is the only top 10 lightweight who literally doesn't know how to wrestle. He likes to box and his biggest asset is his cardio, which won't be a factor when he's not been in training since December.

If I'm Conor and Zuffa and I just lost the shot at the belt I was promised, I'm asking for the easiest, biggest payday available. Fighting Nate Diaz coming off the couch is exactly that.

I kind of agree. I think in Conor's mind, he wanted to share that big payday with a fighter he thought deserves it. As much as I think he should've taken Khabib, he has been extremely inactive.

It's a good fight as both are going to go to war in that first round. But I agree not really fair (in terms of competition) to Nate as he hasn't even been training.

Cerrone would have taken that fight too.

anyone would have taken he fight for the amount of money they would make

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back