Conor picked Nate out of respect for the Diaz bros

trblesome1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Actually came to gain a little bit of respect for Conor during this. He wanted Nate to get the big pay day and showed respect to both Nick and Nate at the press conference

Yeah he is gonna make up little dumb shit like teaching kids and baloon animals he has to sell the fight but I was shocked to hear Conor say things like "There are a lot of pussies in this game but Nate isn't one of them" and "Nate does deserve this fight"

Also found it funny the way he was laughing when Nate said stuff like "Probly buy a bunch of nice shit"

Always been a fan of the Diaz bros, not a huge fan of Conor the person but I respect his skills for sure. Pumped for this fight and I think I will come to respect Conor a bit more through all of this. Hopefully they beat the shit out of each other and are cool after its over

I would have picked a Nate Diaz who couldn't cut to 155 over a fit and ready Cowboy too.

Actually came to gain a little bit of respect for Conor during this. He wanted Nate to get the big pay day and showed respect to both Nick and Nate at the press conference

Yeah he is gonna make up little dumb shit like teaching kids and baloon animals he has to sell the fight but I was shocked to hear Conor say things like "There are a lot of pussies in this game but Nate isn't one of them" and "Nate does deserve this fight"

Also found it funny the way he was laughing when Nate said stuff like "Probly buy a bunch of nice shit"

Always been a fan of the Diaz bros, not a huge fan of Conor the person but I respect his skills for sure. Pumped for this fight and I think I will come to respect Conor a bit more through all of this. Hopefully they beat the shit out of each other and are cool after its over

Agree - I thought he was quite respectful to Nate. I think the two of them would get on after this.

Yeah I dug that you can tell how much respect Conor has for the Diaz bros. He's not completely shitting on them like he has some of his other opponents. And with good reason, too. He's basically reading out of the book that Nick Diaz wrote.

Yeah, gotta respect moving up and taking a late replacement.

That being said, Nate's gonna fucking whip him lmao

Yep when Conor was talking about the negotiation process with UFC brass over Nates pay, and said he told them, "Give him what he wants", I thought that was cool as shit. FINALLY Nate gets a good payday, after being absolutely shit on in terms of previous fight pay.

Conor does like the Diaz brothers for their warrior mentality, and has said so in previous interviews.

I would have picked a Nate Diaz who couldn't cut to 155 over a fit and ready Cowboy too.

i'm sure there are dozens of other lesser name fighters that are in shape right now, but i thought this was a business. why go for a lesser payday? just so the internet nerds could complain if cowboy lost and say "he was in shape, but he didn't train specifically for mcgregor. it doesn't mean anything"

Nate was throwing up middle fingers long before Conor even got to the UFC. If I had to guess, I bet Conor is and has been a fan of the Diaz brothers.

I love how all the sudden Nate is a horrible fighter. He's given some good fighters tough competition and recently beat a contender in Johnson. Also he's going to most likely be the heavier fighter and is tall and a great boxer with a great ground game. Dos Anjos was a bigger test for sure but Diaz wasn't an easy fight for Dos Anjos by any means.

What a load lol. He picked him becasue he knew he was smoking weed and eating Cheetos. Not only dd he pick him, he wanted him to come in at 155 off less than 2 weeks notice to get an even bigger advantage lol.

Cowboy quits in big fights and vs Conor I can already imagine him being doubled over from a shot to the liver with conors first punch.

You're making a pretty big assumption there man... Could've picked him for any number of reasons. You're choosing to say that the reason was altruistic when it could've been about the easier fight. I'm not saying it was either, but I feel like it's probably not cause Conor wanted to do the guy a favour.

Cowboy quits in big fights and vs Conor I can already imagine him being doubled over from a shot to the liver with conors first punch.
Or he could leg kick Connor until all that Portal movement training means nothing. I'm just saying anything is possible in a fight.

McGregor is literally giving Nate a gift of a million+ $. Ofcourse he likes the Diaz bro's.

It's a good fight as both are going to go to war in that first round. But I agree not really fair (in terms of competition) to Nate as he hasn't even been training.

Cerrone would have taken that fight too.

It's a good fight as both are going to go to war in that first round. But I agree not really fair (in terms of competition) to Nate as he hasn't even been training.

Cerrone would have taken that fight too.
Cowboy will fight a bum in the back of a Jewel parking lot just cause he's bored. I have no doubt he'd throw down with McGregor and collect the biggest check of his life at the same time.

Picked Nate out of respect, disrespects him? And why is Conor picking his own fight, isn't that Dana's job???

Back