Conor never fought against an opponent that avoided the standup match.

Not sure what your point is? Conor is fucked as long as Khabib spams takedowns?

Swing singles for the scrambles.

Let’s check in with the prophetic retard @PROlogic and get his take.

Conor literally won the second Diaz fight by doing more damage in the 4th round, badly hurting him with a body shot and making his face a bloody mess from his repeated blows.

BonyEquatorialDorking-size_restricted.gif
So instead of posting a gif of Conor ever showing stopping power past the second round one time in his career he posts a gif of Ronda<45>Fitting.

I'll ask again. Post a single gif of Conor's entire career, where he has shown stopping power past the second round.

Dude has no cardio. He's dangerous for 2 rounds at best. Probably less against someone at the pace Khabib pushes. The book is out on him. This is widely known.

AgileHighlevelFurseal-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
It will be good, no doubt. But another thing to remember is that Kabhib is much larger than Mendes. Could Conor beat him? Absolutely. But if I had to bet on the fight, I would bet on Kabhib.
Ya for sure. I’m not saying khabib can’t and won’t take him down. Just that the mendes fight will show us little on how this fight goes. Mendes also has legit hands and power. If khabib has mendes hands too, he would be even more unstoppable. This is about as pure of a striker he grappler fight that we’re gojna get at this level.

Conor KO/TKO when his opponent engage him toe to toe. Only examples where he didn't are ironically when his opponents are good strikers with a good chin (Diaz and a young Max).

The only example of Conor finishing an opponent that somewhat (not completely) didn't engage him toe to toe was a 2 week notice much smaller fighter (Mendes) but he got beaten after being out of gas.

In other words you don't have any example of Conors finishing opponents that avoid the striking department.

So please enlighten me and tell me how exactly is that KO/TKO going to happen if Khabib won't be stupid as Alvarez and others and will avoid the stand up match?

Actual answer:

So instead of posting a gif of Conor ever showing stopping power past the second round one time in his career he posts a gif of Ronda<45>Fitting.

I'll ask again. Post a single gif of Conor's entire career, where he has shown stopping power past the second round.

Dude has no cardio. He's dangerous for 2 rounds at best. Probably less against someone at the pace Khabib pushes. The book is out on him. This is widely known.

AgileHighlevelFurseal-size_restricted.gif
How many of his opponents went past the second round? Max and Diaz?

Max he had a torn ACL. Diaz is Diaz. If Conor is able to throw as much against Khabib as he did against Diaz then Khabib has a really terrible gameplan.

Pretty sure Mendes took him down at will until he gassed. Had he not been coming off a bender, it would have been 5 rounds of that. And Conor tried to take Diaz down, then got choked.

Conor is really good. Great stand up, good takedown defense. But he has also had the benefit of favorable matchups for the most part. However, he capitalized on those and should get plenty of credit for it. Except Diaz. He got merc’d by Diaz, then squeezed out a decision in which everyone knew all he had to do was survive 5 rounds and the judges would give it to him.

You are insanely biased and sound like a delusional hater at heart

Mendes gassed because Conor worked his body over

NwDRCSp.jpg

Conor%20spinning%20shit_zps5xejubg5.gif

Body%20blow_zpsc5iwmmsx.gif

And in regards to this thread, Conor KOd Mendes after getting back up from underneath him

Mendes was intent ON ONLY wrestling and controlling from top.

So much so Mendes wasn't even posturing. He was just staying chest to chest and throwing the occasional elbow to not get stood up

Conor STILL overcame
Conor%20gets%20up_zpskx88coha.gif

Let me remind you who actually won (and in devastating fashion)
Final%20blow_zpsumowqjqh.gif

And that was Conor with a severe knee injury still dominating on short notice

It's funny, the first time Anderson ever truly fought an elite wrestler in Sonnen, Anderson was out struck on the feet, dropped, and mutilated for 4 rounds. He pulls out the miracle win and he gets nothing but praise.

Yet Conor dominates a far superior more well rounded elite of the elite wrestler in Mendes on short notice while injuried, and yet some how people have the nerve to discredit Conor

We are in the fucking twilight zone. It's pure insanity, and it doesnt even stop there.

No matter how flawless and dominant Conor is, there are always excuses

Haters like you are so blinded, it's unreal

Every big bad sherdog boogieman is supposed to expose Conor before the fight.

Then all the sudden after the fact, "Conor has only had favorable matches"

"Favorable" match ups like Aldo, Mendes, Nate rematch, Alvarez ...all fighters who were going to "expose" Conor before the fights...

All fighters who were bad match ups for Conor before the fights ...

The way haters like you are always trying to rewrite Conor's history is disgusting.

It's not only disrepectful to Conor, you're actually disrespecting the many elite opponents that Conor has dominated too.

I bet once Conor flatlines Khabib or wins a 49-46 decision over Khabib, YOU will be the first talking about how Khabib was never that good anyway - and how Khabib was always just a "favorable match up"

Cough @The Schmoop

Anyway, any random sherdog thread with posts like yours PROVES again and again just how criminally under rated and under appreciated Conor is

Cough @TerraRayzing

You know, Conor is a career FW who outboxed the fuck out of a WW Nate 2 weight classes above where Conor had fought the majority of his career.

Conor erased the loss just 5 months later at the same heavy weight while becoming the only fighter in history to outbox Nate and drop WW Nate at WW.

Conor OUTCLASSED the much larger Nate. The best Diaz brother
UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

And again Conor doesn't get any credit

People like you were saying how Nate would beat Conor even worse.

How there was no way Conor could decision Nate

Yet you failed to ever man up and eat your crow. You refuse to ever give Conor any credit

Haters like you instead actually twisted those fights around to discredit Conor.

Instead of giving Conor the career FW the credit for avenging a loss to a WW Nate just 5 months later at the same weight with a complete and utter domination (3 knockdowns)

Again, all of this just proves how criminally under rated and under appreciated Conor is

But I guess it's true what they say

"The UNeducated eye can not comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

Conor is the best defensive based counter-punching wizard MMA history has ever seen. Amazing footwork. An amazing body puncher. Superb TDD. Never even lost a round at his natural weight class. First simultaneous 2 weight champ in UFC history. Only 1 loss in the UFC which he avenged 5 months later. Conor has been as dominant as anyone can be.

Here's a fun fact for you, it's Khabib who has beaten no where near the competition Conor has. Conor has all the legit championships experience. Khabib does not

I can't wait for Conor to prove haters like you wrong .. again.

It's time for Conor to remind the world once again.

I just hope you're man enough to give Conor his credit afterwards, and not start discrediting Khabib in order to take away from Conor's win

Thoughts gentleman?

@markg171
@MescalineDreams
@That209

What if Conor grapplef#$!ed Khabib?
Or what if they both shoot at same time and headbutt each other with their big heads and double KO?

You are insanely biased and sound like a delusional hater at heart

Mendes gassed because Conor worked his body over

NwDRCSp.jpg

Conor%20spinning%20shit_zps5xejubg5.gif

Body%20blow_zpsc5iwmmsx.gif

And in regards to this thread, Conor KOd Mendes after getting back up from underneath him

Mendes was intent ON ONLY wrestling and controlling from top.

So much so Mendes wasn't even posturing. He was just staying chest to chest and throwing the occasional elbow to not get stood up

Conor STILL overcame
Conor%20gets%20up_zpskx88coha.gif

Let me remind you who actually won (and in devastating fashion)
Final%20blow_zpsumowqjqh.gif

And that was Conor with a severe knee injury still dominating on short notice

It's funny, the first time Anderson ever truly fought an elite wrestler in Sonnen, Anderson was out struck on the feet, dropped, and mutilated for 4 rounds. He pulls out the miracle win and he gets nothing but praise.

Yet Conor dominates a far superior more well rounded elite of the elite wrestler in Mendes on short notice while injuried, and yet some how people have the nerve to discredit Conor

We are in the fucking twilight zone. It's pure insanity, and it doesnt even stop there.

No matter how flawless and dominant Conor is, there are always excuses

Haters like you are so blinded, it's unreal

Every big bad sherdog boogieman is supposed to expose Conor before the fight.

Then all the sudden after the fact, "Conor has only had favorable matches"

"Favorable" match ups like Aldo, Mendes, Nate rematch, Alvarez ...all fighters who were going to "expose" Conor before the fights...

All fighters who were bad match ups for Conor before the fights ...

The way haters like you are always trying to rewrite Conor's history is disgusting.

It's not only disrepectful to Conor, you're actually disrespecting the many elite opponents that Conor has dominated too.

I bet once Conor flatlines Khabib or wins a 49-46 decision over Khabib, YOU will be the first talking about how Khabib was never that good anyway - and how Khabib was always just a "favorable match up"

Cough @The Schmoop

Anyway, any random sherdog thread with posts like yours PROVES again and again just how criminally under rated and under appreciated Conor is

Cough @TerraRayzing

You know, Conor is a career FW who outboxed the fuck out of a WW Nate 2 weight classes above where Conor had fought the majority of his career.

Conor erased the loss just 5 months later at the same heavy weight while becoming the only fighter in history to outbox Nate and drop WW Nate at WW.

Conor OUTCLASSED the much larger Nate. The best Diaz brother
UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

And again Conor doesn't get any credit

People like you were saying how Nate would beat Conor even worse.

How there was no way Conor could decision Nate

Yet you failed to ever man up and eat your crow. You refuse to ever give Conor any credit

Haters like you instead actually twisted those fights around to discredit Conor.

Instead of giving Conor the career FW the credit for avenging a loss to a WW Nate just 5 months later at the same weight with a complete and utter domination (3 knockdowns)

Again, all of this just proves how criminally under rated and under appreciated Conor is

But I guess it's true what they say

"The UNeducated eye can not comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

Conor is the best defensive based counter-punching wizard MMA history has ever seen. Amazing footwork. An amazing body puncher. Superb TDD. Never even lost a round at his natural weight class. First simultaneous 2 weight champ in UFC history. Only 1 loss in the UFC which he avenged 5 months later. Conor has been as dominant as anyone can be.

Here's a fun fact for you, it's Khabib who has beaten no where near the competition Conor has. Conor has all the legit championships experience. Khabib does not

I can't wait for Conor to prove haters like you wrong .. again.

It's time for Conor to remind the world once again.

I just hope you're man enough to give Conor his credit afterwards, and not start discrediting Khabib in order to take away from Conor's win

Thoughts gentleman?

@markg171
@MescalineDreams
@That209
I’m biased? You just happened to have al those gifs ready and I’m biased? Maybe you should move out of Conor’s nuts and into your own apartment.

Khabib never fought against an opponent that avoided the grappling match.

<{afrobol}>

Chad Was supposed to be a bad matchup. Jose was supposed to destroy him. How was that a favorable matchup? How was Eddie a favorable matchup another man that was supposed to destroy him? I love the revisionist history.
Chad was a hortible match up, yet circumstances (late notice) worked in Coners favour. Jose is a great win, caught him cold and slept him. Eddie is tailor made for Coner he has a history of getting caught with big shots early in a fight and getting scrappy something you dont want to to against Coner as he wont let you off the hook.

IMO Eddie was the only favourable match up out of the 3

Great wins no matter how you look at them

Not sure what your point is? Conor is fucked as long as Khabib spams takedowns?

Swing singles for the scrambles.

Let’s check in with the prophetic retard @PROlogic and get his take.

You Khabib fans are quickly becoming the worst

Btw when someone deranged like @Mysterio agrees with you, that's when you know you are wrong

When he takes your side, that's when you know you should re-evaluate your position lol

You clearly don't understand fighting with your remarks.

I thoroughly broke down how Khabib's single legs aren't really that much of factor against Conor.

You can just look to Conor's fight against Alvarez to see how Conor kept positioning Alvarez away from his lead leg and toward his power hand with fients/jabs/front Kicks/footwork

Conor taking the outside positioning and or whem stepping to the outside angle, will take Conor's lead leg out of the path of Khabib.

Khabib would have to then reach across his body to grab Conor's leadleg.

It's in fact Conor's lead hand control that is going to be an even way bigger factor.

Southpaw vs orthodox means Conor's lead hand is in even better prime position to shutdown Khabib's lead hand and render the already rudimentary Khabib a 1 armed fighter

Opposite stance matchup means the lead hands are already at a natural interference to each other.

1. Conor is going to absolutely shut down Khabib with his leadhand control. Hopefully draw responses out to counter as well.

2. Khabib has a huge weakness in his footwork when facing southpaws (which further aids Conor's ability to utilize footwork to negate Khabib's single leg pulls)

Khabib has no understanding of angles and continually gives up the outside feet positioning without even knowing it.

Conor is going to have a field day with his angles vs Khabib and stepping around Khabib and hitting his blind spots etc

The writing is plastered all over that wall when you objectively watch footage of each. Skill for skill Conor is vastly superior.

You and your butt buddy @Mysterio are in for a very rude awakening

I agree with ts. Khabib will be afraid to stand with Conor.

You Khabib fans are quickly becoming the worst

Btw when someone deranged like @Mysterio agrees with you, that's when you know you are wrong

When he takes your side, that's when you know you should re-evaluate your position lol

You clearly don't understand fighting with your remarks.

I thoroughly broke down how Khabib's single legs aren't really that much of factor against Conor.

You can just look to Conor's fight against Alvarez to see how Conor kept positioning Alvarez away from his lead leg and toward his power hand with fients/jabs/front Kicks/footwork

Conor taking the outside positioning and or whem stepping to the outside angle, will take Conor's lead leg out of the path of Khabib.

Khabib would have to then reach across his body to grab Conor's leadleg.

It's in fact Conor's lead hand control that is going to be an even way bigger factor.

Southpaw vs orthodox means Conor's lead hand is in even better prime position to shutdown Khabib's lead hand and render the already rudimentary Khabib a 1 armed fighter

Opposite stance matchup means the lead hands are already at a natural interference to each other.

1. Conor is going to absolutely shut down Khabib with his leadhand control. Hopefully draw responses out to counter as well.

2. Khabib has a huge weakness in his footwork when facing southpaws (which further aids Conor's ability to utilize footwork to negate Khabib's single leg pulls)

Khabib has no understanding of angles and continually gives up the outside feet positioning without even knowing it.

Conor is going to have a field day with his angles vs Khabib and stepping around Khabib and hitting his blind spots etc

The writing is plastered all over that wall when you objectively watch footage of each. Skill for skill Conor is vastly superior.

You and your butt buddy @Mysterio are in for a very rude awakening

1.) Khabib is going to engage as minimal as possible. There will be no lead hand control and even less opportunities to counter. Khabib will stay at distance. Over extension is a death sentence against Conor. It’s not going to happen. Conor, on the other hand, has a tendency to launch his Golden left from miles away. That’s where he’s fucked. Even if Conor hurts him, a concussed/half conscious Khabib still dumps Conor on his head.

2.) where is this HUGE weakness in footwork against southpaws that no one seems to exploit? Where’s this evidence of Khabib getting outclassed? I’m curious because there is, in fact, evidence of Conor getting reckless with a midget wrestler, over extending, and getting dumped/controlled. Before you discredit yourself any further by squealing about Conor’s “shredded ACL,” rewatch the mendes fight, particularly Chads botched sub attempt. Anyone with a remotely damaged ACL isn’t planting and pushing from underneath much less whipping body kicks.

You’re full of shit and have no fucking clue what you’re talking about, as usual. Remove the McNutsack from your eyelids and provide some actual insight.

Conor was not prepping for a stand up fight, he himself said that he didn't train for specific opponents. He was prepping for the fight that he always fights and he got put on his back fairly quick when the fight started.
sure...

Typical hater logic "never believe anything Conor says except when I can use it against him in a discussion"
Able to throw 30+ body kicks with an "80% ACL tear"...

<TheWire1>
It was his MCL. There is a huge difference. 1 can take 6-8 weeks to heal the other 9-12 months.
Conor fought mendes completely different than he will fight khabib tho and you can tell from the very opening sequence. Conor moved forward in that fight like he didn’t care about mendes ability to take him down. The fight started with Conor charging forward and attempting a flying knee, which got him taken down, but he got up immediately while both were still fresh. Conor will be cautious like how he fought Alvarez. Khabib doesn’t set up his td’s at all and Conor has some of the best footwork and angles to work off of.

I seriously can’t wait to see how this fight plays out.
Who do you think you are a fighter or something? How dare you bring responsible discussion with good insights to this thread.

I’m biased? You just happened to have al those gifs ready and I’m biased? Maybe you should move out of Conor’s nuts and into your own apartment.

All he did was point out how Mendes was beaten lol. People are making excuses for it when the reason was Conor played his cards right. He constantly attacked the body and it effected Chad a lot. That punch you see land to the body in one of the gifs, look at chads reaction. You can tell that one didn’t feel good and that’s exactly why Conor tried to land the same punch. He used a good gameplan. He forced chad to constantly defend strikes, keep him moving, etc, and constantly attacked the body, more than we usually see. There was a reason for that. It’s also an answer to TS ridiculous claim. The reason they stood with him is because he forced them to. Some did it willingly, some didn’t want to stand but had no choice.

All he did was point out how Mendes was beaten lol. People are making excuses for it when the reason was Conor played his cards right. He constantly attacked the body and it effected Chad a lot. That punch you see land to the body in one of the gifs, look at chads reaction. You can tell that one didn’t feel good and that’s exactly why Conor tried to land the same punch. He used a good gameplan. He forced chad to constantly defend strikes, keep him moving, etc, and constantly attacked the body, more than we usually see. There was a reason for that. It’s also an answer to TS ridiculous claim. The reason they stood with him is because he forced them to. Some did it willingly, some didn’t want to stand but had no choice.

I’m sure it had nothing to do with Mendes coming off a week long bender.

This is what's more interesting-

For anyone who's trained/competed in MMA or wrestling - you know how to do a good sprawl when a guy shoots in on you. Now think of how you would throw an uppercut (or an uppercut-style hook).

Two completely different, mutually exclusive movements. If you decide to punch, you can't really sprawl in time. Vice versa. So for all these guys saying Conor will hit Khabib on the way in, he better knock him out on literally the first punch, because if he goes for a punch he's 100% going to be on his back. And he won't get up unless the ref or bell saves him.
He doesn't need to KO him. If he connects hard enough the first time Khabib shoots it will do two things.
1. Deter him from shooting without a setup again
2. Possible make that TD attempt to fail

Of course Khabib may also just eat the shot like it's nothing and take Conor down anyway, but there is no 100% in MMA.

Back