Conor McGregor's Top 3 Fighters of All Time.

rickson fought nobodies
bruce lee was an actor
ali...well, yeah he's one of the goat boxers

1187122.gif

You know, people can have different opinons. I don't consider him a fighter. To me, and a lot of other people, he's a boxer, not a fighter. He doesn't fight. He boxes. He doesn't get kicked, grabbed, thrown, taken down, grappled, or submitted. He's a boxer.

So much density with these people.

Show some respect for boxing's greatest ever HW.

I have mountains of respect for the guy. He's my favorite boxer of all time. I just separate the term 'fighter' and 'boxer'. Some of sherdog can't handle that logic.

Thought he would have said himself 3 times

Interesting picks, checked that Gracie's MMA record and gotta say 11-0 all subs it pretty solid to retire off of. Guessing he based this pick off his other credentials, however.

Rickson doesn't get enough hespect from the geeks of today.

That's not a fight to me. That's a boxing match.

To you???? But its really not subjective. There are several types of fighting, in the same way there are several types of Races. Their are Car races, dog races, wheel chair races, heck their are even races that don't involve running like eating races etc....

Physical fighting or to be a fighter necessitates engaging in one on one physical combat consistently. To be a professional fighter, which is what I think your getting at, you have to engage in one on one physical combat at a professional level. There are various forms of this physical combat, all of which falls under the category of fighting for example, boxing, muay Thai, judo, knife fighting, karate, MMA etc.... They are all fighters and should be respected as such.

I have mountains of respect for the guy. He's my favorite boxer of all time. I just separate the term 'fighter' and 'boxer'. Some of sherdog can't handle that logic.

Are K1 kickboxers not fighters?

Bullshit answers except for Ali, putting him in the same category as those guys is actually insulting.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE Bruce Lee, hes dont a lot for martial arts but he wasnt a fighter, he was an actor, and Rickson is the king of bullshit, and for someone like Connor whos not a BJJ guy to name Rickson is sketchy, I doubt he actually gives that much of a fuck about Rickson.

LOL @ all the butthurt geeks in this thread.

WAR Rickson! While the skill level in his era was a lot lower, a lot of people underestimate the fighting environment. The barbarism of the sport during those days was something else. Bare knuckle, much later stoppages, no time limits, tournament formats. Guys got way more violent beat downs than than they are today. Especially overseas. Rickson for a guy his size was absolutely smashing guys two times his size and it was impressive as hell. His mental toughness and approach to the game was great to see.

WAR Ali. You have a lot of butthurt UFC geeks in this thread claiming "Boxing sux! Ohh noeez, hed get taken down and smashed" "Hes a boxer not a fighter, he doesn't fight he boxes." Go spar Joe Frazier or Tommy Hearns. There are 145lb boxers who would KO Frank Mir with one punch. Show some respect to Ali for the skills, heart and charisma he had being a black man in the 60s.

and of course WAR Bruce Lee for being one of the first TMA ambassadors to truly advocate the mix of styles. Also had a great understanding of fight psychology. The water approach is epic.

Great choices by Conor.

One of the things the new generation of MMA fans don't realise is that boxing is actually more dangerous than MMA.

Yes, it isn't complete in terms of the spectrum of martial arts but it is very damaging. Without grappling and combining the ring environment you have considerably more strikes landing to the head, with more frequency over a greater duration.

If you want to suffer head trauma, boxing will get you there faster than MMA could ever dream of.

MMA in that regard is a lot safer [Which is a positive] but it highlights how much of a warrior elite boxers are.

Unless your name is Junior Dos Santos of course who chooses to box every mma match and block punches with his face.

Are K1 kickboxers not fighters?

More than boxers, but still not quite the caliber of fighter as someone who is training mma. The best MMA fighter absolutely obliterates the best kickboxer in a real fight. It's really unfair to even compare them that way.

More than boxers, but still not quite the caliber of fighter as someone who is training mma. The best MMA fighter absolutely obliterates the best kickboxer in a real fight. It's really unfair to even compare them that way.

I can't take that position seriously. Most MMA Fighters would be hapless against elite boxers in their respective fields as well.

Last edited:
I knew I'd get a lot of butthurt replies with my post being page 1, but damn if people can't see anyone's view but their own. Sherdog gonna sherdog.

Back