Conor McGregor's Top 3 Fighters of All Time.

Bruce Lee entered, and won, an amateur boxing tournament in Hong Kong in 1958 and knocked out British champion Gary Elms. To my knowledge, this is documented fact. It was an official tournament and I'm assuming some documentation exists. Just putting that out there.

Of course, I find it amusing that modern fans can't conceive of a guy training and becoming a truly great fighter while not competing in official competitions. Given his style and the martial art he chose to develop, what competition could he have competed in? It can't be denied that Lee liked the money, acclaim and relative security of movies, and I don't doubt that that played a big part in him not becoming a professional boxer or kickboxer. All I know is that everyone from Gene Labell to Chuck Norris have said, over and over, that he was the real deal. Gene claimed that Bruce would win some sparring matches, and lose some, which leads me to believe that this is true testimony and not just a guy not wanting to tarnish a legend.

I was expecting Conor McGregor, Conor McGregor and Conor McGregor.

A boxer, not a fighter is p4p the dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog.

So guys that lay on each other and roll around are fighters but guys that punch each other in the face aren't?

You using "p4p" to describe how dumb someone's post is, is the dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog.

I'm not necessarily agreeing that boxers aren't fighters, but what he's trying to say is that a boxer only fights with his hands. Boxing is the sport of punching. MMA is the sport of fighting, or at least the closest to that which exists. You just described MMA simply as "guys that lay on each other and roll around", I think that would be BJJ. MMA is far more complete.

So beautiful. There's never been an athlete more ahead of his time.

sixers-will-celebrate-wilt-try-for-a-win-vs-warriors.jpg

Lol to those who say Bruce Lee wasn't a real fighter. That dude spent his whole life training and fighting. Just because he was in movies doesn't mean he was fake. Bruce would whip 100/100 sherdog posters.

Bruce Lee entered, and won, an amateur boxing tournament in Hong Kong in 1958 and knocked out British champion Gary Elms. To my knowledge, this is documented fact. It was an official tournament and I'm assuming some documentation exists. Just putting that out there.

Of course, I find it amusing that modern fans can't conceive of a guy training and becoming a truly great fighter while not competing in official competitions. Given his style and the martial art he chose to develop, what competition could he have competed in? It can't be denied that Lee liked the money, acclaim and relative security of movies, and I don't doubt that that played a big part in him not becoming a professional boxer or kickboxer. All I know is that everyone from Gene Labell to Chuck Norris have said, over and over, that he was the real deal. Gene claimed that Bruce would win some sparring matches, and lose some, which leads me to believe that this is true testimony and not just a guy not wanting to tarnish a legend.

This. Sherdog posters like to shit on greatness. Bruce did some real shit.

So probably entering one amateur boxing tournament makes you a legit choice for Top 3 fighter of all time and people who wonder about that choice are dumb?
Hope Conor also names me next time alongside Rickson and Ali.
You better not bitch about it sherdog haters.

And to the rest of your post: It clearly says fighter not martial artist or something.

Rickson? Why not Rolls Gracie or Euclides Pereira?

Ali? How about Ezzard Charles or Sugar Ray Robinson?

Instead of Bruce Lee, how about Judo Gene LeBell?

Way to put an actor in your list. Bruce Lee? Forget about hipster.

I really can't understand this hype. He is probably talendted but nothing proved. No titles, no top opponents.

Hipster-tier list. Not impressed at the least. No mention of Fedor, Anderson?

Back