Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver(Spoliers)

Is it me or am I the only one that feels like it's a travesty that Conor gets a title shot before Frankie Edgar?

Frankie Edgar: Swanson, Penn, Oliveira, Aldo, Hendo.

Conor: Siver, Poirier, Brandao, Holloway, Brimage.

Given that he's been in controversial decisions with champions Hendo & Aldo. Personally I think he won both times against Hendo & did enough to beat Aldo. It's crazy that he gets overlooked.

But then again I think Edgar is one of the most underrated fighters in MMA & definitely Top 5 p4p. In my eyes he's p4p best for me.

Is it me or am I the only one that feels like it's a travesty that Conor gets a title shot before Frankie Edgar?

Given that he's been in controversial decisions with champions Hendo & Aldo. Personally I think he won both times against Hendo & did enough to beat Aldo. It's crazy that he gets overlooked.

But then again I think Edgar is one of the most underrated fighters in MMA & definitely Top 5 p4p. In my eyes he's p4p best for me.

Edgar deserves it more (although in fairness, beating Poirer really was enough to give Conor a title shot) but Conor makes more sense.

Edgar lost to Aldo already, imo 49-46 (it was close though)... Conor hasn't fought Aldo yet, and there are more unknowns in that matchup. Conor is more popular. Trash talking opponents bring out the fighter in Aldo. And most importantly, an Aldo v Conor fight will be significantly more exciting than Edgar vs Aldo.

Edgar gets the winner, no doubt. He can wait a bit.

Yeah, I think I've heard of him... Isn't he the guy who got way better after learning to punch with his right hand?
Still managed to beat the likes of Barrera and Marquez. Regardless, his game is still built around his straight left. The "Manilla Ice" right hook was a nice touch, but lets not forget he pretty much did worse against Marquez in every single fight, as he progressed as a boxer. Seeing how as he boxed him at pretty much every stage of his American career..

I remember Nacho discussing this saying the new Manny is much easier to plan against because before he was such a dynamo, as he calmed down he played more into Marquez's game.

Last edited:
Still managed to beat the likes of Barrera and Marquez. Regardless, his game is still built around his straight left. The "Manilla Ice" right hook was a nice touch, but lets not forget he pretty much did worse against Marquez in every single fight, as he progressed as a boxer. Seeing how as he boxed him at pretty much every stage of his American career..

I remember Nacho discussing this saying the new Manny is much easier to plan against because before he was such a dynamo, as he calmed down he played more into Marquez's game.

So then what's your point? Because McGregor isn't a fucking lunatic brawler like Pacquiao used to be, so it behooves him to have more weapons--like the current incarnation of Pacquiao. Right?

Fighting Marquez four times is just asking to get knocked out. You don't give a heavy handed master of the counter clock that many rounds against you without incurring serious risk.

Yeah, Marquez gets better the more time in the ring he has with someone. He's cool.

ys in the

all the top guys in division, he has already beaten; edgar mendes llamas swanson, the only one who hasn't is conor...

so it be nice to see aldo fight a guy he hasn't fought already, i get being fair; but i wouldn't mind seeing a new matchup

How, exactly? Landing ten clean strikes over two rounds?

How, exactly? Landing ten clean strikes over two rounds?

ShadowyThinHammerkop.gif

He's HURT MIKE, Aldo's hurt!! Frankie caught him!!

Back