• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor McGregor teases return announcement: Who's the opponent?

Who is his opponent?

• Michael Chandler

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • Manny Pacquaio (boxing exhibition)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Nobody - he's trolling

Votes: 122 67.8%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 18 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It can only be someone he can beat. Nate, Tony Ferguson, Marcus Brimmage, Cowboy, Cung Le

And you’re some random dude commenting on a forum while no one gives a shit what you think
I care about what he thinks and also about what you think about his thinking.
We are all brothers.
We are one.

Conor should fight Islam or Leon, but the UFC is stupid.

The Islam fight would bank 2 million PPVs.

Either fight rakes in loads of cash and helps the company and fighters.

tumblr_lnlio2tSal1qd960no1_500.gif

Conor should fight Islam or Leon, but the UFC is stupid.

The Islam fight would bank 2 million PPVs.

Either fight rakes in loads of cash and helps the company and fighters.
unironically that would be the best solution. and that would alone help boost islams/leons ability to resonate with the casual masses. a win over canner. hilarious.

Maybe he never fights MMA. I want to believe he's feeling 100% since bone break. I want to believe he's ready and wants to fight ASAP and isn't just chirping again.
Let's say Conor fights 2 more times in UFC. A nice sequence of events for the fans would be a Michael Chandler win and then calling out Gaethje next. If Gaethje was to beat Islam first and take the Conor match next, that would allow Conor to sidestep his old news with Poirier, try to beat the guy who beat him twice, and maybe even get another belt in the process.

He needs someone he can just rack up octagon time against and use as a sparring dummy, without ever being in any danger, so Nate or Tony are the best options at this stage.

Pereira vs Izzy 3
Conor vs Nate 3
Grasso vs Shevy 3

If the UFC could come to contractual terms with everyone minus Conor, ie flat-fees that would be big enough to cover the forfeit of ppv point money. Ex: Poaton would normally make $1M flat + $1M in ppv points, so pay him $2M flat.

And they can charge a 1-time $99.99 ppv price instead of $79.99, an extra $30-40M in revenue. Plus $1k nosebleed tickets lol, maybe worse. The UFC can make it happen if they want to but these are the 3 fights that should be atop UFC 300.

A trilogy of trilogies

Last edited:
The greatest comeback in sports history? He's 0-2 since his LAST comeback where he actually had something to point back to.

I think it's a 90% it's Chandler. 10% chance someone else like Poirier, Diaz.

The greatest comeback in sports history? He's 0-2 since his LAST comeback where he actually had something to point back to.

I guess that's what will make this come back even greater if he wins.

72% trollling. It has come down to this. He'll be on the same card as Jones vs. Miocic.

Id guess it'll either be a 60 year old man or a woman rejecting his advances

I like Mcgregor as a fighter. I hope he fights Chandler(I doubt he will win) But I hope he wins in a comeback fight. It would be incredible if he was able to pull off a win at this point. I would love to see him and GSP go, Just to see how it goes. That fight would shock people.

Back