Conor McGregor - Perspective of haters and lovers, and how people ought to see it.

TheMMABettor

White Belt
Reaction score
When I see Conor McGregor promos and fights with my friends of mine we all laugh at what he's saying and are excited to see his next performance. His skills on the mic and in the octagon are extremely entertaining.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in a room full of people who scoff at the idea of self promotion. What a room full of drab people it must be; everyone with their arms crossed with these awful scowls on their face. Just thinking about it has me laughing at these sour bunch.

Guess what, self promotion no matter what it is that you do requires communication. If you are self employed you must promote yourself and your knowledge and ability to convince others that you will perform your trade better than others. If you produce products, you have to convince people that your product is better than the competitions. If you are a fighter, you have to convince people that you are a superior fighter than the others. It's how it works. I bet if I got pay stubs from each fuckin person on here with their amounts crossed out (wouldn't want to embarrass the drones working hourly) that the haters are those that are not achievers.

A little word of advice from TheMMABettor:

When you feel rather than think, you leave little room for choice. You are haters because you have not chosen to think about the situation, you are drones to your own feelings, how pathetic. Please just try to think outside of those feelings of yours and picture what is happening on a whole. This is the closest an individual has come to being that perfect blend of skill and charisma to take this sport to the next level. We should all be cheering on what he is attempting to accomplish.

It's weird how there is this insistence that one must be a hater or lover of Conor. It's like going to prison and they make you chose a side as soon as you get in.

It's weird how there is this insistence that one must be a hater or lover of Conor. It's like going to prison and they make you chose a side as soon as you get in.

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse

so one must choose...oh...I see it now

When I see Conor McGregor promos and fights with my friends of mine we all laugh at what he's saying and are excited to see his next performance. His skills on the mic and in the octagon are extremely entertaining.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in a room full of people who scoff at the idea of self promotion. What a room full of drab people it must be; everyone with their arms crossed with these awful scowls on their face. Just thinking about it has me laughing at these sour bunch.

Guess what, self promotion no matter what it is that you do requires communication. If you are self employed you must promote yourself and your knowledge and ability to convince others that you will perform your trade better than others. If you produce products, you have to convince people that your product is better than the competitions. If you are a fighter, you have to convince people that you are a superior fighter than the others. It's how it works. I bet if I got pay stubs from each fuckin person on here with their amounts crossed out (wouldn't want to embarrass the drones working hourly) that the haters are those that are not achievers.

When you feel rather than think, you leave little room for choice. You are haters because you have not chosen to think about the situation, you are drones to your own feelings, how pathetic. Please just try to think outside of those feelings of yours and picture what is happening on a whole. This is the closest an individual has come to being that perfect blend of skill and charisma to take this sport to the next level. We should all be cheering on what he is attempting to accomplish.
This is not a sport. That has been clearly defined this past year. It will never be a sport. It is prize fighting. They match whoever they want to match against each other. They sign WWF wrastlers just because.... They say one thing and do something completely different. There is no sports structure to the UFC or MMA prize fighting in general.

This is not a sport. That has been clearly defined this past year. It will never be a sport. It is prize fighting. They match whoever they want to match against each other. They sign WWF wrastlers just because.... They say one thing and do something completely different. There is no sports structure to the UFC or MMA prize fighting in general.

Get out.

I find it rather hard to believe due to the circumstantial evidence of the all the threads that indicate people being fans or desire him to lose that there are a lot of haters, lovers surrounding this fight. If you are completely neutral to the outcome then you seem to be the few.

Mad5555,

You will make a good dad. If this is simply all a circus from your perspective, what other circus forums are you a part of?

as much as i hate to say it, i have to agree with you here. the ufc (mainly dana) goes back on their word so much. the watered down cards, too many events, bs signings and not signing certain fighters (askren) is bs. as much as i perceive it to be a sport, the majority of the population does not. i think the ufc had a chance in 2011-12 when they were peaking with popularity to really get the public to accept it as a sport but since then its been all downhill.

as much as i hate to say it, i have to agree with you here. the ufc (mainly dana) goes back on their word so much. the watered down cards, too many events, bs signings and not signing certain fighters (askren) is bs. as much as i perceive it to be a sport, the majority of the population does not. i think the ufc had a chance in 2011-12 when they were peaking with popularity to really get the public to accept it as a sport but since then its been all downhill.
They also don't care to invest in any of their fighters either. If you make a name for yourself then great but don't expect the UFC to get behind you and give you any support. That is one of their main downfalls IMO. They do not create any stories, hype, around their fighters. I can not even explain to my many casual mma friends the top 3-5 fighters in each division that might fight for a title. 2-3 years ago I could but now, good luck. It is a prize fighting league. Whatever sells is what they are going to put together. If the WWF guy wins his first fight, then they should just give him a title shot... why not. It is a circus. That would sell big! All you people would complain but no one will not buy the PPV. That would be their best selling PPV This is not even close to being a sport.

I find it rather hard to believe due to the circumstantial evidence of the all the threads that indicate people being fans or desire him to lose that there are a lot of haters, lovers surrounding this fight. If you are completely neutral to the outcome then you seem to be the few.

I have become completely neutral on the outcome of this fight due to all of the threads/buzz about it. Personally, I am a fan of both fighters. I have liked Siver and rooted for him in pretty much all of his fights. I also really like McGregor.

Realistically, I am buying the hype train and fully expect McGregor to win by TKO in round 1. Anything else and I will be generally surprised. However, the extreme hype surrounding him is almost wanting me to root against him. No Hate involved per say. I think the self promoting thing works for him and he's pretty funny. I think the sherdog followers can get ridiculous, but I also don't really care.

It's become a win/win for me honestly. Either McGregor wins and the hype train continues. Or somehow Siver pulls off the victory and pandemonium ensues. Both the fight and the results should be entertaining.

Conor is okay but the whole jumping the line thing, cherry picking opponents and the marketing plan cheapens MMA as a sport. It's just a spectacle and way too much like fixed boxing bs.

Well here's my argument to people who are "neutral" to the situation. Betting on the fight to go beyond 1.5 rounds pays fuckin 2.5 to 1. If you are neutral (which means you are not buying into the hype train) I expect to see a ton of bets on that outcome.

Are you trying to imitate Yoda or some shit - what the fuck is this nonsense? You 'feel' strongly enough about Connor to start a thread/troll about him, I barely 'feel' strongly enough to even think about your shitty thread, much less take the time to write 300 words describing my man-crush.

Machidafan, read my fuckin post. That is the point, FUCKIN LIFE IS THAT WAY. People skipping the line is life is what business is all about. Are you absolutely clueless? Did you think UFC was going to be this perfect little dream world where everything is done 100% fairly? Why the ridiculously high pedestal? If you own and business and I own a business and we both have the same product and my price is 5% higher but I market myself correctly, give great warranties, get the business from the client, use that clients name to help create trust in other potential clients and run with it from there. Guess what, you are fucked. Why? Cause you sat by and didn't say a fuckin word. That's what Conor is doing.

Well here's my argument to people who are "neutral" to the situation. Betting on the fight to go beyond 1.5 rounds pays fuckin 2.5 to 1. If you are neutral (which means you are not buying into the hype train) I expect to see a ton of bets on that outcome.

I "think" that you're missing a not-so-subtle difference between two different uses of 'neutral'.

Oh 5rounder how wrong you are. See my THOUGHTS will have earned my cash in hand this coming Sunday. While your pathetic feelings will have you butt hurt betting a small amount on Siver HOPING he will win while his dick eats the canvas in the first fuckin round.

There are 3 ways to argue a point, destroy, distract and the greatest of the 3, PROCLAIM. I don't see you proclaiming fuck all 5rounder. Hear me now, I proclaim and am willing to put my money on this proclamation (an act to make my opinion more valid than yours) that he wins and wins in style. I will bump this thread when your doubting ways cost you on an another potential pay cheque.

I "think" that you're missing a not-so-subtle difference between two different uses of 'neutral'.

There are 3 ways to argue a point, destroy, distract and the greatest of the 3, PROCLAIM. I don't see you proclaiming fuck all 5rounder. Hear me now, I proclaim and am willing to put my money on this proclamation (an act to make my opinion more valid than yours) that he wins and wins in style. I will bump this thread when your doubting ways cost you on an another potential pay cheque.

Proclaiming isn't arguing but I am proclaiming that you're a chump - people have been saying that they're neutral, qua fan, with regards to Connor, not with regards to whether or not they think he wins the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back