Conor McGregor: Frankie went 0-2 at LW then fought for FW title and got the head slapped off him

I don't think Edgar beats Aldo.

Really? I think Aldo has aged, and Edgar is a lot more comfortable, and more powerful at 145 than he was the last time they fought. I am expecting a blow out, with Edgar pushing a pace that Aldo can't hang with after a few minutes.

Frankie would whoop the shit out of him then what's he gonna say

That's why he didn't give him the shot.

He originally said he was thinking about fighting Frankie before he decided to fight RDA instead.

He still has the belt and jumping up a weight class excuse if he gets smashed by RDA. He was saying how he's the only fighter that jumps up in weight and makes super fights for the fans by going for the LW title.

Frankie had done a hell of a lot more than Conor has. Lw title with more than one defense vs Fw title with no defenses and got beat down in his last fight trying to fight a lw

yeguiza: conor tapped out within 2 rouds to 10 day notice nate diaz who was 2-3 in his last 5

sauce: SD forums

Really? I think Aldo has aged, and Edgar is a lot more comfortable, and more powerful at 145 than he was the last time they fought. I am expecting a blow out, with Edgar pushing a pace that Aldo can't hang with after a few minutes.
I don't think either have amazing chins these days, and I think Aldo will have the fire from being humiliated like he was. I expect a pretty spectacular performance from Jose where he nabs a late TKO.

I'm no conor fan and I like frankie but there is alot of truth to what Conor said.. Frankie is beyond desparate

Frankie would more than likely finish Conor within 3 rounds. Hes a much more dangerous fighter at FW and Conor's ground game is laughable
Agreed. Edgar would take him down easily and dominate him, even if he didn't submit Conor.. he would still control him on the ground, I imagine it to be like Frankie vs Cub

just because Connor lost to Diaz in a war of attrition slug fest means he loses to Edgar , K i dont remember Edgar ever fighting that way . Who has ever won a match against either Diaz in attrition war slugfest?

I don't think Frankie was the one who got slapped...

5gMB9Xd.gif

You know it would be cool if fightmetric started a slap count.

Imagine if Conor loses twice to Nate and gets the title fight against RDA, the uproar! But for Frankie that's OK....

How satisfying would it be?

No more than when any other fighter loses two straight

Edgar got his ass beat by Aldo, Conor rekt Aldo Kappa Aldo is a better fighter then Edgar has ever been, I think Aldo beats him comfortably in the rematch and would favor him to beat Conor in a rematch

That
Frankie had done a hell of a lot more than Conor has. Lw title with more than one defense vs Fw title with no defenses and got beat down in his last fight trying to fight a lw
Your statement only works if they were in the UFC for the same amount of time, Conor 27, Edgar 34. So your statement is irrelevant.

Imagine if Conor loses twice to Nate and gets the title fight against RDA, the uproar! But for Frankie that's OK....

McTapsTwice got summarily finished in the second round, that is not the same as a controversial 5 round decision. Use some common sense.

Of course Edgar also moved down, not up, and he defended his belt before moving anywhere.

Conor has none of the weapons aldo had to negate Frankie's offense, the kicks. Conor is getting double legged and pounded out first round, if mendes could get him down, so can frankie, and he doesn't get tired.

The only way conor wins against edgar is to keep distance and wing "rear uppercuts and left hands" IMO. Not easy to do for 5 rounds.

McTapsTwice got summarily finished in the second round, that is not the same as a controversial 5 round decision. Use some common sense.

Of course Edgar also moved down, not up, and he defended his belt before moving anywhere.
Facts are facts, 2 losses, next fight title shot. I'm sure there was uproar at the time tho.

Back