News Conor McGregor Donates £25,000 to Irish Fighter Who Suffered 'Life Changing Injuries'

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Conor McGregor has donated £25,000 to Irish MMA fighter Ryan Curtis after he sustained "life-changing" injuries in a training accident.

Fighter Leah McCourt said Curtis, 31, had sustained "a broken back, a broken neck and a dislocated spine".

Curtis has been a professional since 2015 and has fought on Cage Warriors and Bellator cards.

McGregor posted on social media that he was "sending my support and well wishes" to the Dublin fighter.

Belfast boxer Michael Conlan, MMA fighters Molly McCann and Dillon Danis and coach John Kavanagh have also donated to Curtis and his family.

In a post on Instagram, Belfast's McCourt said "there is no exact end date as to when his treatment will be complete".

"Ryan will never be able to do what he loves, and fight or train in MMA again. A sport he has dedicated his life to from the age of 11," she added.

"Ryan has the most infectious positive outlook in life and has been through some of the most horrific circumstances, always coming out a better human, man and friend.

"He is still showing his positive outlook, his determination and mindset to overcome yet another challenge that life has presented."

Curtis' partner, Emma, posted on social media that she was "overwhelmed by the tremendous kindness".

"The love and support for Ryan are truly a testament to his remarkable character. Ryan remains optimistic, I have never known anyone with a stronger mindset than him.

"I truly believe that Ryan will hug me and our beautiful daughter Kassia again. Please keep Ryan in your prayers."

---

Best wishes to Ryan Curtis on his recovery, and fair play to Conor and the SBG guys for supporting him in this way.

This is a dangerous sport both in the cage and in the gym.

Very important to mention Conrad Anthony Macgregor donation to whom or whatever and not mentioning what even happened to the guy.
Is he paralyzed? How did it happen? Does he not have health insurance?

2024 'journalism' bless.

Are we even sure this is real?

Conor is Irish. Ryan Curtis is Irish. Irelands currency is the Euro. Would be pretty damn random for him to donate to the fellow Irishman in GBP.
The article is from BBC but it doesn't even list an author. AI is getting out of hand fast.

Conor is Irish. Ryan Curtis is Irish. Irelands currency is the Euro. Would be pretty damn random for him to donate to the fellow Irishman in GBP.
The article is from BBC but it doesn't even list an author. AI is getting out of hand fast.
The GoFundMe was set up in pounds, presumably as he's being treated in Belfast and so the bill would be in pounds. You can see Conor's donation right on the page as the top donation.

1705337829428.png

Wtf was he doing in training to cause that injury? Good on McGregor for helping but that's not going to even remotely pay for this dudes medical bills.
Only thing I could think of is that dangerous spiking thing that DC used to do - although who would do that in training; or he shot a takedown at the other guy and the guy ran into him simulating a flying knee?

Only thing I could think of is that dangerous spiking thing that DC used to do - although who would do that in training; or he shot a takedown at the other guy and the guy ran into him simulating a flying knee?
What spiking thing did he do?

There's more info about the injury here, but still doesn't say what they were doing in training that lead to it.

That said, I saw another vid a while back, two guys rolling, one slight mistake on a movement and one of them ended up with a broken neck, so crazy shit can happen.

Best wishes to this guy.

Fuck you are the epitome of stupid.
Two posts going off the rails about nothing.

Check the guy's name, and his wife's gofundme.

Good on Conor putting some of that dollar to good use.

Wtf was he doing in training to cause that injury? Good on McGregor for helping but that's not going to even remotely pay for this dudes medical bills.
If I had to guess grappling jockeying for position. Either lost his balance or got thrown by like a judo toss that landed him right on the top of his head. But just a guess obviously. We’ve seen it happen in bare knuckle with striking too when that guy got ko'd and fell straight forward right onto the top of his head. Hoping he can get some of his old life back with time

Last edited:
Back