• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor McGregor declares himself as the 2nd GOAT

Conor shouldnt even be in the top 5 on the goat list. All them names he mentioned are placed higher than him on that list. Am not denying 2 titles in 2 divisions and being the first one recognised for it is impressive but he didn't even mention khabib. Him and gsp top that list imo and need to fight to find out who's better.

giphy.gif
Beat me to it. :)
Like 30 finishes in his career.

This is getting sad now.

(no it already was lol, what a douche moron).

He’s so delusional. He’s like #9 at best.

Loads of guys have better resumes than him.

GSP, Jones, Fedor, Anderson, DJ, Cejudo, DC, Aldo. There’s 8 guys right off the bat who have more impressive resumes overall than Conor does.

Conor has zero title defences. You can’t be GOAT with zero title defences.

Conor could have been the FW GOAT, but he moved up and never defended the belt. If he had stuck at FW and beat some more guys, maybe rematched Aldo and Holloway, then yeah, he could have been FW GOAT and also maybe ranked ahead of Aldo in the overall GOAT discussion. But he didn’t, he moved on. He beat one top LW to win the belt, but he also lost to a LW journeyman and then rematched him and barely squeaked past him. Then he LOST to the next top LW he fought (Khabib). Then he beat a past his prime Cowboy in an entirely different division.

Conor needs to beat more champs and/or former champs before he can ever be considered in the all time GOAT discussion.

His most impressive feat was being the first ever 2 division champ, and even that isn’t so impressive now that DC, Cejudo, and Nunes have all done the same thing, except, those other guys all have had more impressive runs in their respective current divisions. They’re all actually defending at least one of their belts too, whereas Conor vacated BOTH of his.

I don’t dislike Conor. I like him a lot as a fighter, and he certainly has the ability and potential to be known as an all time great. However, he doesn’t fight often enough to deepen his resume, and he vacated every belt he ever won. These facts stop prevent him from ever being GOAT unless things change.

Is he insinuating Anderson isn't still active and taking way more ballsy fights than Conor recently? <6>

Does he priorities a finish over wins? And the metric for fighting at different weight classes is pretty hard to quantify surely.

Man, he really does have a drinking problem. **Feels Bad**

Excited for the jones vs Connor twitter beef about to ensue

I think Conor is too humble to place himself as number 2
FewLawfulHornedtoad-size_restricted.gif

Any man who calls himself GOAT is no true GOAT

This dude is really talking about questionable decision wins when he, "avenged" his loss to Nate Diaz by running away and hoping to survive until the final bell.

I'm not sure why all the conor backlash for his tweets. it's what he does. and it works for him. sure he's a dork and it's amazing to watch his fan boys cum all over the place every time he farts. but these tweets are par for the course. you don't take him seriously. it's pro wrestling. his gimmick is: "I'm the best ever, now bow down to me" and that (dumb) gimmick is eaten up by the masses, which is one reason he's so successful. and let's not forget the dude is very talented. I hate him, but you gotta admit he's a special talent. 2nd best all time? of course not. probably not top 15 all time. but it's best to take these comments for what they are. pro wrestling

I feel like Conor triggers sherdog on a daily basis at this point.

This dude is really talking about questionable decision wins when he, "avenged" his loss to Nate Diaz by running away and hoping to survive until the final bell.
Didn’t he drop him like 4 times in that fight? Hardly questionable, he clearly won 3 rounds.

Conor is a damn fool but the lack of objectivity when judging him is clear. The “Nate won” argument has always completely baffled me, it was as fair of a 48-47 as you can get.

Back