Media Conor McGregor calling for Frankie Edgar fight is genius

Penn jesus Christ. Idk whod win. Id pick Conor but at this point not realy sure. Penn might take him down and if he gets mount Conor will tap

Might actually be the perfect fight for him right now. Penn is 40 and on a losing streak. McGregor although clearly has substance abuse problems. He sounded like he was drunk or had just done speed before that interview.

Frankie is a class act and if anyone deserves a money fight it's him but I'd have zero interest in that fight. Frankie is well past his prime and I would want to see Conor vs Tony. No point in a rematch Khabib, it would go the same way.

Penn would be -250 against the alcoholic elder abuser

Frankie Edgar's time has come and gone now. Why the hell would I wanna see Edgar fight Mcgregor now.

It's a good fight for Conor because his chances against Edgar at this point are most definitely in his favor.

Agree that he’s been slipping for a while.

But I actually like prime Frankie’s chances against ANY current LW, including Khabib.
I mean the Frankie that beat BJ, Sherk, and Franca.

Looks like connor is looking 2 only beat on old men now

Every stupid thing that Conor does somebody open a thread calling it "genius" :(
Well, are you saying that calling out Frankie isnt genius especially when it can be made ASAP.
Conor knows he needs a win and the top 5 at any weight class is a risk at this point especially top 5 at LW.
McGregor makes it sound like hes doing it for the fans, for Frankie, for a good ol fashioned scrap, when he knows its so he has a chance to get his ass back in the WIN column. So its genius. IMO

THE CLIP IS BELOW IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED.
McGregor also mentioned former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar as a fight that would get him excited, although that on seems less likely after the New Jersey native decided to move down to bantamweight for his next fight.

“You know who else is at the top of the list, Frankie Edgar, is also right there, up there at the top of the list. Because he has similarities to Khabib,” McGregor said. “Runs on the back foot, shoots on the single leg. I want these types of similar bouts and also Frankie has been very respectful. Frankie has always been respectful. He said that he wanted to tell his grandkids that he fought Conor McGregor one day and for me to hear that, ask Dana [White], for me to hear that, this is going back many months and I messaged Dana straight away and said that’s the fight to make.

Frankie has been respectful of Conor from beginning. Frankie knows who is the MMA money man. Conor seems to like Frankie, they were both champs.
YES and everyone just wants to yell out "well it aint happenen frankie is movin to 135 idiots!"
...Yeah thats the plan, until you get offered a fight with the Golden Goose where the money will change your families life and lots of fighters believe the "Conor McGregor belt" per say is worth more than any UFC belt at the moment.

Anthony Joshua has reached the peak.
Canelo has reached the peak.
Manny Pacquiao reached the peak.
Wladimir reached the peak.

The list is endless and none were cunts so this 'reaching the peak' excuse won't work buddy.
Im not defending the guy. Like I said I like him as a fighter but he reached his peak in fame and fighting and he unlike those you mentioned cant manage it well obviously. However i dont know how anybody gets surprised when a cage fighter is out of control out of the octagon they have to have killer instincts to get in there to begin with. I commend those that are professional and can keep their cool.

If Conor was willing to fight Tony the fight would be made.

Conor is done Sherbros. Will probably never win again. He lost his Achilles fist or whatever GSP called it. His will to win and survive in the cage just isn't there. Anyone that can survive 1 round of him throwing left hands will beat him. He's become a 1 dimensional, no gas tank, weak minded, excuse making, drug using old man hitting burnout.

Including Frankie, easy money bet on whoever he is fighting. Conor sluggishly plodding in the second round will get KTFO by anyone.

Conor just wants to fight little frankie so he has someone to knock out again.
Easy fight, easy money.
Fuck that shit

One can reach the peak and not turn into a jerk with stupid antics.

GSP reached the peak and didn't turn into a jerk. Neither did Rich Franklin. Max Holloway, Rose Namajunas, Lyoto Machida, etc etc.

It's a lame way to excuse poor behavior. Also, even of those champs who had some antics, few reached the lowest dregs like him. Throwing things with a group of thugs at a bus, punching people in bars. Jones comes to mind as in the same category, but that level of poor behavior is not the norm for those reaching the peak.

Tony gets rocked every fight. It's actually a pretty dangerous fight for Tony since he usually starts slow, eats shots early, and has next to no offensive wrestling. Tony's defense was always lacking. Now of course if Tony survives the first round and a half it's gonna be a long night for Conor.

I wouldn't want Tony to risk his streak on a fight like that. If he wins then it's not gonna mean much since Conor is considered semi-retired at this point and if he loses its gonna bring Conor back into title contention and completely fuck over Tony.
I’m all for Tony getting a red panty night .... the fight would do a lot for him and his family

Anthony Joshua has reached the peak.
Canelo has reached the peak.
Manny Pacquiao reached the peak.
Wladimir reached the peak.

The list is endless and none were cunts so this 'reaching the peak' excuse won't work buddy.

Stomping into a bar, pouring shots (from a bottle you just carried in), and attempting to force them on people is pathetic, whether you're a small brand ambassador or an international star. MacGroobin has lost his mind.

edgar announces he is moving to 135, then conor calls him out, not genius at all, and I am a conor fan.

No.

Conor needs to fight someone in the top 10 at LW (and closer to top 5) if he wants to be taken seriously as a competitor at LW circa 2019 about to hit 2020.

Take a fight like that and simply win/impress.

Back