Conor: Khabib is formidable. His striking sharp.

I can't stop laughing at the dork who says "that's some pussy shit" @ 1:01

Khabib has outstruck every guy he's ever fought, and a lot of his opponents like Iaquinta and Conor have praised his striking, yet some people will still say he has "amateurish striking".
His style is not something you would be taught by any professional, but it works for him so you can't say he's a bad striker I guess. But it definitely looks amateurish

al said it after he fought khabib that the russins fight different. not unbeatable or anything but the way they move and their timing. People act like khabib didnt win the striking against al and its weird to me. before the conor fight they thought it was a fight to discredit khabib. weird thought process

Khabib has outstruck every guy he's ever fought, and a lot of his opponents like Iaquinta and Conor have praised his striking, yet some people will still say he has "amateurish striking".
He does. Its the overwhelming fear of his takedowns that allows him to have success.

Let's look at Cain Velasquez for another example. The myth was perpetuated that he was a solid striker. Beating the breaks off of solid standup Guys like jds.

He takes them out of their element. They are fearing being taken down. They don't know what's coming.
Look what happened when Cain fought a world class grappler in werdum who didn't give a fuck about being taken down. He tuned Cain up .

He’s right. Getting stripped once is easy. Getting stripped twice is pretty fucking incredible.

He does. Its the overwhelming fear of his takedowns that allows him to have success.

Let's look at Cain Velasquez for another example. The myth was perpetuated that he was a solid striker. Beating the breaks off of solid standup Guys like jds.

He takes them out of their element. They are fearing being taken down. They don't know what's coming.
Look what happened when Cain fought a world class grappler in werdum who didn't give a fuck about being taken down. He tuned Cain up .

Conor and Als opinions weigh a little more than yours.

Khabib has success striking ONLY because guys fear the takedown. His striking is amateurish. Just watch his ricdiculous haymakers he throws. He gets away with it because of the takedown threat. It works for him though so it’s all good.

No shit Sherlock, this is how MMA works.

Conor and Als opinions weigh a little more than yours.
What do you want them to say ? I was so shit scared about getting taken down?

It happens all the time . Is chael a better striker than anderson Silva? After all he dropped him in their first fight.

His style is not something you would be taught by any professional, but it works for him so you can't say he's a bad striker I guess. But it definitely looks amateurish
Neither did Fedor's style, it's not textbook boxing, it's a lot of Sambo casting punches, etc. But nobody will call Fedor an amateurish striker.

1 haymaker in mma = greatest striking ever

*yawn

Lol, Khabib's striking is bar fight level. No idea how someone with such sleek movement like Conor got caught by it, it was pathetic.

How come Kevin Lee who has a similar takedown threat is nowhere near as successful with the striking?

Haters going to hate

Khabib has good striking for sure.

He does stick his chin up a little high, but he moves decently and throws a good variety of punches.

His striking definitely seems like it's getting better each fight.

Obviously the threat of the takedown is there, but the guy has good hands.

With his hand gestures, and body language, he has totally embraced his salesman persona. Not sure he is trying to convince all of those listening to him, so much as himself in this video. As much as I dislike that team, Kavanaugh had the inside, and he stated unless he sees huge changes in Conor's attitude and approach before his next fight, he won't be coaching him. Clear to see Conor has gotten soft, and is no longer hungry following the Mayweather bout. Not that I think he could have ever beaten Khabib, but any chance he had was diminished with a single deposit into his bank account.

Back