Conor isn't even an elite win.

Conor is some sort a Moneybag Gatekeeper now.
Cowboy Cerrone with Money offer basically.
Everybody in a Whiskeybar tunes in exept Conor enters the same Whiskey Bar and he sees any old man.

Moneybag Gatekeeper is Something new honestly.
Conor did something new... again.

Conor's still a great win.

It's the pay day that matters if the other fighter plays his cards correctly with the UFC.

Imagine calling one of the best lightweights of all time.. a punching bag.

Idiot.
How many wins does he have at lightweight? Not Lightweights fighting at Welterweight, but actual lightweight wins? And ... how many losses?

Maybe a featherweight if you're reaching, but he didn't stay there long.

EDIT: I see the poster I'm quoting was actually talking about Eddie. My bad - but honestly, something about the way it was written said "conor" - not just to me either. But - EOD - I agree Eddie a punching bag is B.S. Something about Conor did that to a lot of his opponents. Plus, not one got a rematch; until Dustin. We see why - $$$.

Last edited:
That's because his value has depreciated due to the amount of losses he's accumulated. At the time he fought his opponents he was highly ranked/regarded, now his value has dropped due to the 2 finishes in a row.

2 division champ “not an elite win”

I’m not even a Conor fan but he is still a top 5 LW. He rocked DP and took a round against Khabib. Those two fighters are better than him, but that’s proof enough that he’s in the 3-5 range.

lol

No, its not.

Vannatto rocked TFerg, how'd his post EL Cucuy career go?

Conor has beaten Sunset Cowboy in recent years, THATS IT; at best we can say he can beat a guy in Cowboy's league.

He's not proven he is top 5 with actual wins, just your fantasy drivel, and a gifted TS against the weakest LW champ in years.

Reactions: lsa
Casuals confuse money and fame, with talent.

1-4 Conor is nothing to be proud about at LW.

Yeah.. let's just shit over every lw (and fw) of this era because your precious little feelings are hurt by conor..

Idiot.

Are you serious? One of the best lightweights of all time?

Yeah, he might have had timing and precision at one point in his career.
Yeah, he might rile up the crowd and evoke all sorts of emotions on Sherdog.
Yeah, he's got millions of dollars etc.
But to say he's one of the best when he got OWNED by Poirier twice?

Even if you IGNORE his recent downslide...

Eddie's top 10-15 at best at LW. =p

What makes fans believe beating Conor is their best win? At which point was he even good at LW than beating a punching bag in Alvarez?

Beating Conor isn't some feather in the cap, sure he has a big mouth and a huge delusional fanbase but far from an elite win.
But, but, but he was Khabibi's best win

Imagine calling one of the biggest draws of all time.. a punching bag.

There I fixed that for you since you misspelled your words. Imagine calling a guy 1-3 at LW one of the best of all time, that would be the worst sentence ever.

But the guy has been a punching bag at 155. He lays on the ground grabbing the fence, gloves and anything else he's not allowed in attempts to try and get up while being punched over and over. That's the definition of a punching bag. Or wait, you're right, it's more like a punching dummy, better fit.
You really went ahead typed this dumbass paragraph lmao. Go back and re-read the OP, slow boy. TS was calling Eddie a punching bag. Seriously, how illiterate are you?

Idiot.
To play devils advocate, at some point everyone becomes a punching bag. Doesn't take away their career body of work. But it is an accurate assessment of where Eddie was in his career when Conor beat him. Father time gets us all.

Conor was never that good even during his prime. I think what kept the myth going is the whole “he did better vs kabib than anybody else n even won a round, thus be must be second bes or at the very least still a top guy” rhetoric.

Sad reality is the entire lightweight division has always been extremely overrated of u truly break it down you’ll notice it’s a bunch of featherweights or even bantomweights like bj n frankie Edgar who are considered the legends of the division.

How many featherweights or bantomweights have won the ufc lightweight belt including interim? The current champ Charlie bronx,Jens, BJ, frankie, pettis, Conor, Dustin, from the top of my head.

I think that’s more than half of the lightweight champs in ufc history are feathweights and the current bellabore champ that would probably streamroll over the entire UFC lightweight division is also a featherweight… just to give you an idea of how terrible the lightweight division is and always was (the rule is you go by the lightest you’ve been to devalue the win for those that beat you and devalue the entire division whenever you win)

lightweight doesn’t really have any truly well rounded fighters either. Everybody is either a striker with average grappling or a grappler with average striking n whenever somebody appeared well rounded like BJ you were just being fooled by him beating up the diegos of the world or other grapplers with shitty striking like Matt Hughes.. to give the lightweight division more of an illusion that it’s good when (feather)lightweight BJ beat welterweight Matt.

Last edited:
What makes fans believe beating Conor is their best win? At which point was he even good at LW than beating a punching bag in Alvarez?

Beating Conor isn't some feather in the cap, sure he has a big mouth and a huge delusional fanbase but far from an elite win.
2016 Conor is completely different to 2021 Conor. Floyd killed 2016 Conor.

lol, what..

He beat Diaz in the second fight.. then went on to starch Alvarez. So how was it that Nate broke him..

<WhatIsThis>

By highlighting his tendency to wilt, when facing a will greater than his own.

Or the panic wrestling thing, whichever is better.

Last edited:
Are you serious? One of the best lightweights of all time?

Yeah, he might have had timing and precision at one point in his career.
Yeah, he might rile up the crowd and evoke all sorts of emotions on Sherdog.
Yeah, he's got millions of dollars etc.
But to say he's one of the best when he got OWNED by Poirier twice?

Even if you IGNORE his recent downslide...

Eddie's top 10-15 at best at LW. =p
he was referring to Eddie, quite a few of us got it wrong what he was saying ..
If we all got it wrong then it says a lot for his lack of clarity considering everyone was referring to conor

I can absolutely not stand Conor, but he's definitely an elite fighter and an incredibly skilled one, at that.

For one example, we can always question how likely it was that he was going to stop Jose Aldo so fast, but either way finishing a prime Aldo like that is already a mad achievement.
That version of Aldo was better than *any* fighter on the records of GSP, Jones, Silva, Khabib or Fedor or DJ with maybe the exception of prime BJ and prime Cejudo (who DJ should have been given the W against).
He built up that mental frustration within Aldo for a longgggg time. Hes an elite fighter that utilizes the war of the mind and pressure to dismantle his opponent. It doesn't work with strong minded individuals

So are you saying Dan Hooker would beat his ass at this point?

<{yearp}>

Cause I do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back