"Conor is one of the Biggest Ever in Combat Sports History. Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Level"- Dana White

Conor doesn't get paid like it, unless he's boxing.

Conor isnt even that popular in ireland.

hes popular, but not as popular as the ufc makes you think.

Also, people get caught up in the moment. It's easy to forget how popular Tyson was in his prime because it was a long ass time ago. It's kind of like "shit for brains" Rogan claiming every current champ is the greatest of all time. Just because he's trending more on Twitter at this moment doesn't mean he's more popular than a prime Tyson was.

Dana is right, people that haven't watched an MMA fight in their lives know who Conor is.

There is a lot of people I've met who don't watch MMA but know Conor McGregor. So I guess Dana right in that sense.

Any person even partially agreeing with this hyperbole--what the fuck is wrong with you?

Come on guys, you believe any bullshit Dana says. That guy talks right out of his arse.

Dana White Says There's Never Been a Combat Athlete Like Ronda Rousey

There’s women who can play basketball. They play in the WNBA, people [shrug it off]. In women’s golf, [people shrug it off], every sport. Ronda Rousey is a woman who can walk down the Las Vegas strip tonight and clean it out of any man that’s standing in the middle of the street. She’s a game-changer for women. She’s a game-changer for women’s sports, and there’s never been a human being like her or a combat athlete like her since the beginning of time.

I don't like the dude, but he's not wrong. He's one of the biggest sports stars in history. Almost everyone, in the USA at least, knows who is and knows at least 1 person he's fought.
Do you have any fucking clue how big boxing used to be? Ali had BILLIONS of people watching him every fight. Tyson was selling more PPVs than Conor back when PPV was like 5% as available as it is today. You are a fucking moron if you think he is close to older Boxing stars. Boxing used to be massive

Everyone know who Tyson is.

No one outside the western world know who Conor is, let alone half of the western world.

GSP doesn't have anything on Jones, his lay n pray style is also the easiest to replicate.
tbh you saying this shows u dont train at all gsp never laid and prayed lol fitch did however gsp always tried to improve position if u actually trained ud see how difficult it is to take someone down and pass guard to top position and working on the finish lol fact maia has so many fights he won by decision when he is the best bjj guy ever in mma show how difficult it truly is

Do you have any fucking clue how big boxing used to be? Ali had BILLIONS of people watching him every fight. Tyson was selling more PPVs than Conor back when PPV was like 5% as available as it is today. You are a fucking moron if you think he is close to older Boxing stars. Boxing used to be massive

more people watched Ali than an olympic game or world cup (soccer) haha.

Everyone know who Tyson is.

No one outside the western world know who Conor is, let alone half of the western world.
tbh brock lesnar is most popular mma fighter due to his wwe days as well everyone world wide knows lesnar id have to say hes the biggest star to compete in mma over all

--- Dana White

The rats & roaches on this board are calling Conor irrelevant meanwhile

UFC 246 is trending right up there with 229. Khabib isn't even the B side.

EOmRjD0UUAA3xSl

Conor Bless​

He was as big as Ronda

So according to Dana teh biebz and Beyonce are as great as Mercury, McCartney, Michael Jackson....

The difference between 13 and 10 is quite different tho
It's only 3 years but a person changes a lot in that time

yeah but i was big at internet forums at 10 with game faqs around 2002 id have joien dhere in 2002 at 10 if i was training but i didnt start training till 12

more people watched Ali than an olympic game or world cup (soccer) haha.
Yeah thats how big the guy is. Even in today's times his funeral was watched by an estimated 2 billion people. Idiots have no clue just how massive he was

tbh you saying this shows u dont train at all gsp never laid and prayed lol fitch did however gsp always tried to improve position if u actually trained ud see how difficult it is to take someone down and pass guard to top position and working on the finish lol fact maia has so many fights he won by decision when he is the best bjj guy ever in mma show how difficult it truly is
Yes it is true that it is difficult to finish someone on the ground

It is also true Jones holds the record number of submissions in his weight class, plus plenty of finishes via ground and pound

So I don't see how you can argue that GSP > Jones unless you are very biased

Back