Conor in court battle to avoid disclosing tax returns

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Conor McGregor is fighting a legal battle in the US to avoid disclosing his sensitive financial data – including details of tax returns, his income and wealth – to a security guard suing him for personal injury.

William Pegg, who worked at the MGM Grand resort in Las Vegas, is pursuing Mr McGregor for launching cans of a soft drink into a crowd at a fiery pre-fight press conference in 2016, ahead of his rematch with Nate Diaz.

Mr Pegg alleges a flying can injured his back and has taken a case in a Nevada court. He wants to force Mr McGregor to give a deposition – sworn testimony delivered in person prior to a trial – about his wealth, to help calculate damages.

This has sparked a flurry of legal activity in recent weeks, as Mr McGregor’s lawyers try to prevent the disclosure of his tax and other data, which they say is designed to embarrass and “harass” him over his “celebrity status”.

They also argue it should be obvious that Mr McGregor is rich enough to pay up if he loses the case, and therefore shouldn’t have to disclose his finances. The fighter is said by Forbes to be worth close to $100 million.
----------------
Haha: https://www.irishtimes.com/business...battle-to-avoid-disclosing-tax-data-1.3673401

Conor-McGregor-Out-of-Money-696x392.jpg

Mcgregor is obviously a prick, but my good I hate the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture that has infected our society.

Suing for damages to your back because you were hit by a can of Monster. You're supposed to work Security for a living you fucking idiot.

Suing him for getting hit with a can in the back ?

What an opportunistic bitch.

Probably find out that Conor is actually not even near worth $100mill

Moonface is a real G!

He's making a fortune off McGregor!!

Michael Chiesa, this William Pegg and who knows who else will be on his heels when he throws another bitch fit.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Conor is a tax-evader and/or money-launderer

Mcgregor is obviously a prick, but my good I hate the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture that has infected our society.

Suing for damages to your back because you were hit by a can of Monster. You're supposed to work Security for a living you fucking idiot.
That means he can be subjected to battery?

How fucking feeble do you have to be to be injured by a can of Monster?

Conor doesn't want everyone to know that he's been bullshitting about how rich he is.

Well, ate diaz doesnt even pay his taxes

Is normal in mma

Conor doesn't want everyone to know that he's been bullshitting about how rich he is.

This is the truth. He is nowhere NEAR as rich as he makes out. Probably spend most of his money on drugs and child maintenance.

WTF are you talking about? I don't think you understand the article.

I'm illustrating my belief that Conor is shady so I'm not surprised he doesn't want to release tax returns or financials. Does that clarify it enough?

Back