Conor has already defended his belt.

Okay your not understanding. Yes we all get that they have deemed you unable to defend your interim belt against the lineal champ. But logically speaking, conor held a championship belt, then fought someone and beat them, thus defending his belt. You would be technically correct in saying he hasn't, but that's not the point of this thread.
Conor didn't have a championship belt. He had a marketing gimmick.

Conor's trolls are showing signs of desperation. Relax, the UFC takes good care of him, win or lose.

You people are so dim. If you remember correctly, conor was scheduled to fight against Aldo first. During that time, Aldo was the champ, and Chad mendes was the number one contender. 2 weeks out Aldo pulls out. They then put mendes in for the interim belt. He beats him becoming champ(Int), then finally fights Aldo and beats him, thus defending his belt. If he had fought Aldo originally, he would have 13 second him, then would have beat mendes for first defence. He just did it backwards because of Aldo PULLING OUT. And it hasn't even been a full year yet.

Haters need to grasp at a straw. You are trying to take away their straw.

You people are so dim. If you remember correctly, conor was scheduled to fight against Aldo first. During that time, Aldo was the champ, and Chad mendes was the number one contender. 2 weeks out Aldo pulls out. They then put mendes in for the interim belt. He beats him becoming champ(Int), then finally fights Aldo and beats him, thus defending his belt. If he had fought Aldo originally, he would have 13 second him, then would have beat mendes for first defence. He just did it backwards because of Aldo PULLING OUT. And it hasn't even been a full year yet.

Way to start with an insult to the sherdog collective intelligence then make about the least informed opinion possible. Apart from the obvious flaws in logic, Mendes would have lost in his title eliminator to Edgar, who would demolish Conor. No stupid Nate fight, no bogus hype train. I think if we're reinventing history this is the reality not your bs.

Okay then.

Using OPs logic I guess GSP has 10 title defenses, instead of 9 and Werdum has 1 title defense,

Way to start with an insult to the sherdog collective intelligence then make about the least informed opinion possible. Apart from the obvious flaws in logic, Mendes would have lost in his title eliminator to Edgar, who would demolish Conor. No stupid Nate fight, no bogus hype train. I think if we're reinventing history this is the reality not your bs.
Lol I'm not reinventing history. I'm stating what happened. Conor beat mendes for the belt(Int), then defended against Aldo. I also stated Aldo pulled out(fact), and forced conor to fight the number 1 contender earlier. Explain in that statement what is "reinvented"? Lol

Turns out this is the new rhetoric to defend this coward.

Bravo TS, I wouldn't have the courage to open such a shit thread with all the shaming that's bound to come.

Sure you can move it if your that salty with the clear logic. Not to mention this is UFC discussion but your to salty to accept it lmao.

I'm not a mod. I did not move it. But the mod obviously saw that your premise is completely asinine so you got Wastelanded.

Considering all of the shit threads that don't get Wastelanded, that should tell you something.

Correct, he defended the undisputed interim championship

Lol I'm not reinventing history. I'm stating what happened. Conor beat mendes for the belt(Int), then defended against Aldo. I also stated Aldo pulled out(fact), and forced conor to fight the number 1 contender earlier. Explain in that statement what is "reinvented"? Lol

Because the interim belt is not the belt and cannot be defended. So your reordering of the fights to make it convenient for your logic is stupid. I'm saying in your timeline, where Conor beat Aldo in December, Mendes also lost to Edgar in December a few days prior so he's not even the logical top contender to defend against.

TS conveniently ignores that had Conor originally fought and beat Aldo, he would then have likely have defended against Mendes, who would have had a full camp...and we saw how their short-notice fight was going before Mendes gassed.

gtfo with this shit. conor has zero defences

It is fact. An interim title holder is not credited with a title defense against the lineal champ. Check how many title defenses Conor is credited with. The answer is ZERO.

If you fight a contender for your interim belt, it is a defense.

Fighting the disputed champion and beating him is also a defense in every sense but the literal. You defend your interim belt, which turns out to be the real belt (since you were better than the champion)

If you fight a contender for your interim belt, it is a defense.

Fighting the disputed champion and beating him is also a defense in every sense but the literal. You defend your interim belt, which turns out to be the real belt (since you were better than the champion)

You can spin that any way that you want to, but you will still be wrong. Conor has ZERO title defenses. You cannot defend the interim belt against the real champ. The real champ has the real belt. That should go without saying.

You can spin that any way that you want to, but you will still be wrong. Conor has ZERO title defenses. You cannot defend the interim belt against the real champ. The real champ has the real belt. That should go without saying.

No. The "real" champ is not considered the undisputed champ while there's an interim champ. you are incorrect.

By far the most uneducated Connie fan yet (and that says a lot).

Is this seriously what the UFC has become? an insane amount of fools for fans? So tired of these new fans.

I miss Pride and StrikeForce so much right now.

No. The "real" champ is not considered the undisputed champ while there's an interim champ. you are incorrect.

And the real champ is never the challenger. The interim champ is the challenger. That is the point of the interim belt. It guarantees the fighter a shot at the lineal belt. Or at least it is supposed to.

The interim champ cannot defend his belt against the lineal champ. It is not considered a title defense.

Check the record book. I have facts on my side here. You have your opinion.

And the real champ is never the challenger. The interim champ is the challenger. That is the point of the interim belt. It guarantees the fighter a shot at the lineal belt. Or at least it is supposed to.

The interim champ cannot defend his belt against the lineal champ. It is not considered a title defense.

Check the record book. I have facts on my side here. You have your opinion.

no, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a championship (even an interim championship) fight means.

I have already said that it isn't literally a defense.

It's a defense for all intents and purposes.

Back