Conor didnt duck anyone

BjPenn2016FW

delete this account
Banned
Reaction score
This fight sells the most PPV's. It generates the most money and creates the most prefight antics.

All these people saying Conor ducked Khabib and Cerrone?

Why the hell would the UFC want Conor vs Khabib from a business standpoint?
I dont think I have ever met a single casual MMA fan who knew who Khabib was. How would
that sell tickets? Claiming Conor ducked him is delusional.
If Conor Koed khabib people would be saying ... "Hey did you see Conor knockout that one Russian guy?"

And Conor ducked Cerrone? Like it or not the Cerrone/RDA fight is still fresh on peoples minds.
The Nate/RDA fight is not. Plus Nate beat up on Cowboy.. Diaz is the man who will generate the biggest PPV numbers.

there was no ducking. It was picking the biggest number generating opponent

Last edited:
How do you duck somebody that wasn't even offered the fight?

How do you duck somebody that wasn't even offered the fight?

EXACTLY

Delusional anti conor reteric by people
I think what people are thinking is that Conor was the one soley picking his fight opponent

Good post. It's the most retarded argument ever presented. "Why didn't UFC give Conor someone who:
1: is a horrible match up for him
2: hasnt fought in 2 years
3: no one knows or cares about"

Are people serious? Stop asking the UFC to give Conor random opponents who may very well beat him. It's a business and Conor is the cash cow. Why in the love of fucks would any business man do such a dumbass thing? They don't want Conor to lose and on short notice they will put on a bigger fight that is competitive but favourable for their money. Jesus.

"Dana, tell them to go away! Go away Cowboy! Go away Khabib!".

The only option I'd have preferred is Pettis, but then again Pettis is the more dangerous fight and he's coming off a loss. The Diaz fight makes the most sense.

If it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make cents.

Diaz bros vs anybody is a headliner.

Good post. It's the most retarded argument ever presented. "Why didn't UFC give Conor someone who:

Are people serious? Stop asking the UFC to give Conor random opponents who may very well beat him. It's a business and Conor is the cash cow. Why in the love of fucks would any business man do such a dumbass thing? They don't want Conor to lose and on short notice they will put on a bigger fight that is competitive but favourable for their money. Jesus.

Yes but even with the fact that Khabib is tough style matchup, I dont think Conor took that into consideration. He seems legitimately "nuts" and willing to fight who ever. But Im sure he did have the numbers in his mind and realized Khabib is unkown to non die hards.

The only option I'd have preferred is Pettis, but then again Pettis is the more dangerous fight and he's coming off a loss. The Diaz fight makes the most sense.

I forgot to mention Pettis. Again all about the numbers. that matchup is the second best IMO

Yes but even with the fact that Khabib is tough style matchup, I dont think Conor took that into consideration. He seems legitimately "nuts" and willing to fight who ever. But Im sure he did have the numbers in his mind and realized Khabib is unkown to non die hards.

Agreed. Conor was scheduled to fight RDA who is also a very tough match for him. Just addressing the many posters asking why would ufc not make (insert biggest star) vs (worst match up for biggest star who no one knows). Are they serious?

Agreed. Conor was scheduled to fight RDA who is also a very tough match for him. Just addressing the many posters asking why would ufc not make (insert biggest star) vs (worst match up for biggest star who no one knows). Are they serious?

I like to joke around with all the conor hype and play into it but Im far from a Conor Fanboy. Its fun and interesting but Im equally a fan of all the fighters mention to be his opponent. I just think it was all business. And who ever was the biggest draw Conor would fight. Hell he wanted Aldo and Frankie! Im sure those would have done big numbers!

He signed up to fight the champ a weight division higher. The champ pulled out. You can't fault him for fighting any replacement. At least he didn't pull out.

Some people just want to see Conor lose, so they demand the toughest possible match ups and claim he's ducking when he doesn't choose the fighter they want to see. How anyone can call Conor a ducker on the strength of the replacement fighters is beyond me. It's not like he chose Diaz from the start, he was going to fight the killer Dos Anjos until he pulled out. Same story with Aldo. I don't blame Conor for making the most of a situation that is not his fault, I'm sure if it was up to him he'd still be fighting RDA for that LW belt.

Some people just want to see Conor lose, so they demand the toughest possible match ups and claim he's ducking when he doesn't choose the fighter they want to see. How anyone can call Conor a ducker on the strength of the replacement fighters is beyond me. It's not like he chose Diaz from the start, he was going to fight the killer Dos Anjos until he pulled out. Same story with Aldo. I don't blame Conor for making the most of a situation that is not his fault, I'm sure if it was up to him he'd still be fighting RDA for that LW belt.

exactly. And Whos to say he wouldnt have chose Aldo or Frankie?
And whos to say he is picking his opponent without the voice of the UFC in his ear?

It's just a coincidence that the "best" fighter on the list is also the one that is the least prepared. It's also just a coincidence that this is the second time it has happened involving Conor. That is a lot of coincidences we are being asked to ignore, seems reasonable to me.

Last edited:

A realest, respect man. Most Conor fans won't admit the UFC is protecting him from a horrible matchup like Khabib. But I agree, even though I think Khabib would beat Conor, not really an exciting fight imho. Conor is the cash cow, Conor is the moneymaker, & the UFC will try to protect their money maker.

It's just a coincidence that the "best" fighter on the list is also the one that is the least prepared. It's also just a coincidence that this is the second time it has happened involving Conor. That is a lot of coincidences we are being asked to ignore, seems reasonable to me.
gjF6Iqp.gif

Conor literally said at the press conference that he chosed Diaz because he knew he would be out of shape.

Back