Conor did 412 rounds against Middleweights

Cmon now lad, let's get serious here... Nate Diaz or Denis Siver aren't exactly Dan Gable and they were able to plant Connie on the mat.

Conors forward approach would've gotten him double legged or if sat back and played the counter game he would've been squashed against the cage and TD with relative ease.

We can both agree that Conor hitting the mat with a decade long BJJ black belt in RDA would've ended quite quickly for Conor.

He called Mini Mendes a "bloated BW" and he was able to ragdoll Connie and pass his non existent guard multiple times with minimal effort.
No I agree with you on multiple points there. I never said he wouldn't or couldn't take him down. Not a single time did I say that. I just said I don't believe the fight would have been a walk for RDA and I do believe that even if he won. Sue me lol.

Small amendment... Conor's hands are way way better than RDA. RDA has good Muay Thai and round kicks. But getting into a striking match with Conor is going to be a bad night for RDA.
No it's going to be a great night for him. He can limit McGregors movement so easily with his pressure due to the massive gap in their physical ability. McGregor is dangerous when he can go in and out, he is not dangerous when he's standing in front of a cage with nowhere to go because his shots don't hurt as much as the ones he recieve and his power isn't being generated with limited ROM.

Also since when is Conor not susceptible to getting his lead leg kicked off and his body turned to dust? His stance is fucking terrible for muay thai low kicks, and he hasn't faced any yet.

It's not that nate is a top LW, its his style. If conor ever fought RDA on that night he fought nate, he would be a 2 weight division champ. He would have killed rda with those shots. Different styles, make different fights. You really think nate could hang with aldo? Hell no. Yet look what conor did to him...

I fundamentally disagree - RDA is a beast who savaged Nate, injury or no. Conor had a nice left and good timing. He's not a dynamic athlete. Hipster kicks are cute but RDA starches Conor without fail.

Nate Diaz is way, way, way better that Todd freaking Duffy. C'mon bro.

Of course he is, but their ranking within their respective divisions is roughly equivalent. You see my point, I think.

That's the big joke.

People be buyin Wolf tickets

I wish I could use the term "Wolf Tickets" authentically in everyday conversation. It's so funny. I sound like a doofus when I try to be cool.

I fundamentally disagree - RDA is a beast who savaged Nate, injury or no. Conor had a nice left and good timing. He's not a dynamic athlete. Hipster kicks are cute but RDA starches Conor without fail.
What separates RDA from Conor is that RDA has that low leg kick and Conor doesn't.

Nate's chicken legs are a disaster against leg kicks.

yes, this is what even if he manages to beat nate, it won't be anything impressive

nate is a mid tier LW currently (apparently he's top 4 on the ufc rankings now, probably something like what happened to siver when he fought connie, they placed him higher in the rankings, mysteriously), and beating him up won't be anything impressive (maybe he surprises us, who knows. but nate isn't some world beater)

EXACTO. It's like everyone forgets that this ain't exactly Jones/Silva. It's Hipster Pipsqueak vs Fan Favorite Slightly-Better-Than-Journeyman. Ho hum.

No it's going to be a great night for him. He can limit McGregors movement so easily with his pressure due to the massive gap in their physical ability. McGregor is dangerous when he can go in and out, he is not dangerous when he's standing in front of a cage with nowhere to go because his shots don't hurt as much as the ones he recieve and his power isn't being generated with limited ROM.

Also since when is Conor not susceptible to getting his lead leg kicked off and his body turned to dust? His stance is fucking terrible for muay thai low kicks, and he hasn't faced any yet.
If he pressures Conor in the striking match, he's going to sleep in the first minute. Even Nate took his time, let Conor come and get the timing down. RDA doesn't have that ability

If he pressures Conor in the striking match, he's going to sleep in the first minute. Even Nate took his time, let Conor come and get the timing down. RDA doesn't have that ability

Nate took his time because he had no camp. Nate was barely even fighting the entire first round and Conor still wasn't able to do shit. RDA KOs conor within a minute.

Yeah, because training for the LW champion is an excuse for losing to a guy who took the fight on 11 days notice...

Nate is weighing 200lbs now. He's a ww. who cuts a ton of weight. He walks around at over 25lbs heavier than conor. So yes people, he is the bigger man. And you are aware that people can and do make improvements?
Source?

I have a real hard time believing that Nate Diaz walks around 5 pounds heavier than prime GSP did.

Didn't he criticize RDA for training in the US?

Why is Connie in TUF Vegas gym?

{<doc}

REEEAAAAAAAACHHH

He was training in Iceland/SBG for the majority of the camp. He came down to Vegas once fight week approaches as he usually does to settle in to the weather etc.

RDA isn't exactly Mendes with his takedowns. Even against no TDD Pettis he used the cage to take him down. I'm not saying Conor would have beaten RDA but doubt RDA would have had a real easy time with him.
How is using the cage somehow a knock against TD ability on sherdog? I think with the ability to wrestle we've seen from both Conor and RDA it's definitely more likely than not that RDA can get him down. That sweet td that Alvarez beautifully sprawled would have done the trick.

Nate is weighing 200lbs now. He's a ww. who cuts a ton of weight. He walks around at over 25lbs heavier than conor. So yes people, he is the bigger man. And you are aware that people can and do make improvements?
If you believe that Nate is 200lbs your are even more retarded than his stupid coach who said that in order to make fools believe Nate is huge.

What is funny is that MysticTap always talked about "little men" and "midgets" when talking about others FWs.. but once he fights a LIGHTWEIGHT he gets wrecked and suddenly is all about size.

They should have rematched at 155.. but Conor needs a reason to bitch.

If you believe that Nate is 200lbs your are even more retarded than his stupid coach who said that in order to make fools believe Nate is huge.

What is funny is that MysticTap always talked about "little men" and "midgets" when talking about others FWs.. but once he fights a LIGHTWEIGHT he gets wrecked and suddenly is all about size.

They should have rematched at 155.. but Conor needs a reason to bitch.

Back