Conor did 412 rounds against Middleweights

No truth to it. Conor got physically bullied by Nate Diaz. RDA would never lose to McGregor the gap in their physical ability is simply too big.
Conor immediately swept Nate in the only ground exchange where both fighters were of sound mind and body

RDA won the fight everywhere not just with his leg kicks. Nate is good at slipping and shoulder rolling? Why did the 10 or so left straights RDA throw hurt him way more than Conors 50 left hands? Can you explain this?
Because RDA is a bruiser lol. The leg and body kicks opened up those left hands. By the way when I quoted his post I wasn't saying Conor beats RDA. I was saying different styles different fight. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Didn't he criticize RDA for training in the US?

Why is Connie in TUF Vegas gym?

{<doc}

He's had his camps in Vegas ever since the Mendes fight.

1. Become acclimated to weather & time zone. (Weather is silly since arena's are air conditioned, but time zone is understandable and many fighters come at least a week ahead to get adjusted).

2. Readily available for media obligations--instead of flying back and forth for 10+ hr flights each way, stay in the fight capitol.

3. TUF gym is just a place they rent out, he trains with SBG members primarily. RDA's permanent camp is with Kings. Personally I could give a shit and depending on the outcome of Conor's fight, maybe it would be fitting for him to find better overall coaching.

Conor immediately swept Nate in the only ground exchange where both fighters were of sound mind and body
Nate is more than willing to go into his guard, also i'm not sure what your point is. A sweep isn't physical. Look at them every time they tied up on the feet, Conor was getting tossed around like a toddler. He has no strength.

Nate is more than willing to go into his guard, also i'm not sure what your point is. A sweep isn't physical. Look at them every time they tied up on the feet, Conor was getting tossed around like a toddler. He has no strength.
So strength > technique and skill?

I was saying different styles different fight. Not a hard concept to grasp.

No infact you quoted his entire post as "absolute truth" - if you had said the styles make fights part was absolute truth i wouldn't have responded to you.

You agreed that the same shots he landed on Nate(aka not on the chin) would have KO'ed RDA which they obviously wouldn't since not even a clean overhand ON THE CHIN from Alvarez KO'ed him. And Alvarez is a harder hitter than McGinger.

Nate is weighing 200lbs now. He's a ww. who cuts a ton of weight. He walks around at over 25lbs heavier than conor. So yes people, he is the bigger man. And you are aware that people can and do make improvements?
Your right. Im sure nate has made some.

RDA isn't exactly Mendes with his takedowns. Even against no TDD Pettis he used the cage to take him down. I'm not saying Conor would have beaten RDA but doubt RDA would have had a real easy time with him.
Actually Pettis stuffed almost all of Gilberts and Eddie's takedowns. The tdd stats on those fights were impressive. They tried hard. He also showcased nice TDD vs Benson in their second fight.

Anthony's defensive wrestling is very good, and RDA took him down at will.

No infact you quoted his entire post as "absolute truth" - if you had said the styles make fights part was absolute truth i wouldn't have responded to you.

You agreed that the same shots he landed on Nate(aka not on the chin) would have KO'ed RDA which they obviously wouldn't since not even a clean overhand ON THE CHIN from Alvarez KO'ed him. And Alvarez is a harder hitter than McGinger.
Lol whatever you say guy. I'm pretty sure I know what I was responding too. But have it your way.

So strength > technique and skill?
No, strength + speed + technique and skill > technique and skill. Conor isn't better than RDA, he's better at moving in and out and that's about the only aspect of martial arts he's better in. But you cannot move in and out against someone so physically superior, he will get walked back there's no debate about it.

Dumb computer nerd fans that flock to McGregor don't understand how pressure works in the cage, because they have never been in there. But if there's one thing every fighter alive knows, it's that RDA would pressure McGregor so easily and walk away with a simple win.

Actually Pettis stuffed almost all of Gilberts and Eddie's takedowns. The tdd stats on those fights were impressive. They tried hard. He also showcased nice TDD vs Benson in their second fight.

Anthony's defensive wrestling is very good, and RDA took him down at will.
Gil and Eddie aren't takedown artists either. Guida took down Pettis whenever he felt like it seemed.

Lol whatever you say guy. I'm pretty sure I know what I was responding too. But have it your way.
Sure you might have meant something else, but your post didn't convey that. Learn to write then, or learn to quote whichever you prefer. Just accept that Conrad McWeakboy would get mauled by RDA because he's a little piss ant in comparison.

No, strength + speed + technique and skill > technique and skill. Conor isn't better than RDA, he's better at moving in and out and that's about the only aspect of martial arts he's better in. But you cannot move in and out against someone so physically superior, he will get walked back there's no debate about it.

Dumb computer nerd fans that flock to McGregor don't understand how pressure works in the cage, because they have never been in there. But if there's one thing every fighter alive knows, it's that RDA would pressure McGregor so easily and walk away with a simple win.
McGregor is a way, way better striker than RDA and trying to put pressure on Conor standing is how you get knocked out.

Sure you might have meant something else, but your post didn't convey that. Learn to write then, or learn to quote whichever you prefer. Just accept that Conrad McWeakboy would get mauled by RDA because he's a little piss ant in comparison.
Right after you learn not to be a dick I'll take your words into consideration.

Gil and Eddie aren't takedown artists either. Guida took down Pettis whenever he felt like it seemed.
Gilbert and Eddie wrestled before doing MMA. That's literally their background lol.

They are what you call wrestle-boxers. Wrestlers that discovered their hands.

McGregor is a way, way better striker than RDA and trying to put pressure on Conor standing is how you get knocked out.

McGregor isn't a better striker than RDA tho, he's a different striker. As you saw(and will see again) McGregors striking wasn't enough to deal with Nate while RDA molested him on the feet.

Gilbert and Eddie wrestled before doing MMA. That's literally their background lol.

They are what you call wrestle-boxers. Wrestlers that discovered their hands.
I know that. They do not have authoritative takedowns though. That is why I said they are not takedown artists, despite their backgrounds. I come from wrestling and grappling, I'm not uneducated on the subject. There is more to wrestling than having great takedowns. Gil and Eddie's takedowns aren't great.

No he isn't, RDA will destroy him like he ran over Cerrone. Conor would crumble with the first body kick with his ugly inefficient stance.
RDA is a monster, the fight can go either way but none of Conor's spinning shit works against a guy like Nate.

RDA isn't exactly Mendes with his takedowns. Even against no TDD Pettis he used the cage to take him down. I'm not saying Conor would have beaten RDA but doubt RDA would have had a real easy time with him.

Cmon now lad, let's get serious here... Nate Diaz or Denis Siver aren't exactly Dan Gable and they were able to plant Connie on the mat.

Conors forward approach would've gotten him double legged or if sat back and played the counter game he would've been squashed against the cage and TD with relative ease.

We can both agree that Conor hitting the mat with a decade long BJJ black belt in RDA would've ended quite quickly for Conor.

He called Mini Mendes a "bloated BW" and he was able to ragdoll Connie and pass his non existent guard multiple times with minimal effort.

No he isn't, RDA will destroy him like he ran over Cerrone. Conor would crumble with the first body kick with his ugly inefficient stance.
Small amendment... Conor's hands are way way better than RDA. RDA has good Muay Thai and round kicks. But getting into a striking match with Conor is going to be a bad night for RDA.

Back