Conor beats Aldo, Edgar beats Conor.

People are assuming Aldo will just leg kick his way to victory, but the fact is he hasn't legitimately finished a fight in years and has been noticeably slowed down.

McGregor has outboxed everyone he's faced, combined with his kicking ability and size it'll be a difficult fight for Aldo to catch him. Wrestling is the remedy for Conors style and Aldo really lacks that skill.

Slowed down? Aldo was very fast in those exchanges against Mendes. The hell are you talking about

People are assuming Aldo will just leg kick his way to victory, but the fact is he hasn't legitimately finished a fight in years and has been noticeably slowed down.

McGregor has outboxed everyone he's faced, combined with his kicking ability and size it'll be a difficult fight for Aldo to catch him. Wrestling is the remedy for Conors style and Aldo really lacks that skill.

Honestly, I might agree he may just leg kick Conor to victory. People are assuming Conor will fight a guy who is just gonna stand there and be a punching bag. Aldo has excellent head movement and counterpunching that would surprise Conor no doubt, plus those quick yet vicious leg kicks. Yep Conor outboxed everyone he's faced, but assuming he's gonna outbox Jose too is hard to believe. Aldo hasn't finished a fight in years, in fighting Conor it might end that streak.

Height dictates fights? Reach? Ask Stefan Struve.

Great analysis though, lol.

I think Conor is going to beat both of them, back to back, and Frankie will be much easier for him than Aldo.

I agree with your assessment of how the Aldo fight will go and think many of the same advantages will be applied to Edgar. Conor will use his speed and length to keep Frankie at bay. He will touch Edgar up almost at will from range. I think there will be a lot of scrambles in that fight, though, because Conor will completely disrespect Frankie's strikes and throw the reckless kicks that will go over Frank's head or be caught and Edgar will tie him up, but he won't be able to control Conor at all. He will probably get some take downs but McGregor is just too big, too fast, and just reacts too quickly for Frankie to control him, IMO, without the control Frankie just get's beat to the punch and will eventually drop.

Aldo is going to be much harder for him to impose his will and Aldo is going to make him pay much more for any mistakes.

What exactly do you aldo did to edgar? You say that as if he embarrassed or even finished edgar. That was a pretty close 5 rounds

The MMA world said it will be Aldo's toughest test to date, and he won 4 rounds at the very least. He damaged Frankie's face and Aldo looked like he went out for a jogging after that fight. I love Frankie but frankly it wasn't a close fight, Rogan was just exaggerating.

The MMA world said it will be Aldo's toughest test to date, and he won 4 rounds at the very least. He damaged Frankie's face and Aldo looked like he went out for a jogging after that fight. I love Frankie but frankly it wasn't a close fight, Rogan was just exaggerating.

Frankie's face always gets messed up. He's looked worse in some of his wins. Just because Aldo won 4 rounds doesnt mean it wasn't close. Im not saying he shouldn't have won cause he clearly did but people remember things the way they want

Love people that think Aldo is going to stand and trade with Mcgregor. If you think that, then you have never heard of Dede. Possibly the greatest head coach ever, we will not let Aldo trade with McG. Aldo will take him down and pound him out. Using his world class BJJ as its been proven that you don't need great wrestling TD to takedown Conor. Just ask Siver!!

Also love how for the nut huggers, now Siver is some sort of TD machine!!!!

Wtf is this about shoes? They're at the same height in that picture, unless you're saying that Aldo has shoes on and Conor doesn't. The angles are weird in that picture anyhow. Aldo's shoulders are actually higher, but he looks thinner.

If you're just arguing that Conor has a larger build, then don't mention the shoes, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

Edit: Oh fuck, you're trying to compare the two photos with Joe as the reference to figure out who is taller? Lol, gtfo

McGregor is 5'9" and Aldo is 5'7"

End of story.

Just because he won 4 rounds doesnt mean it wasn't. Im saying he shouldn't have won cause he clearly did but people remember things the way they want

Which is exactly what the edgar nut huggers are doing. Aldo was never in danger and had control of the fight at every moment. The fact that it wasn't 50-45 across the board was disappointing, but not that surprising considering most judges are stupid enough to score a round for a fighter because he gets a td for 1 second and does nothing to follow it up.

Which is exactly what the edgar nut huggers are doing. Aldo was never in danger and had control of the fight at every moment. The fact that it wasn't 50-45 across the board was disappointing, but not that surprising considering most judges are stupid enough to score a round for a fighter because he gets a td for 1 second and does nothing to follow it up.

When exactly did Aldo have Frankie in trouble? I like both guys so it has nothing to do with being a Frankie fan. I was at the fight and i've watched it multiple times. The score cards were 49-46 49-46 48-47. Sherdog had it 48-47 48-47 and 49-46 and i don't really think anyone paying attention would have scored it 50-45 at the time

Frankie landed 60 significant strikes and 2 take downs, Aldo landed 73... Super domination bro

Last edited:
When exactly did Aldo have Frankie in trouble? I like both guys so it has nothing to do with being a Frankie fan. I was at the fight and i've watched it multiple times. The score cards were 49-46 49-46 48-47. Sherdog had it 48-47 48-47 and 49-46 and i don't really think anyone paying attention would have scored it 50-45 at the time

Frankie landed 60 significant strikes and 2 take downs, Aldo landed 73... Super domination bro

Yeah. I had it 48-47 aldo. It was a close fight. Not close as far as damage goes. That was aldo. But close as far as control and pace.

Two takedowns that he did absolutely nothing with, so they're pretty irrelevant, and when you compare the types of strikes edgar was throwing, i.e. his usual patty cake shit, vs the leather that aldo was laying on edgar, the term "significant strikes" does not really convey the discrepancy between the two.

Where did I say anything about trouble? I said aldo controlled that fight from beginning to end, which he did. You're one of the many who watches edgar hop around out there and shadow box, thinking that he's being more effective than he actually is, and you let that make you think he's accomplishing something, when in reality all he did was survive 5 rounds, taking some damage (not a ton) but doing nothing to his opponent.

Edgar will be fed to Aldo or Mendez. Connor won't be given boring fights.

Thing is Mendes beats both Edgar and Conor.

Actuslly, so does Aldo. Who also beats Mendes.

Love people that think Aldo is going to stand and trade with Mcgregor. If you think that, then you have never heard of Dede. Possibly the greatest head coach ever, we will not let Aldo trade with McG. Aldo will take him down and pound him out. Using his world class BJJ as its been proven that you don't need great wrestling TD to takedown Conor. Just ask Siver!!

Also love how for the nut huggers, now Siver is some sort of TD machine!!!!

worked pretty well against MTB and manny gamburyan IIRC

It is for that reason I will be rooting for Conor hard. Frankie will be a two div champ if that happens. Bring it.

Back