Conor and Khabibs last fights in full

Khabib can keep up his upper body TD/mat return game for a good while as long as he has enough top control time to recover. Typically he's quick to get a trip or throw. He burns most of his energy breaking down his opponents as they base up. On the plus side that opens up lots of GnP for him. I think he'll bring out his A-game early and show how far he can really push himself.

Yeah, I'm sure one of the barbs Conor will throw at him is he's a 'decision machine' but like you said, he does wear opponents down in the 1st 2 rounds and is quick to clamp down on them so to speak. From what we've seen, that's Nurmagomedov's most likely way of winning. With Conor, people refer to Mendes or Siver. So fair enough folk go on what they've seen, but the name of the game is evolving - we don't know what Conor's answer will be in that scenario because we haven't seen it as of late. If he was training regularly in those 2 years he has potentially added more to his overall game.

I think Nurmagomedov will try to walk him down and keep his guard up high or do something totally out of the norm. They both come forward from the off so that's going to be interesting to see. But it's all about what happens on the night.

Personally, I don't see trash talk effecting the fight. Khabib has always seemed to strive in stressful situations and even have fun with them at times. He's been getting more media lately but hasn't shown signs of discomfort yet.

This fight having such a small amount of time for the buildup will also make it hard to really get deep into mind games. Conor had an entire world tour to fuck with Aldo. This time he's gonna be on a much shorter time limit.

Yeah, Aldo was completely different. I don't see the shit talk bothering either one. My sort of musing is about how Nurmagomedov is at dealing with the media while preparing for a fight. He's admitted he's not a big fan of media and he has been doing more, but when a fighter is cutting weight and getting asked the same question over and over, I'd imagine it drains on them and something he hasn't gone through. There was the obvious distractions in the last fight and I don't think it had an effect on him, but this type of media environment is going to be completely different. It's not something I'm thinking that is a deciding factor in a fight, but I think the whole circus can drain someone.

Honestly, I think the first 2 minutes are gonna really decide the flow of that fight.

I reckon that's what everyone is thinking - there'll be no feeling out one another for long and it could be a case of 1 making the wrong move or throwing the wrong shot. Should be interesting to watch.

And Conor's 2 fights before that, barely beats a journeyman by majority decision and gets finished by him in a humiliating fashion.
Khabib's 2 fights before that, absolutely mauls both his opponents.

And btw that can't finish his last opponent was 50-43 lmao
At 170 dummy.

If connor does not ko him inside Two rounds khabib will win but I hope he doesn’t try to fight Connor like he did al lol

It's not that Khabib sucks guys it's just that in the sport of MMA Conor is just that good.
Probs to Khabib for going 26-0 but for real this is about the worse fight in the division for him.

I could wax poetically on why this is the case but I'm too fucked up!

I can however type with confidence when I say you should expect Conor to win by 3rd minute of the first round.
tenor.gif

At 170 dummy.

So what moron? He wasn't fighting Darren Till was he? Nate was never known for being a big lw, let alone a ww. The guy was squashed by small lws before yet idiots like you made it look like Conor was up against some monster at WW.

Khabib has set such standards that even 50-43 is considered poor. GOAT.
No lol the fight was just boring and unimpressive. Especially considering a “GOAT” can’t finish an 11th ranked guy who came in on short notice.

I really did not remember so much of Conor vs Eddie taking place at mid-close range.

Conor's frame counters are no joke. He'll blatantly fish for them but it's hard not to take that bait when you need to get close. Eddie was loading up way too much coming in and got dusted every time. He got absolutely toyed with.

The only useful bit here for Khabib is that you can land those TDs on Conor and even if you don't finish them, you will land in the clinch. Eddie landed those TDs but consistently got stuffed trying to finish them. That's less of an issue for a chain wrestler like Khabib. He just needs to grab a hold of something to get that magic working.

The issue is Conor is looking for any opening to fire the big guns and stun you. Shooting in on a (seemingly) passive Conor can be a risk.

There are a lot of layers here.
This is a very good post. A big question is will Khabibs chin hold when trying to grab a hold of something? he has to close the distance and he isn’t particularly fast or has good striking to mix it in with takedowns and level changes. So when he does get hit will it hold for him to keep pushing forward??

So what moron? He wasn't fighting Darren Till was he? Nate was never known for being a big lw, let alone a ww. The guy was squashed by small lws before yet idiots like you made it look like Conor was up against some monster at WW.
Aye ok, here's the "not big LW" Nate facing off against a guy who couldn't make 155 any more and now fights at 170lbs.
rafael-dos-anjos-nate-diaz-ufc-on-fox-131.jpg

Aye ok, here's the "not big LW" Nate facing off against a guy who couldn't make 155 any more and now fights at 170lbs.

yeah nate is literally three times the size of conor, he's actually a super heavyweight, which is why he did so well against rory macdonald.

64mm3t_medium.gif

anyone who says conor vs nate was at 170 as a way to disregard the spanking nate gave him is a fucking idiot. the only reason the fight was at 170 was because nate refused to go through a weightcut with 10 days notice. conor was preparing for a LW title fight and weighed in at 168, while nate weighed in at 169. neither cut jack shit, this was a lightweight fight without dehydration.

nate was heavier a grand total of 1lb.

yeah nate is literally three times the size of conor, he's actually a super heavyweight, which is why he did so well against rory macdonald.

64mm3t_medium.gif

anyone who says conor vs nate was at 170 as a way to disregard the spanking nate gave him is a fucking idiot. the only reason the fight was at 170 was because nate refused to go through a weightcut with 10 days notice. conor was preparing for a LW title fight and weighed in at 168, while nate weighed in at 169. neither cut jack shit, this was a lightweight fight without dehydration.
You're beyond stupid if you think Nate didn't cut at least 20lbs for that fight, you seriously think Nate doesn't walk around when he's not training at 190+

You think that these men have a 1 pound weight difference?
UFC+196+McGregor+v+Diaz+Press+Conference+mCGi0AuhBKNl.jpg

Or you could have just posted actual Conor vs Nate pic for comparison genious? Nate is just tall and skinny and sure bigger than Conor but the guy has been manhandled by many lw's before. Never before was he known as a big lw nor known for being strong.

hqdefault.jpg

Or you could have just posted actual Conor vs Nate pic for comparison genious? Nate is just tall and skinny and sure bigger than Conor but the guy has been manhandled by many lw's before. Never before was he known as a big lw nor known for being strong.

hqdefault.jpg
Hahaha, I did post a Conor and Nate photo in my next post, funny that you went searching for a few photos where the angle makes them look close in size...

2 can play at that game.
Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

McGregorDiazBrawl2.jpg

be3fed97ea9545dbb020b8e4ba9471f6.jpg

CFwQ9_wUsAAj20y.jpg

There is naturally a big size difference between both men, Conor blew himself up for the first fight whereas Nate shrunk himself down, and even with that there was more than a weight class between them.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't regard that as a valid excuse for Conor losing, but at the same time stop with the bullshit, they are not of equivalent size.

Fight?
<{walkerwhut}>
What fight stops when you take the back or enter the clinch? What fight stops when you look at the referee and ask for help? Farce more than a fight.

When did that happen?

What are you saying here? That fights with rules are not fights?

Because you can't even throw downward elbows in MMA last I checked

Hahaha, I did post a Conor and Nate photo in my next post, funny that you went searching for a few photos where the angle makes them look close in size...

2 can play at that game.
Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

McGregorDiazBrawl2.jpg

be3fed97ea9545dbb020b8e4ba9471f6.jpg

CFwQ9_wUsAAj20y.jpg

There is naturally a big size difference between both men, Conor blew himself up for the first fight whereas Nate shrunk himself down, and even with that there was more than a weight class between them.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't regard that as a valid excuse for Conor losing, but at the same time stop with the bullshit, they not of equivalent size.

I never said they are the same size. Nate is definitely bigger but Conor fans make ot out to be a huge differencr which it is not. Like I said Nate was never considered a big lw until conor fans started this claim. And you were the one who posted a pic first so yeah two can play that game.

And btw you don't consider it being an excuse for Conor's loss yet this whole discussion started because the moron above made the excuse of 170.

I never said they are the same size. Nate is definitely bigger but Conor fans make ot out to be a huge differencr which it is not. Like I said Nate was never considered a big lw until conor fans started this claim. And you were the one who posted a pic first so yeah two can play that game.

And btw you don't consider it being an excuse for Conor's loss yet this whole discussion started because the moron above made the excuse of 170.
I was only responding to the comment that Nate isn't considered a big LW, and to me that's not remotely true, he's a massive LW, maybe back when he was a kid on TUF he wasn't a big lw but he has filled out a lot over the years, Nate missed weight 16 months before his fight with Conor, weighed in at 160.8lbs...

After watching Khabib's fight I wouldn't be surprised to see Iaquinta beating him in a rematch. About Mcgregor, I pretty much saw what I expected to see. His approach when Alvarez was down wasn't the best though. Other than that....well, he's good. I'm not a fan but gotta recognize his skills.

Yeah, I'm sure one of the barbs Conor will throw at him is he's a 'decision machine'
You know what would be funny? Conor calling Khabib a decision machine and then getting choked out, which is actually a pretty probable scenario.

After watching Khabib's fight I wouldn't be surprised to see Iaquinta beating him in a rematch. About Mcgregor, I pretty much saw what I expected to see. His approach when Alvarez was down wasn't the best though. Other than that....well, he's good. I'm not a fan but gotta recognize his skills.
You'd pick a guy who lost all rounds 50-43 and didn't land a single punch on his opponent to beat him in a rematch? That's a bold pick.

You'd pick a guy who lost all rounds 50-43 and didn't land a single punch on his opponent to beat him in a rematch? That's a bold pick.
I'm pretty sure he did land punches.

Back