Conor and Khabibs last fights in full

liteitup

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
They are both really good at what they are good at.A true pick um fight.I think Connor is going to be a lot bigger than 2 years ago by seeing him in his instagram now.

Conor's last fight: Completely humiliates the LW champion and finishes him inside 2 rounds
Khabib's last fight: Can't even finish #11 ranked real estate agent

Conor may have some early succes but I think Khabib's chin will hold up and Conor's cardio will fail him ending in a brutal beatdown by Khabib.

I'm most interested in two things:

1. How does Khabib close the distance
2. How does Khabib deal with 'the shell game' that Conor sets up

Thanks for the links tho. I don't know how anyone can watch those fights and not salivate. You never see championship fights where one fighter just steam rolls a guy like that. This is as close to Jones DC as we will get in terms of totally elite and dominant guys going head to head. I love Tony but I feel he is in a tier below, more at an RDA, Eddie, Poirier type level.

The easiest fight to Khabib on the entire top 5 now. Good warm up before Dustin or Ferg fight.

Conor's last fight: Completely humiliates the LW champion and finishes him inside 2 rounds
And Conor's 2 fights before that, barely beats a journeyman by majority decision and gets finished by him in a humiliating fashion.
Khabib's 2 fights before that, absolutely mauls both his opponents.

And btw that can't finish his last opponent was 50-43 lmao

While I agree, it's hard to compare a KO artist to a bear mauling type style. It's probably easier to take a loss by taking a nap opposed to getting mutilated for 25 minutes.

I will say there were more holes shown in Khabib's performance than in Conor's - that was about as flawless a performance that you will see in a championship fight at the elite level ever. He made Eddie look like an absolute bum <Lmaoo> Poor Eddie.

I think that real estate agent would give Eddie a competitive fight though.

They are both really good at what they are good at.A true pick um fight.I think Connor is going to be a lot bigger than 2 years ago by seeing him in his instagram now.

I don't think being bigger will help him at all against Khabib. If anything a lighter, more mobile version of himself would be best so he can stick and move, create angles, and not get tired doing it.

No, this is Mcgregor's last fight. Khabib is riding on momentum, McGregor is still recovering from this beating, mentally and physically

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

Khabib's ability to land TDs while on the back foot is getting better. He's very calm with his back against the cage. Could come in handy if Conor chooses to make the cage small like he did with Chad.

Conor is an easier fight than Dustin? <YeahOKJen>

This is certainly possible assuming that Conor won't be able to keep up with the grappling round to round like most of us expect.

I can see Dustin hanging with Khabib for much longer than Conor. Conor NEEDS the early KO.

No, this is Mcgregor's last fight. Khabib is riding on momentum, McGregor is still recovering from this beating, mentally and physically

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg
Fight?
<{walkerwhut}>
What fight stops when you take the back or enter the clinch? What fight stops when you look at the referee and ask for help? Farce more than a fight.

Khabib is always moving backwards, he tries to lure everyone to the cage. He will gladly give lead and lure a fighter into a false sense of security by moving backwards. THIS IS NOT GOING TO WORK AGAINST CONOR...

Sorry it is not going to. Conor will control the range, the tempo, the pace, and every other aspect of the fight.
It's isnt going to be close guys, Khabib is too slow, too plodding, too predictable and way too sloppy.

Look at Eddie fighting Conor, look how much faster he was then Khabib. Look how much more skilled and diverse his striking is, now look what happened every time he got close.
I'll give you a hint, he only got close like 6 times and he was dropped on four of those occasions.

Now look at how Khabib fights Al, He is moving backwards and controlling everything, making al march forward. As Khabib slowly moves back. He doesn't throw a strike he just waits. But he is comfortable because the closer he is to the cage the better off he is. This is going to be his fucking downfall!

Marching straight to the cage , backwards like some herky jerky idiot, marching right where Conor wants him.

Once khabibs back is to the cage and he finds Conor pressuring him yet somehow so far away, Khabib hasn't the foot work to push Conor back, he will then do that stupid Flying Knee To bull rush but get pieced up, or he will do that low single ankle pick which will be miles short, remember Conor will be pressuring Khabib , but not at close range. He will probably be pieced up on the way up. Or he will attempt his pretty good modified uppercut, the problem is that Conor is Going to slip it, pivot out and test the dudes chin.

Conor is extremely good against the cage, his leverage is amazing. If Khabib somehow gets Conor tied up against the cage then he will have to figure out a way to defend without using the underhook while posturing up as you see him do in the one spot in which Eddie had him tied up. That will get him suplex. But again Conor is not going to be first in the exchanges folks....

That's how I see it going quote me

Khabib's ability to land TDs while on the back foot is getting better. He's very calm with his back against the cage. Could come in handy if Conor chooses to make the cage small like he did with Chad.
I'm fairly certain Nate beat the Mystic Mac head hunter out of Conor. Even in the May match, you could see how cautious and calculated he was. Every one was expecting him to go balls to the wall but he wanted to out point the pointer. Maybe not the best idea hindsight, but I don't expect that mad man we saw vs Chad.

Khabib has set such standards that even 50-43 is considered poor. GOAT.

I'm fairly certain Nate beat the Mystic Mac head hunter out of Conor. Even in the May match, you could see how cautious and calculated he was. Every one was expecting him to go balls to the wall but he wanted to out point the pointer. Maybe not the best idea hindsight, but I don't expect that mad man we saw vs Chad.
Possibly. Still, Conor was pressuring Eddie bit by bit in their fight as well. It's still part of his method it seems but you're right, he is absolutely more conservative.

I honestly would not be shocked if the first minute is just feints and feeling each other out. The pressure these two will be is is gonna be insane. One bad move could be the beginning of the end.

Back