Conor Actually Destroyed Mendes

Coming from you, i'll take that as a complement.

It's fine, I don't care. Conor clearly was getting destroyed until that sub, it was quite pathetic at some point I seriously felt bad for the guy, seeing as after all this talk he was just lying on the ground, a la Rumble Johnson.

I think MMA judging has tainted people ability to tell who's winning a fight.

Conor won round 1 without a doubt, the majority of the round played out on the feet, and Conor was surgically taking him apart, Mendes got him down and landed a few elbows, but in no way did it negate Conors stand up dominance.

Round 1 = Conor

Mendes was winning round 2 due to most of the round taking place on the ground with Mendes in top control, although Conor was never in any real danger, whenever round 2 was on the feet Conor was hurting him badly and eventually he got back up and landed about 13 unanswered strikes to put Mendes away.

Round 2 (if Mendes had made it to the bell) = Conor

This.

/Thread

The opening of the second round said it all.

The hardest part of the match for Conor was fixing his majestic, beautiful hair.

KABI8uN.jpg
[/QUOTE

This is a blue belt, posting this shit. A blue belt!

Chad was ahead 10-9, with round 2 being the same...if the guy wasn't totally gassed worse than Shane Carwin, he could have easily dominated for all 5 rounds. I don't know if Chad gassed, quit, or something else, but it wasn't normal. Conor didn't look great, he didn't stop the takedowns and he didn't do a ton of damage on the feet...he just lucked out. Aldo is going to steamroll him, and I have a feeling someone like Faber, Mendes, Edgar, or any solid wrestler could easily hold him down or finish him. Surviving on your back, while your opponent gets tired cause he had 1 week to prepare, is not dominating. You can speak all you want, the judges all had it 10-9 so why are you speaking as if they somehow didn't? Again, at 30 second mark Mendes stands up and literally freezes. When do we see this ever from a 145 Alpha Male guy in the 2nd round? McGregor lucked out! McGregor won, but it was 100% not like you describe it!

Destroying someone is what Ronda Rousey did. McGregor doesn't have the ability to do that to people!

Chad was up 10-9 and on his way to being up 20-18.
Doesn't matter though because he got knocked out.

Chad was ahead 10-9, with round 2 being the same...if the guy wasn't totally gassed worse than Shane Carwin, he could have easily dominated for all 5 rounds. I don't know if Chad gassed, quit, or something else, but it wasn't normal. Conor didn't look great, he didn't stop the takedowns and he didn't do a ton of damage on the feet...he just lucked out. Aldo is going to steamroll him, and I have a feeling someone like Faber, Mendes, Edgar, or any solid wrestler could easily hold him down or finish him. Surviving on your back, while your opponent gets tired cause he had 1 week to prepare, is not dominating. You can speak all you want, the judges all had it 10-9 so why are you speaking as if they somehow didn't? Again, at 30 second mark Mendes stands up and literally freezes. When do we see this ever from a 145 Alpha Male guy in the 2nd round? McGregor lucked out! McGregor won, but it was 100% not like you describe it!

Destroying someone is what Ronda Rousey did. McGregor doesn't have the ability to do that to people!

Conor was injured and receiving stem cell injections into his knee. He couldn't even wrestle ("live wrestling" practice) to prepare for Chad on such short notice. He also won round 1 via the big gap in significant strikes landed and managed to buckle Mendes in that round as well. Round 2 = Mendes was finished and turtled up not defending intelligently.

The rest of your trash I didn't read because you're clearly a cluebag.

It's fine, I don't care. Conor clearly was getting destroyed until that sub, it was quite pathetic at some point I seriously felt bad for the guy, seeing as after all this talk he was just lying on the ground, a la Rumble Johnson.

It is really the truth. All that hype, and he is laying on his back losing rounds. He is just lucky that Mendes DIDN'T COME READY TO FIGHT. Because in no world does McGregor win that fight if Mendes was 100%...

Conor was injured and receiving stem cell injections into his knee. He couldn't even wrestle ("live wrestling" practice) to prepare for Chad on such short notice. He also won round 1 via the big gap in significant strikes landed and managed to buckle Mendes in that round as well. Round 2 = Mendes was finished and turtled up not defending intelligently.

The rest of your trash I didn't read because you're clearly a cluebag.

He lost the round, according to all 3 judges scoring it for Mendes. He was going to lose round 2. I don't want to hear excuses about his knee, that is the lamest shit I have ever heard. If I knew how to post one of those Gifs of "Conors big book of excuses" I would. You are delusional, or trolling. Poor Conor, all that talking and he couldn't back it up.

Jones/Shogun is someone getting destroyed, McGregor/Mendes is not

This is a blue belt, posting this shit. A blue belt!

Am I wrong?

What, you guys thought a fat roly poly wrassler who moves like a shopping buggy filled with food all on one side would be able to beat Conor?

Muh takedowns!

Fun fact: the guillotine attempt in R2 was because Conor was fucking him up with elbows from the bottom.

[YT]Q86V9-Ck0RI[/YT]

He lost the round, according to all 3 judges scoring it for Mendes. He was going to lose round 2. I don't want to hear excuses about his knee, that is the lamest shit I have ever heard. If I knew how to post one of those Gifs of "Conors big book of excuses" I would. You are delusional, or trolling. Poor Conor, all that talking and he couldn't back it up.

Clearly Chad controlled the majority of round 2, but even if the bell rings before Herb called it off and Chad makes it to round 3 the damage Conor did in the last 30 seconds wins him the round.

You think that as a destroying an opponent?

Wow.

Uh he did something Aldo could do in 5 rounds make Mendes face plant and curl up like a turtle.

Unless you want to bring up the part where Aldo grabbed the fence to stop Mendes from taking him down then kneed him out.

So yes it was a competitive fight but Mcgregor did all the damage save for a superficial cut from an elbow. He destroyed Mendes body with kicks and broke him down.

Even after Conor explained it for the fans who dont train and have never taken a body kick before, we still have so many people linking it to Mendes lack of a camp. Which was of course a factor in his cardio but he and every fighter at Alpha Male staed they stay in top shape year round which is much easier for smaller fighters to do.

I've never known a guy 5'5 and a 150lbs not to have good cardio even if they arent a pro fighter. The fact that Mendes could even make 2 rounds without gassing says a lot.

The worse fighter Conor has fought in the UFC was Marcus Brimage, and he is more talented in every way than the 2nd best fighter in Ronda's division.

So well done Ronda, you can only fight who they put in front of you but imagine how incredibly dominant Conor would look if Brimage was the next best fighter in his division....

I am sure you don't mind Aldo using an injury as an excuse not to fight. Is that the lamest excuse that you have ever heard? How about Mendes and the short training camp brigade of excuses? Or are you only opposed to excuses when they don't work to your advantage?

Conor couldn't back it up? Have you forgotten who won the fight again?

I agree Conor stole Mendes' soul. Problem is most people aren't knowledgeable/smart enough to see it that way. Especially on Sherdog lol

[/B]

The worse fighter Conor has fought in the UFC was Marcus Brimage, and he is more talented in every way than the 2nd best fighter in Ronda's division.

So well done Ronda, you can only fight who they put in front of you but imagine how incredibly dominant Conor would look if Brimage was the next best fighter in his division....

That dude you are debating claims that Conor cannot destroy people. What did he do to Dustin Poirier?

I felt that Mendes had to finish it early. Even with a full camp, I don't think he could have wrestled for 5 straight rounds vs Conor.

That dude you are debating claims that Conor cannot destroy people. What did he do to Dustin Poirier?

inb4 someone replies with "lucky punch" lol.

It is really the truth. All that hype, and he is laying on his back losing rounds. He is just lucky that Mendes DIDN'T COME READY TO FIGHT. Because in no world does McGregor win that fight if Mendes was 100%...

You can keep your desperate hypotheticals, the rest of us will continue living in reality, where McGregor mauled and ko'd Mendes.

Whining and excuse making after the fact doesn't change the result.

Back